Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HANS vs ISAAC - Oh... that debate again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 09:25 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

It is cheap insurance - that's why I make so much noise about it, vs. fancy seats. The safety cost effectiveness upgrade (of having one vs. not) is equivalent to going from the stock 3-pt belt to 6-points - cheap and safe.

If you're looking for a front mounting point - pop out the center speaker grille, well at least in an early 944 or 924, and go right to the firewall. Not so familiar with the underlying structure in a 911, sorry.

The need for driver restraint on the left side is handled already by the window net.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Regarding the Stand21 version of the HANS, I got this email reply from Stand21 USA offices when I asked how to purchase one:

"Sorry for the confusion, but we don’t sell the Stand 21 HANS here in the States – only in Europe. To get the HANS, you have to contact them directly at 770-457-1046"

It looks as though the Stand21 improvements (wings/lips to keep the belts on the device, as shown in the picture:
http://www.fransurf.com/lareunion/st...ans-2004-2.htm
are only for HANS users in Europe.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:02 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts

All this talk about the euro HANS with the lip I wonder if it is really needed? It is such a simple improvement you would think H&D would have done it already. H&D must have data that shows that even in violent crashes with belt stretch that the HANS stays put. However, that is just one more reason I like the Isaac it is connected to the belts and can't come off.

Quick Reply: HANS vs ISAAC - Oh... that debate again!