NBC/USA Indy Car Coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 11:10 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

Location: Formerly the DPRK, now seeking political asylum in Oregon
Received 500 Likes on 308 Posts
Default NBC/USA Indy Car Coverage?

Was anyone else looking forward to the Laguna race today?
I'd have to guess that it was shifted to Peacock, so the USA network could continue their coverage of a rain delay NASCAR race.
God knows how long it'd been stalled. I tuned in at 3 expecting Laguna, but it was after 5 before Billy-Bob could get it wrapped up. I flicked through a couple of times, hoping....
It was so boring that fans in the stands had already left.
Nice work, NBC.
Still pissed.
Old 06-23-2024, 11:25 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,791 Posts

It was good on Peacock. Hell of a race!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-24-2024, 01:17 AM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

Now I'm really pissed....
Old 06-24-2024, 09:40 AM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 248 Posts

For aa race fan, Peacock really is worth it IMHO... not only do the cover IMSA and Indycar, but all of the support series too (Carrera cup, supertrofeo, indy nxt. Etc). And they give top notch coverage to them all.

Last edited by jscott82; 06-24-2024 at 12:22 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by jscott82:
Frank 993 C4S (06-24-2024), j_leder (06-24-2024), ProCoach (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 11:33 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,791 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
For aa race fan, Peacock really is worth it IMHO... not only do the cover IMSA and Indycar, but all of the support series too (Carrera cup, supertrofeo, indy nxt. Etc). And they give top notch coverage to them too.
Yep. It's the only service besides F1 Live I have stuck with over the years. Yesterday, switched between IMSA 6 Hours at The Glen and IndyCar. Seamless.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:53 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts

Indy Car coverage is no longer available in Canada … it also seems that Peacock is only available in the US for now.
Too bad , it was always entertaining to watch , it’s bad enough that Indy Car gets none or very limited news coverage even during the weekend of the Molson Indy in Toronto , they will consequently lose a lot of Canadian followers.
Oh well …

Cheers
Phil
Old 06-24-2024, 01:00 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,738 Likes on 877 Posts

Yeah the rain delay from NASCAR was frustrating. I watched the first 20 minutes of Indy car then set it up to tape on CNBC where it was playing even though it said shark tank. I thought I had enough shark tank's taped! But I missed the last 10 laps! So caught the highlight real....

Watched the F1 races this week and it was entertaining. However I'll be as bold to say that Indy Car on road tracks is probably more entertaining than F1 these days. Even though it's no longer just the F1 Max Show, and there were actually a lot of various tire strategies going on this past F1 weekend, Indy Car pit strategies, tire strategies, and fuel strategies add significantly to the excitement and the intrigue. Generally it seems like an F1 everyone has pretty much the same set of strategies. So usually everyone is on the same tire, pitting on the same lap, or close to it. While in Indy Car, seems like everyone is doing a different set of strategies and a lot more frequently.

I'm probably stating the obvious to a lot of people! But I'm watching more Indy car this year than in the past, and it's really standing out.
The following users liked this post:
Carrera51 (06-25-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 01:04 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

I have been able to watch F1 on ESPN (which is part of my Verizon package). Exceptions being a few USA races which ABC picks up.
I watched the Indy race at Road America on NBC, so broadcast coverage must vary.

Fun to watch Indy road races!! Cars are way more durable. They can to bang into each other and have mild misadventures without exploding into a cloud of carbon fiber dust.
Ksdaoski (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 01:23 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 565 Posts

If a friend of mine hadn't told me it was on CNBC I would have missed it as well. I knew we were trouble when the Loudon race went live again, but must admit that was fun to watch with rain tires on an OVAL! Can't wait for Fox next year...
Old 06-24-2024, 02:16 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

Wet oval was entertaining for a bit (5 minutes?), but the constant spins followed by long yellows made it boring.
Saw more pace car than racing.

I thought we'd moved on from that old bullsh*t ABC coverage.
"This is the most exciting baseball game ever! 20 innings and it's still tied 1-1! If there's any remaining time, we'll join that race after we wrap this up."

I scanned the NBC affiliate channels, but seems like my Hulu doesn't carry CNBC. And adding another subscription just rubs me the wrong way...
Exception might be F1 TV next year. I'd like to see the Supercup races, and losing Croft might be worth the price of admission right there.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:53 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
For aa race fan, Peacock really is worth it IMHO... not only do the cover IMSA and Indycar, but all of the support series too (Carrera cup, supertrofeo, indy nxt. Etc). And they give top notch coverage to them all.
As a motorsport fan, Peacock is worth it. I disagree however that it is top notch coverage. F1TV is top notch coverage. The bar has been raised. Ad breaks during a race, on a service where I pay extra for no advertisements, is rubbish IMHO...
Old 06-24-2024, 03:27 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,738 Likes on 877 Posts

I also have stopped watching F1 on ESPN and Sky Sports this year. I take that back I had it on for 10 minutes Sunday morning as I was still flipping back between the news and the pre-race before swapping to the F1 app. I like David Coulthard and the crew. Ruth Buscombe, former Head of Race Strategy at Kick Sauber team, started out a little rough but the last two weeks she's been very impressive with her knowledge. Throw in the ability to watch the races and qualifying at any time and it's a no-brainer versus ESPN Sky Sports.
ProCoach (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 04:01 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 565 Posts

I go back and forth between F1 TV and the ESPN feed as many times when streaming F1 TV the sound is fine but the image is choppy and keeps stopping, which drives me nuts. It does that on both my phone (for mirroring) and my computer.
As for the Sky coverage, I really like Ant's input and I wish they'd use him in the booth more instead of just at the sky pad, or whatever they call it.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:01 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
when streaming F1 TV the sound is fine but the image is choppy and keeps stopping, which drives me nuts. It does that on both my phone (for mirroring) and my computer.
I have zero issues with F1TV on my phone (s), computer (s) or streaming via app on my home theater. You might have an issue with internet bandwidth from your provider or home hardware. Just letting you know that it should not be that way and F1TV itself is not the issue. In fact, I am often streaming 4 F1 feeds at once in my home with zero issues...
Ksdaoski (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 10:14 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 419 Posts

I only wish Peacock would offer a $10 a month plan that allowed me to skip through commercials during race coverage.

Quick Reply: NBC/USA Indy Car Coverage?