Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 NA Air Duct Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets take aeshultz's question one step further. Will an early tray fit a late car? I found my early tray, but after looking through all our junk, no late tray. aeshultz, would you be interested in trading?

Bill
Old 08-26-2004, 11:49 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My guess that with alittl cutting it will fit. In fact had to cut the sides off of my early tray to fit with brake ducts. I have also fitted some big plastic undertray from some car to the front of my 83 autocrosser. Point is that just about any plate will fit. Stock works better since it bolts up easily, but I guess anything would be as effective.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:27 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I could trade if I had one- but I don't. The car came without just about everything! As they say,"leave only the parts that make it go."
Alan
Old 08-28-2004, 07:01 AM
FormulaOne10
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it makes any difference you probably save ~2lbs with the the later plastic reinforced tray vs. the early alum. one. Also, my alum one was bent pretty badly whereas the plastic one seemed more resilient and better functioning after years of use. Lastly, I second the suggestion on the radiator. My NA always heated up way too much on the track (didn't boil over but it was close)...I ended up replacing the water pump, thermostat, coolant, hoses, etc. (everything but the radiator) and I still had the problem. In my S the temperature is always right in the middle of the gauge on anything but a really hot track day.

Quick Reply: 944 NA Air Duct Options