Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xtreme Xperience advice

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 82 Posts

I was a paid "Coach" with XX for a weekend at Dominion Raceway back in 2018. Nobody who is into HPDE or trackdays should be thinking this is that. XX is really an "experience" based entertainment model geared towards motorsport culture "fans". It's not a motorsports competitive driver experience, at all. When I worked with them, it was an outlap, 1 hot lap, and 1 cool-down lap. And anybody who was chatting with the coaches about their trackday experience was def. getting a side-eye and being sent to the rear of the pack. You're hopping in a car you're likely not qualified to push at 6/10ths cold and for 3 laps (the general YOU, not you specifically), so of course you're not going to be able to hit "full send" mode or manual clutch mode.

Not a knock against XX. It's an amusement park ride and a "dream come true" for most people who would otherwise never be able to experience their dream car. But it's not motorsports driving.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; Yesterday at 11:20 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,779 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
I was a paid "Coach" with XX for a weekend at Dominion Raceway back in 2018. Nobody who is into HPDE or trackdays should be thinking this is that. XX is really an "experience" based entertainment model geared towards motorsport culture "fans". It's not a motorsports competitive driver experience, at all. When I worked with them, it was an outlap, 1 hot lap, and 1 cool-down lap. And anybody who was chatting with the coaches about their trackday experience was def. getting a side-eye and being sent to the rear of the pack. You're hopping in a car you're likely not qualified to push at 6/10ths cold and for 3 laps (the general YOU, not you specifically), so of course you're not going to be able to hit "full send" mode or manual clutch mode.

Not a knock against XX. It's an amusement park ride and a "dream come true" for most people who would otherwise never be able to experience their dream car. But it's not motorsports driving.

Mike
100%

Quick Reply: Xtreme Xperience advice