Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock - Hitching Post or Sharon Motor Lodge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 02:07 PM
s2steve
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lime Rock - Hitching Post or Sharon Motor Lodge?

I'm trying to find a reasonable room for one night. Called some places this morning and got the following:

Hitching Post - $95
Sharon Motor - $125

Interlaken - $199
Iron Masters - $165
Wake Robin - $149

Has anyone stayed at both the Hitching Post and the Sharon for a comparison? Are either of them OK enough for just a nights sleep? Just looking for something clean and decent.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:23 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Does that crazy German woman still run the Sharon?

I made reserves there years ago and came in late. She was in bed. I stood outside banging on the door, yelling and throwing pebbles at the window... I felt like an a**hole, but I wasn;t going to sleep in the car.

Finally she pops her head out the window and tells me to be quiet and go away. I finally convince her that I had a reservation, but she already gave my room away. Finally she put me up in some little back room that looked like a spare bedroom.

It reminded me of a German Youth Hostel. It wasn't a "bad" experience....just bizzare... kind of funny now.

I stay at Interlacken... its a bit pricey, but check, cause I think they have group rates for PCA. Also its about 10 minutes from the track, and they have a bar and restaurant... there's almost nothing in Sharon.... you almost have to go to New York to fine a decent cheap restaurant.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:07 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

FWIW, Just stayed @ the Hitching Post......for the second time this year. Decent enough, hot shower, cable, good bed, I'm sleeping! Up & out the next day. Close, appx 7 mile nice ride by the river too.
Country/General store a block away.
Bill
Old 08-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharon Motor Lodge is where I regularly stay.
-Z-man.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 568 Posts

We've been staying in Great Barrington - can't remember the name of the place. It's right next to the Barn Brewery (correct name?). It's great for food, fuel, and a decent room.

Matt
Old 08-24-2004, 12:30 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was up there for the Lime Rock Pro miata race earlier this year and found a really charming historic country inn ($250/night) called Troutbeck. Very beautiful, lots of weddings. etc... But if you're taking your wife/girlfriend it's the ticket! Right outside Sharon.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:01 AM
gmarken
3rd Gear

What used to be the bargain hotel wass the Willows in Amenia. I was only paying $35.00 a night . Small room, no AC but clean. 15 miles from the track. Unfortunately there are new owners, but I think the rooms are still only around $50.00. The now have AC.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:13 AM
j_leder
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I stayed at the Willows in April beds and pillows covered in stiff plastic. Not worth the $$.
Went back to Sharon Motor Lodge. Now owned by very nice oriental lady. Better room, shower and close to Texaco and dinner.Very reasonable. Then next up in price is Iron Masters very nice but a bit more pricey....
Old 08-26-2004, 09:16 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s2steve
I'm trying to find a reasonable room for one night. Called some places this morning and got the following:

Hitching Post - $95
Sharon Motor - $125

Interlaken - $199
Iron Masters - $165
Wake Robin - $149

Has anyone stayed at both the Hitching Post and the Sharon for a comparison? Are either of them OK enough for just a nights sleep? Just looking for something clean and decent.

Thanks for the input.
Odd...I'm staying at the Ironmasters for the NCR DE on Sept 9. and its $95. Was $105, but when I mentioned I was there for a Porsche track event
they knocked $10 off. I booked the room about a month ago, is there a big event in town when your going, or I am I really that much more charming over the phone than you ?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:22 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2steve

Hitching Post - $95
Sharon Motor - $125

Interlaken - $199
Iron Masters - $165
Wake Robin - $149

Thanks for the input.
Good luck whatever you decide.. I usually want only 1 room for 1 night and get hit with the "its the season... I'll have to charge you for 2 nights, even if you're only staying for one"... With logic like that, I tend to just "suck up" the 2 hour ride and commute instead
Old 08-26-2004, 09:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
We've been staying in Great Barrington - can't remember the name of the place. It's right next to the Barn Brewery (correct name?). It's great for food, fuel, and a decent room.
Matt
I just booked the Holiday Inn Express in Great Barrington,
Booked online for $72/night. I've stayed there before, nice place, about 40 minutes from the track.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Tim
Racer

"With logic like that, I tend to just "suck up" the 2 hour ride and commute instead"

Yeap thats what I do many times

The Sharon is a dump @ $125

you should get a massage and happy ending for for what the Interlaken want LOL
Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 PM
j_leder
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I've paid $90 @Sharon.
Iron Masters is nicer Only a little more.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 568 Posts

The good bar is across from the Holiday Inn Express. So not only will you get a good meal and beer, but you'll be smarter for it!

Matt
Old 08-26-2004, 10:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was told by the Holiday Inn that you can park your trailer across the street in the bar/brewery parking lot if you're staying in the hotel, as their parking lot is a bit small.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock - Hitching Post or Sharon Motor Lodge?