Sponsored by:

Pyrometer chart?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:16 PM
mccullough
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pyrometer chart?

Anyone have a form to record tire pressures & pyrometer readings in PDF, XML, or DOC format (or a Palm program) they would like to share? No sense in reinventing the wheel.

--- Tom
Old 06-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Longacre has a pad of 50 for about $9.95
Old 06-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes!! I know we spend money on this sport, but sometime we need to question the cost. let's see, plus tax and shipping, you are paying an outrageous price. Would you buy Excellence for $40 per copy and it does not have the same thing on each page? Get yourself a spiral notebook and record the data -- ambient temp, track temp, conditions, cold pressure, hot pressure, tire temps (three temps across the tire) each tire. You probably want your suspension settings, so you can evaluate the affect of a change. Transfer the data to your database or your excel spread sheet back at the hotel room. I probably left something out.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:41 PM
RTP356
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an Excel file I use for recording lap times, set-up info as well as tire temps and pressures. I tried to upload it with a reply but the site will not allow me to upload that type of file. If you can tell me how to get it to you I will forward it.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad to share mine & will be glad to email anyone the MS Word file if they want; I take this data and put it into an Excel file that I'm using to build baseline information so that I can setup the car easier at the track.
I'm hoping that others will share as well so that we can all learn from what eachother is doing.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Pyrometer chart?