Sponsored by:

WTB: GT4 Clubsport

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 09:37 AM
Kevin Fennell
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WTB: GT4 Clubsport

How does someone get tied into the network of Clubsports for sale. I suspect that there are more available that don't come up publicly listed, so if you know of one let me know! Looking for one that preferably has the desirable upgrades for WRL (large tank, adjustable shocks) but beyond that open to anything.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:53 AM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Talk to Karl, let him know what you want. https://www.facebook.com/porschecups
Old 12-01-2021, 09:59 AM
Kevin Fennell
Instructor

Thanks, sent him an E-Mail. I wish it was easier to get one here in the US. Also if you need a shop to help you with your radical I am about to open up in Kyle or San Marcos, focusing on supporting road race cars.
The following users liked this post:
okie981 (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 10:19 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,348 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Kevin, so glad to hear you headed in this direction! You’ll love it and find it a very satisfying track weapon.

You could reach out to Karl or Q&A for an overseas example, but many of the folks I work with have been very pleased with Geoff Isringhausen here in the States. Yes, the entry cost may be a little higher but the easier logistics and the domestic history provides the best value and is worth it for them.

Please give him my regards when you call: PM me if needed for his contact information.

Last edited by ProCoach; 12-01-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:27 AM
Kevin Fennell
Instructor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Kevin, so glad to hear you headed in this direction! You’ll love it and find it a very satisfying track weapon.

You could reach out to Karl or Q&A for an overseas example, but many of the folks I work with have been very pleased with Geoff Isringhausen here in the States. Yes, the entry cost may be a little higher but the easier logistics and the domestic history provides the best value and is worth it for them.

Please give him my regards when you call: PM me if needed for his contact information.
Thanks, unfortunately its for a customer not for myself, I am stuck in the Lotus world with two big time attack cars (one that would have gone WRL if they didnt change the rules!!!) PM coming up.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:22 AM
pewpewpew3000
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Fennell
Thanks, unfortunately its for a customer not for myself, I am stuck in the Lotus world with two big time attack cars (one that would have gone WRL if they didnt change the rules!!!) PM coming up.
Not sure if you're aware but WRL is adding a new class for lightweight GTO cars called GTU. Your Lotus can still race!
Old 12-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Kevin Fennell
Instructor

I hope that the GTU rules allow for it to be competitive against the RCX's and NPO1. I believe that the NP01 will always be faster then my car unless they get a non production penalty and it will be tricky to make my car more reliable then they are...
Old 12-07-2021, 10:48 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,348 Likes on 1,901 Posts

As we all know, in endurance racing, especially competitive pace endurance racing, reliability is key and will often trump outright pace.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following 2 users liked this post by ProCoach:
Seth Thomas (12-07-2021), zmon (12-13-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 08:58 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 839 Likes on 423 Posts

There were only 420 total 981 GT4 Clubsports, and something like <100 MRs. PMNA did sell a conversion kit to turn a normal Clubsport into a MR, but it ain’t cheap. The one thing you absolutely have to have for endurance racing is the 100l cell.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:19 PM
draculabus
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2016 GT4 MR that is now available. It's been maintained by Tigh Issac at Zelus Motorsports since I've owned it. Prior owners ran out of Air Power and Makes and Models. It's well sorted and quick. Available accessories include two sets of standard wheels, one set of Manthey BBS wheels, Chillout system (new 2021), Motorola Radio (New 2021), Rugged Radios intercom system (new 2021), Vbox (new 2021), all standard wheels have Porsche TPMS, Manthey wheels have IZZE Racing TPMS (one set) with internal and external tire temp sensors integrated into Motec and Vbox, SmartyCam for rear video coverage, Passenger Recaro seat.

Car is located in Salt Lake City and is available for inspection.

DM me and we can discuss price and accessories.

Thanks

Tom
Old 12-12-2021, 09:26 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by draculabus
I have a 2016 GT4 MR that is now available. It's been maintained by Tigh Issac at Zelus Motorsports since I've owned it. Prior owners ran out of Air Power and Makes and Models. It's well sorted and quick. Available accessories include two sets of standard wheels, one set of Manthey BBS wheels, Chillout system (new 2021), Motorola Radio (New 2021), Rugged Radios intercom system (new 2021), Vbox (new 2021), all standard wheels have Porsche TPMS, Manthey wheels have IZZE Racing TPMS (one set) with internal and external tire temp sensors integrated into Motec and Vbox, SmartyCam for rear video coverage, Passenger Recaro seat.

Thanks

Tom
You part out anything I might be interested in some things.
The following users liked this post:
draculabus (12-12-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 09:21 AM
mullaneyrx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by draculabus

Thanks

Tom
Tom,

I think I sent you a DM (I'm fairly new to Rennlist), but I'm looking for a GT4 Clubsport as I want to stop tracking my 997 Turbo. Please reach out or let me know the best way to contact you.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 12-14-2021, 05:40 PM
draculabus
5th Gear

DMs replied to the two folks who messaged me.

Quick Reply: WTB: GT4 Clubsport