Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to butt test Sparco Evos in NY

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004 | 05:19 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Default Looking to butt test Sparco Evos in NY

Okay, as subtle as the title is, this is what I need. I'm located in upstate NY, and I'm hoping that someone on the Rennlist is somewhat local (within 1.5 hour drive) and has a Sparco Evo that they would be willing to let me try on. I promise to wear clean clothes, and bathe prior to the testing.

The closest dealer is in Jersey, so I'm hoping for a slightly closer option.

Thanks in advance,
Jon
Old 11-17-2004 | 11:14 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jon,

I'm in downstate NY, so I can't offer you much help with an actual test (Rockland county is only a stones throw from Jersey).

Are you considering Evo or Evo2? I'm 6' 1", 190 lbs, so I bought the Evo2 for my 968. Unfortunately, the car is now wrecked, so I may be selling these seats which were brand new this summer (they're blue with black trim).

Anyway, the Evo 2 is a very good track seat and comfortable for some street driving too. If you're down this way and want to sit in the Evo 2, let me know.

Richard
Old 11-18-2004 | 12:14 AM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Richard,
Thanks for the offer. I would definitely be interested in your seats. My only concern would be the nature of the accident that they were involved in. I'm 6' and 205lb. I might be kidding myself that I can fit in the Evo, but I'm placing a premium on having a seat that keeps me secure. Test fitting the Evo2 would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be in NYC for Dec 11. If you're available, I'd be more than happy to make the trip out to Rockland County.

-Jon
Old 11-18-2004 | 02:34 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

evo 2's in rochester... pm me.
Old 11-19-2004 | 05:34 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

I should be around on 12/11. Call me if you're coming down and I can meet you over at Deman Motorsport in Nyack (where the car is). My cell#: 914 548-****, H: 845 268-****.

Richard

Last edited by richard glickel.; 11-19-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-19-2004 | 05:46 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Richard,
snagged your info. You may want to delete that, though, as it is a public forum.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 12-02-2004 | 04:52 AM
bruinbro
Pro

Richard,
I'm looking for a pair of EVO 2's. How much were you thinking and what damage (if any) was done to them?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-05-2004 | 10:48 PM
ChrisNJ
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jon Moeller
Richard,
Thanks for the offer. I would definitely be interested in your seats. My only concern would be the nature of the accident that they were involved in. I'm 6' and 205lb. I might be kidding myself that I can fit in the Evo, but I'm placing a premium on having a seat that keeps me secure. Test fitting the Evo2 would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be in NYC for Dec 11. If you're available, I'd be more than happy to make the trip out to Rockland County.

-Jon
I live fairly close to nyc, about 25 mins w/o traffic. I have evo's in my car (not porsche, but doesnt really matter here). If you still need a set to test out, I may be able to help, but I am working that night, so it would have to be early afternoon.

Secondly, I feel that I fit very snug in the seats and I'm 6' and ~170lbs, about a 31" waist. You may feel more comfortable in an evo2, but you obviously need to test fit them as you are looking to do before making a decision.

Lastly, was the dealer Mid Atlantic Trading? That is where I pick up my sparco goods from. He is very friendly to deal with there, I would suggest them for anyone looking to make a purchase.

Quick Reply: Looking to butt test Sparco Evos in NY