Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:59 PM
hrk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Bob, Mike, Tim, Brian, Doug, Hank For good race.

Looked good from 10A, I'll see if any of the photos worked out.
I was picknicking there and saw at least some of you later too.

hr-k
Old 04-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Being a Rookie for the weekend I must say that the race exceeded all of my expectations. There are too many highlights to discuss but, I ran my fastest lap ever during qualifying (1:49.5) and beat that during the race (1:48.7).

I would like to thank Steve Cosgrove of Performance Imports for solving my fuel mixture issue in time for me to qualify and to complete the sprint race. Without Steves help my weekend would have ended Saturday morning.

Congrats to all of the other Rookies...we had a great weekend.

Old 04-05-2004, 10:35 PM
84-944
Instructor

Hey Tim, I'm still wearing that big grin from the great race. 3rd place in my 3rd race! I'm getting closer and it's only a matter of time. 1:47.2 on Saturday on Hoosier SO3's and a blistering 1:46.2 on Sunday during the race on SO4's! Unheard of times! I figured we were reaching "critical mass" at about 1:47.00 where your hair catches on fire, your brain melts down and compasses start spinning uncontrolably, guess not.....

Regardless, the new Hoosiers are worth at least 1-2 seconds, it was unbelievable, I could drive anywhere on the track I wanted at anytime, (Kinda like snow skiing on shaped skiis, makes everyone an expert) thanks Hoosier and Bob Woodman for bringing a tractor trailer full of tires with him, at dinner on Saturday he told me he was going home empty.

Great Job to Kerry for winning with a time soooo fast, I won't even type it until I can drive it, and to all the rookies and regulars.

I'll be back in a few....gotta go watch my tape again.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats Tim and Brian on a great race! Also to Kerry and the rest of the IPC crew!

Still working on photos, but here's one for now, from the official start of the feature race (Group 4)

Old 04-05-2004, 11:45 PM
IPC
Instructor

Talking

1:44.99 Here, kitty kitty kitty Great time had by all. Jon did a great job winning "H" class, Serves them right. Still think what they did was B.S. Brian, great job too, 46's very fast. I don't know how much more I can raise the bar. You guy's are trying to kill me. I am just going to take the brake pedal out and ziptie the gas down and hang on for dear life. Till next time!!!

Kerry
Old 04-05-2004, 11:45 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

that 914 was fast in the esses and 6. real fast, my guess would be the fastest outa all the cars there in the esses
Old 04-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Robert W. Bausum Jr.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by IPC
1:44.99 Here, kitty kitty kitty Great time had by all.
How embarrassing ! I don't mind you I class guys getting close; but this is down right wrong.

Jon did a great job winning "H" class, Serves them right. Still think what they did was B.S.
Nasa has reported that their old targeting systems picked up a large H circling the track at Road Atlanta this Sunday. They moved to the new equipment to detect it was running 2 degrees of neg camber.

Brian, great job too, 46's very fast. I don't know how much more I can raise the bar. You guy's are trying to kill me. I am just going to take the brake pedal out and ziptie the gas down and hang on for dear life. Till next time!!!
Hey Brain, Can I have your CAM?
Kerry, you may want to think about adding a parachute!

BTW, Does anyone have a copy of the registration form for Barber? The one on their site is broken and I don't want to miss it!

Cheers,
Bob
Old 04-06-2004, 04:37 AM
cheater
Track Day

kerry thanks great job raised the bar again. for next race I will change my -2 camber back to -2 camber so im not cheating so bad. bob a helicopter tried landing on me in turn 7 but realized the landing strip was moving. brian unbelievable great job fast hope to see you guys at barber it will be fun and I may change my car back to a stock class. PS I think that I was the first in history to be DQ for that everyone else was just a warning and thanks to the was scrut that came over and thanked me for a enjoyable race and to the other scruts that were involved in that BS .....well you know
Old 04-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts

Bob - regarding the Barber app, it is working now. You may need to refresh the page where the link is located, or close and re-open your browser, in order to get the new link to the good app.

John - I need to watch my video again, but I gridded about 1/2 way back and I think you passed me in about the 3rd lap! You were flying!!! Great job in the race, and for taking first place in "H"
Old 04-06-2004, 08:50 AM
cheater
Track Day

jack thanks you didnt make it easy good race.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:55 AM
84-944
Instructor

Early A.M. as the IPC Stable gets ready to rumble to life......
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2004, 10:08 AM
84-944
Instructor

Group 4 Gridding, I, H, G, GT5S, GT5R.
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2004, 09:45 PM
chump
Track Day

Originally posted by cheater
kerry thanks great job raised the bar again. for next race I will change my -2 camber back to -2 camber so im not cheating so bad. bob a helicopter tried landing on me in turn 7 but realized the landing strip was moving. brian unbelievable great job fast hope to see you guys at barber it will be fun and I may change my car back to a stock class. PS I think that I was the first in history to be DQ for that everyone else was just a warning and thanks to the was scrut that came over and thanked me for a enjoyable race and to the other scruts that were involved in that BS .....well you know
what was the deal? What did you get Dq'd on?

Never got that story before I left.

Great job to everyone involved....

Jason
Old 04-06-2004, 10:46 PM
cheater
Track Day

the alignment shop got lazy and adjusted my camber as requested to -2 (legal) the problem is the camber plate should be at the center and the adjustment from the bottom they adjusted the top. this is to avoid excessive camber they had a camber measuring tool at the track and any body can see that i wasnt near illigal.so they DQ ed me for cheating and had me race in H class prepared even though they knew my car was legal they looked at it for a hour and found nothing Sh#t happens
Old 04-06-2004, 10:56 PM
IPC
Instructor

Jon had the car aligned at Butler tire, I think. He told them to pin the camber plates and they did, just not in the center. Plates must be centered. He only had -2 deg camber so he had no advantage, but because they were not centered they moved him to a prepared class, "H". Bull Sh#t if you ask me. I am just glad he came from the rear and won, kinda backfired on the scruts. I asked them to leave Jon in "I" but it did not matter to them. They moved him anyway. SCCA looking better every day

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta Club Race