Boxster racecar

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:08 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster racecar

I'm not sure if this qualifies as an ad, hope it doesn't get deleted.

I know you guys are mostly 911 diehards, but I thought someone here might want to know about this. Michael Lansky is thinking of selling his GT3S (PCA Race class, not model) Boxster racecar.

http://www.iq.dynip.com/~racing/inde...cgi?read=23930

I've raced with this car (not against ) and it is incredibly fast.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:48 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My first thought was that this is not a competitive car, but if his numbers are true.... I'd say it can run at the front of gt3 with the right driver.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:40 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 808 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by NetManiac
I know you guys are mostly 911 diehards, but I thought someone here might want to know about this. Michael Lansky is thinking of selling his GT3S (PCA Race class, not model) Boxster racecar.
Which car is it (the sliver one, the AZ flag one. the RUF looking thing...?)

and how is this PCA club race legal?

http://granbandido.smugmug.com/galle...286/3/11921500
Old 01-16-2005, 07:10 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, it's not my car, so any answers I give may not be very detailed, or even correct . You may be better off send an email to the address in the post.

What I do know is that the car started off as a silver Boxster and then got the AZ flag treatment later on.

I think the pic you linked to is of a different car altogether. I believe that car is a POC V3 car.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:12 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

How about letting us know when he is really selling, not just "thinking about selling".
Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

How about the next time I find information that might help out a fellow rennlister and/or Club Racer I just keep it to myself?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Whatever.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Ninetynine996
Rennlist Member

boys, boys, boys....lets stop your pettiness. the important part is that Michael Lansky is thinking of selling his GT3S (PCA Race class, not model) Boxster racecar. Where can we find more about the sale. My good friend Jack Mehoffer is very interested...many of you know Jack from Limerock.
Netmaniac keep the rumers coming and never let the little K964 twit intimadate you
Old 01-17-2005, 05:02 AM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

NetManiac,
Thanks for sharing. That looks like a serious race car and the most developed Boxster I have ever seen. I don't think it would have much of a problem winning in that class. Seems like it really pushes the boundry of the rules for GT3S somewhat with the GT3RS suspension. They make the non GTC3, non-stock 996 based water cooled cars run in GTA at 2450 lbs. while this car, being based on a boxster, gets to run at 1970 lbs. in GT3S. That's a nice advantage. Plus it's got a rear diffuser !! something not feasible in a 911 based car. If they made it run GTA, I don't think it would win, but GT3S no problemo.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:20 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a picture

and description

But thought I'd put out a feeler...racecar is a 98 Boxster based car...basically GT3(R) suspensioned..(control arms,hubs etc..)Turbo-996 brakes, 360 flywheel HP (310 rear wheel HP)fresh 3.4 motor, 6spd, motronic and much more, 1920lbs- many podiums. One of top GT3S car in PCA west (maybe nationally but who knows???)Kicked a lot of POC butt in Phoenix this last year..I have well over $100k in the car. $50k fpr the car and $15k for the 2001 triple axle TPD 24' traler (have over $35k into it)A/C-heater, built in Toolbox's and storage, Compressed air and Helium tanks far too much to list. Many racing extras included (Spare tires and wheels, scales, etc...)Great race car and in reality 1/3 the money I have in it..I just changing interest somewhat...spead the word.

Michael Lansky

lansky@dakotacom.net

More photo's at...

http://granbandido.smugmug.com/galle...286/5/11917898

PS... no affliation to the owner. I know of the car since it is an Arizona Car (from Tucson), but not much more than that.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:41 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

dont be too sure about "winning" in class. there are some frighteningly fast cars in the "West" in GT3. Now, if you specify GT3S, then you are just talking about DOTs, and most of the serious class competitors will run in the GT3R class. yes it looks like a ripper, but there are a lot of 3.4 equiped 911s in the 2200lbs range that are probably quite a bit faster. 305 at the wheels is not huge, but obviously, it will be a very fast car. Get in line, there are a bunch of the 914s that have this motor and are pretty darn fast too. (with better handling and balance)

I think GTA in the rules is specifically for the GT3RS and GT3RS types (or GT3 cars with the engine upgrades, or as you say, not fitting the GTC class) however, there are all shapes and sizes in GT2R and GT3R /S classes.

this would not be a front runner in the Nor cal area for GT3R class.
(see Gary Boss, and about 5 other cars i can think of off the top of my head in GT3 class)

what kind of times was it running at Phoenix?

It kind of reminds me of that beautiful (highway patrol theme) boxster racer at laguna PCA road and track invitational. It was very cool and decently fast, but not a front runner by any streatch. (the 3.4 sounded awesome!)

"If it ran GTA, you dont think it would win????" We all know it would get crushed in that class!!!!

MK

Originally Posted by carreracup21
NetManiac,
Thanks for sharing. That looks like a serious race car and the most developed Boxster I have ever seen. I don't think it would have much of a problem winning in that class. Seems like it really pushes the boundry of the rules for GT3S somewhat with the GT3RS suspension. They make the non GTC3, non-stock 996 based water cooled cars run in GTA at 2450 lbs. while this car, being based on a boxster, gets to run at 1970 lbs. in GT3S. That's a nice advantage. Plus it's got a rear diffuser !! something not feasible in a 911 based car. If they made it run GTA, I don't think it would win, but GT3S no problemo.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:26 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, I don't know about the rules for the GT classes. I've been spending most of my time trying to figure out and optimize my car for the stock class. What I do know is that the two PCA races (Cal. Speedway and Las Vegas) I attended which this car also attended he was a front runner. Just behind an older blue 911 (Paul something or other).

Mark: it is interesting that you think a 914 would handle better than a Boxster. Not that I have any sort of data to debate that fact. I just find it interesting because the two cars are very similar except one has 25 years worth or technology advancements.

And for those that are interested. I just talked to Michael on the phone and he is definately selling the car. He can't seem to find his login information or would have posted that info himself.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:27 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Mark,
You would agree that a GT3RS in GTA would beat any air cooled 91 /914 in GT3R class given equal drivers. Well to me, that thing looks like a GT3RS in boxster clothing. Sure it doesn't have the engine, but it only weighs 1920 lbs. !!! vs. 2500, so 360 hp goes a long way. Most of the good 3.4 liter NA engines in GT3 are running about 380 hp ( verging on detonation ), but the 935 trailing arms and geometry they use on the older 911's aint GT3RS . If the suspension bits and geometry are real GT3RS, then you are going to have a real potent combo. The rear diffuser is a nice touch as well. Did you take a look at all the pics ? It really looks well prepared to me. I'm just comparing it to what I've seen so far out here on the east coast, it looks like a potential winner in GT3S or R. IMHO.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:34 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the diffuser pic is from a different car. Here's the back end of the car in question.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Ok, I see. It still looks pretty good and at that weight it isn't giving anything away. Just ask Rick Deman what he thinks of the modern platforms vs. the old. There is something to be said for the new technology vs. what they ran in the 70's.

Quick Reply: Boxster racecar