Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iRacing first night trouble. Brake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020 | 07:23 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Default iRacing first night trouble. Brake?

I downloaded and installed iRacing. I got to "Test" with a car and a track, but my brake is stuck on. Can anyone help so I can try my first test.

I bought a Thrustmaster T150 just so I could test my setup prior to building my full rig. I installed the PC driver, have the wheel set to PS3, can get good indications when setting up everything, but when I click "Test" I still have a brake on even though I am not depressing the brake. Is there some other button I need to press to start and release the brake? I hold "esc" to exit the pits and it changes the view but not the brake.

Old 12-13-2020 | 07:28 PM
jscott82
Drifting

Originally Posted by JP66
I downloaded and installed iRacing. I got to "Test" with a car and a track, but my brake is stuck on. Can anyone help so I can try my first test.

I bought a Thrustmaster T150 just so I could test my setup prior to building my full rig. I installed the PC driver, have the wheel set to PS3, can get good indications when setting up everything, but when I click "Test" I still have a brake on even though I am not depressing the brake. Is there some other button I need to press to start and release the brake? I hold "esc" to exit the pits and it changes the view but not the brake.

Did you run the iRacing config (the screen where you choose your wheel, pedals, and buttons) and it work there?
(sorry I'm not in front of my rig to get exact steps)

​​​​​

Last edited by jscott82; 12-13-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2020 | 07:31 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Nevermind . . . he says with his best Rosanna-anna-danna voice . . . it helps to put the car in gear. Hah
The following 3 users liked this post by JP66:
mlct (12-14-2020), mobius911 (12-13-2020), ned911 (12-14-2020)
Old 12-13-2020 | 08:48 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

it helps to put the car in gear. Hah
Hahahaha!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-14-2020 | 09:58 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

lol
Old 12-14-2020 | 10:03 AM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Come race with PCA. There are eDE's and practice races going on weekly. Check out the Zone Group's web page https://pcasimracing.com/zone-groups/

PCA Sim Racing homepage https://pcasimracing.com

Last edited by Driver8; 12-15-2020 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2020 | 03:50 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Nevermind . . . he says with his best Rosanna-anna-danna voice . . . it helps to put the car in gear. Hah
Don't feel bad. The first time I drove my Cup car I reached down for the shifter out of habit before remembering the car didn't have one.

At least you made this mistake on a sim!
Old 12-14-2020 | 03:57 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Don't feel bad. The first time I drove my Cup car I reached down for the shifter out of habit before remembering the car didn't have one.

I have "clutched" in my automatic tow vehicle at the end of a track day...that was fun
Old 12-14-2020 | 04:09 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa

After 300 track days in my Cayman S PDK (RIP my love), the 991.2 GT3 6MT had me up against the redline frequently until I remembered that I needed to shift. Opposite of you, but exactly the same.....

Quick Reply: iRacing first night trouble. Brake?