Sponsored by:

New MotorTrend TV Series - "The Drive Within" Featuring Some Rennlist Members

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 07:26 PM
MoD
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wake74
One of my instructors, Carter, from the Lucas Oil Race School this weekend said he's also featured in Episode 3. Looking forward to watching it.
Carter is a rockstar. He is featured in episode 4 (December 10th), his episode is crazy and full of fun/drama too. For everyone else let me look into why there is issues finding this outside of the TV network itself. Ill ask and report back! Thanks for all the support!
Old 11-17-2021, 07:09 PM
txbdan
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Can anyone confirm this is on the Motortrend app? I'll subscribe to just to check it out.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:17 PM
MoD
Instructor

Originally Posted by wake74
One of my instructors, Carter, from the Lucas Oil Race School this weekend said he's also featured in Episode 3. Looking forward to watching it.
Originally Posted by txbdan
Can anyone confirm this is on the Motortrend app? I'll subscribe to just to check it out.
I believe it is only on the motortrend cable channel but if you have Philo or Youtube TV its something you can access. Once the run is over on Motortrend's channel this year then it will go to Hagerty's streaming service and I believe Discovery Channel next year as well.
Old 11-19-2021, 10:58 PM
chartersb
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Great series. If you want a true look at amateur racing, albeit well funded amateur racing this is it. Am racers trying hard, working hard, having fun, making mistakes, having succeses and disappointments over 3 days and excited to go do it again.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:38 PM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,420 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Bump - love this show. I DVR'd it and am almost caught up. It is a pretty good production, and I am buying into the team - the show is making a good connection with the people. I do hope one of you guys wins the championship (no spoilers please ). Your wall hit was bad, damn.
The following users liked this post:
daaa nope (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 12:29 PM
MoD
Instructor

Originally Posted by linderpat
Bump - love this show. I DVR'd it and am almost caught up. It is a pretty good production, and I am buying into the team - the show is making a good connection with the people. I do hope one of you guys wins the championship (no spoilers please ). Your wall hit was bad, damn.
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot. We had a lot of fun shooting it and the last episode actually will be a later date episode in February. Motortrend and Hagerty could not get the scheduling sorted with the last race being in December (turn around time for the episode would have been tough with the current airing schedule). I can tell you COTA (last race and last episode) was EPIC! The show was created by Ben Wood who is responsible for so many cool shows like Monster Garage, Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men etc. Him and the entire film crew/Motortrend crew were so awesome! We are all hoping that we can have another season but the show is technically owned by Hagerty and shot by Motortrend so we are waiting to see if the powers that be will let us keep the show going. I think as each episode went on they got better as the crew got to know us better and got to understand how the drama unfolds in racing better. It will soon be on all the streaming device as well so once that happens hopefully we pick up more traction.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:27 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just found the show this week and have really enjoyed it. It's well produced and a great look into endurance racing and how it differs from sprints.

What happened to the *** hat who hit you at Road Atlanta? I could not believe he basically admitted hitting you out of retaliation! I think it said he was placed on probation but he should have been suspended with that attitude.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:03 AM
Joey996
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Great series. One of my favorites. I hope they do a season 2.

Joey
Old 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Now available to stream:
https://www.hagerty.com/media/series/drive-within/
Old 01-22-2022, 10:13 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by M_Weining
Thank you, very much - looking forward to watching this.
The following users liked this post:
M_Weining (01-22-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 12:30 PM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,420 Likes on 1,312 Posts

awesome; wonder when it will hit the TV.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:23 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by linderpat
awesome; wonder when it will hit the TV.
Episodes 1-4 aired on TV: Friday evenings in Nov & Dec on MotorTrend TV

Last edited by M_Weining; 01-25-2022 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:01 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't done much work today, having just binge-watched all 6 episodes! This was fantastic, what a great story, well produced/edited - I felt like I was there sharing the roller coaster of a season alongside the R3R team. Can't wait for the COTA episode - we need more of this!
Old 01-27-2022, 04:29 PM
txbdan
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

One episode in, this is great! Really cool to see some strong women representing. My wife likes racing karts, has done some autox, and is just teetering on the fence about doing track stuff. She enjoyed the ep, too. Every role model she sees gives her that much more confidence to try and go for it.

It's also a nice reminder that not all of us on the forums are a bunch of waxers. People who competitively race should get some kind of icon so we can listen to them instead of the bench racers. :-D

Looking forward to the rest!
Old 01-27-2022, 11:55 PM
MoD
Instructor

Thanks for the kind words everyone. When we were approached about the show happening, many of us had apprehensions about how the show would actually portray the racing, the realities of what happens at a track weekend (without it feeling too reality tv show like), and so much more. The crew led by Ben Wood who has been a part of automotive shows for so long, everyone at Motortrend and Hagerty worked really hard on being able to take 3 days of racing and footage and still tell the story in 44 mins. We were all so happy with the result.

For those of you who have mentioned the women, I’m so happy their success was showcased so well. Having been a teammate to Loni, Sarah, Shea, and Hannah for a few years now, I can tell you they are all the real deal, all work their butts off to be the best racing drivers they can be and they are also very fast!

Episode 7 about COTA airs on Feb 4th and I can tell you some of you will make fun of me after this one bc I was a little excited and emotional! There’s also a little bit of cowboy in me there (did a little throwback to Daniel Riccardo)!

Thanks again for all the support!

Quick Reply: New MotorTrend TV Series - "The Drive Within" Featuring Some Rennlist Members