Sponsored by:

Live stream the race ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021 | 01:43 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Arrghh!

That's why I use the videoguys prepaid plan. Two modems (ATT and Verizon), unlimited, unthrottled data, month by month or year in advance with bonding (LRT) included.

Works PERFECT with the LiveU Solo HDMI and the VBOX.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-06-2021 | 01:51 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If you are streaming through Verizon, or have a cell phone in general, Eric Kaul is the guy to talk to. He does the sims for Autosport Labs and specializes in Motorsports and business cell phone service. He knows all the data, speed, etc limits, when things get throttled, and the details of all the different plans. He saved me $100 a month on my cell phone and I have unlimited data and hot spot. Email him at erickaul@verizoncanton.com. He's honest and if he can't do anything, he will tell you.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff951NJ (06-07-2021)
Old 06-06-2021 | 01:58 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Agreed. Eric Kaul is very good. He's helped with every AutoSport Labs RCP and Podium Connect I've sold!

Data is nothing compared to HD video, though. The prepaid plans I've cited are multi-carrier, redundant and offer bonding, which increases throughput, reliability and quality.
Old 06-08-2021 | 06:48 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Anyone familiar with the 'Blackmagic web presenter" encoder?
Blackmagic Web Presenter

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...icwebpresenter

It appears to have a 12v input and is 1/2-1/3 the price of the LiveU Solo.

Old 06-08-2021 | 09:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dbbarron
Anyone familiar with the 'Blackmagic web presenter" encoder?
Blackmagic Web Presenter

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...icwebpresenter

It appears to have a 12v input and is 1/2-1/3 the price of the LiveU Solo.
Yep, half the LiveU Solo cost, $200 less than the Cerevo.

Designed for a static installation, looks too flimsy for mobile work. Plus, the SDI input is a showstopper for using it with any camera or data system I’m likely to put in a car.

Like inexpensive app-based data systems, I think some people view assembling a steaming solution as a collection of parts to assemble, rather than a package start to finish.

Sure, it may work, but it’s not an integrated solution, and it’s idea of redundancy is Ethernet along with a cell phone.

No HDMI input? No thanks…

Last edited by ProCoach; 06-08-2021 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2021 | 09:17 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Agreed. Eric Kaul is very good. He's helped with every AutoSport Labs RCP and Podium Connect I've sold!

Data is nothing compared to HD video, though. The prepaid plans I've cited are multi-carrier, redundant and offer bonding, which increases throughput, reliability and quality.
Just saw Eric is doing all the Candelara sims too. James is putting together a nice product and working hard on it. He has major inroads going and is the club level system of choice right now. Professional teams are still doing professional things.
Old 06-08-2021 | 09:30 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Most all of the leading WRL teams (ACI, Tangerine ACP and W2W) a fair number of AER teams, most PCA Club Racing teams (Goldcrest, Callas RennSport) and even a few One Lap of America teams (52 Motorsports, among them) who are live steaming are using Cerevo, Teradek and now LiveU encoders and commercial grade municipal and EMS cell modems.

The “pro level” combination of the LiveU and the two USB modems is $550 less than Candaleria’s “club”system. Only advantage is inclusion of timing info on the feed. You need to do more actual hands on rather than simple web crawls…

I have been watching the development by watching the feeds and the “pro” solutions are more reliable, take less effort to set up and are much easier to use.

Last edited by ProCoach; 06-08-2021 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2021 | 09:55 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Most all of the leading WRL teams (ACI, Tangerine ACP and W2W) a fair number of AER teams, most PCA Club Racing teams (Goldcrest, Callas RennSport) and even a few One Lap of America teams (52 Motorsports, among them) who are live steaming are using Cerevo, Teradek and now LiveU encoders and commercial grade municipal and EMS cell modems.

The “pro level” combination of the LiveU and the two USB modems is $550 less than Candaleria’s “club”system. Only advantage is inclusion of timing info on the feed. You need to do more actual hands on rather than simple web crawls…

I have been watching the development by watching the feeds and the “pro” solutions are more reliable, take less effort to set up and are much easier to use.
Glad to see you still feel the need to attack. I've talked with James on and off since before he released this and been around it a bunch at different levels. I've also been around the vBox systems that are in the TA series, the folks doing it, and the large volume vBox dealers that are doing a lot of that work Because I don't sell it doesn't mean I'm not aware of it or what is going on
Old 06-08-2021 | 10:03 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Glad to see you still feel the need to attack. I've talked with James on and off since before he released this and been around it a bunch at different levels. I've also been around the vBox systems that are in the TA series, the folks doing it, and the large volume vBox dealers that are doing a lot of that work Because I don't sell it doesn't mean I'm not aware of it or what is going on
Old 06-08-2021 | 11:00 PM
The_Maniac
5th Gear

It looks like I actually still have a Rennlist account after all. Just wanted to jump in here and make a couple of points. The Sentinel Video System is actually extremely easy to use, and includes everything you need in a single package. Cameras (2 in the base system with a third optional), LTE modem, antenna, cables, etc. The only thing you need to provide is a provisioned data plan and camera mounts (1/4-20 NPT, we recommend RAM mounts). The entire system is controlled via the cloud, and is likely the easiest to use on the market today, especially with the addition of the one-click YouTube live event creation button we released over the weekend.

If you already have a bonded LTE data solution, you can use that with Sentinel as well. A few customers do that today. In addition to all of that the price point is far below any other multicamera system I've seen out there today.

As for reliability, the modem that ships with Sentinel is only a single connection BUT as I said feel free to bring your own.

Feel free to reach out to me directly via email anytime if you have questions. I'm not a regular on Rennlist but I will check in on this thread.

James
james@candelaria.us
Matt Romanowski (06-08-2021)
Old 06-09-2021 | 01:35 PM
Topher06
Rennlist Member

+1 for the Sentinel system. Setup is straightforward. Streaming quality is very good. Customer service is superb.
Here is the feed from the PCA race at WGI last weekend:

Cheers,

Topher
Old 06-09-2021 | 01:49 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Topher06
+1 for the Sentinel system. Setup is straightforward. Streaming quality is very good. Customer service is superb.
Here is the feed from the PCA race at WGI last weekend:
Video is set to private.

I know the support must be good when James sets up a command center to monitor busy weekends and make sure everything is working correctly for everyone.
Old 06-12-2021 | 04:46 PM
Topher06
Rennlist Member

Dang Youtube is blocking the livestreams for violating their 'scams and deceptive practices' policy. James is looking into the issue.
Old 06-12-2021 | 04:59 PM
The_Maniac
5th Gear

I am indeed. It's possible our API integration didnt fill out a field they wanted. I've pushed updated code to the config interface. We will see what the story is shortly.

Beyond that we have some other pretty cool stuff coming.

Thanks,

James
Old 07-05-2021 | 02:38 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

I've been busy and have prototyped the depicted system:

Essentially,

I am using a Raspberry Pi to read the HDMI CamLink input card from an HDMI camera. I'm currently using a GoPro, but I am going to replace it with a small broadcast quality POV camera that should be more reliable (and require no button presses to turn on and output 720p video over HDMI). There is an Aida HD100 I am looking at.​

The Pi is programmed with a shell script​​​​​​ to use FFMPEG to convert the incoming camera stream to a YouTube Live stream at 720x640/30fps which is a good compromise between quality and bandwidth needed and the compute power of the Pi. If I could rely on more bandwidth, I could stream at 720p/30.

A PepWare BR1 provides internet connectivity via Verizon.

So far, it is working well in test and requires literally zero keypresses or switching from power on.

Over the next few weeks we have some practice sessions and a Champ car race that we will test this in.
I will post video then. The nice part about YouTube is it stores the stream, so that may be my recording platform of choice (but likely not reliable enough).

DB
ProCoach (07-05-2021)

Quick Reply: Live stream the race ?