Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jersey Shore NJMP DE Aug 12-13 Need your help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020 | 07:45 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Default Jersey Shore NJMP DE Aug 12-13 Need your help

Fellow track nuts, we need your help... If we can't get to a number that makes sense for the club we may have to cancel this event.

We hate to do this but under the current PCA format we have not choice. As it stands the club could be responsible for over $15,000 in track fees which is unsustainable for a small club. As such we are moving to a Cups and Saucers model.

This note was sent out to our members and prior DE registrants last night.

During this tumultuous time, Jersey Shore is faced with a significant challenge relative to our annual DE event at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Due to the social distancing rules in place, instructors will not be allowed in cars alongside drivers. While at some point in time a "Lead-Follow" program for novice drivers may be instituted, it is currently not authorized by PCA.

Based on that, our DE scheduled to be held August 12th and 13th will be for solo drivers only. The good news is that this open track model will allow for only two run groups giving you significantly more track time--up to 4 hours per day. During this "special" year we find it necessary to increase our rate to $475 for the two day event, with the two day rate being the only option. Please understand that in order for us to move forward this is essential, and we are asking for your support.

Per state guidelines, social distancing rules and masks will be required while at the track.

On Tuesday, June 30th we will need to gauge the level of participation, so we ask that you both register and pay prior to that date. Please note that if there are not enough paid registrations by June 30th to make this a financially feasible proposition for the Club, we will be forced to cancel the event. If the event is canceled, full refunds will be given.

The link to Club Reg is below. Please reach out to Greg Pfremmer (trackchair@jsrpca.com) or Paul Solk (psolk@comcast.net) with any questions you may have.

Visit https://clubregistration.net/

Thank you in advance for your support!
Old 06-11-2020 | 08:38 AM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

I'm in..........always a great warm up before the race
Old 06-11-2020 | 09:35 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm totally in!
The following users liked this post:
Paul Solk (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020 | 01:11 PM
tjsmaryland
Rennlist Member

I just registered. JSPCA puts on a great DE event.
The following 2 users liked this post by tjsmaryland:
dgrobs (06-11-2020), Paul Solk (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020 | 01:34 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

I registered a while ago Paul.

Got the CR email from you last night and wasn't happy when I read it. Seems like an all too common email these days.

I'll be there and looking forward to racing the Goose....LOL.

This is a very fun laid back event with plenty of track time and room on track.

Hoping for the best Paul. Haven't seen you since the WGI event last season with HOD or Chin, or someone else, who the F knows.

Would hate to see this event get cancelled.

Come on folks, sign up for this event, if for nothing else but to give ME 2 more days on track this abbreviated season. LOL.

Paul Solk (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020 | 05:12 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Come on folks, sign up for this event, if for nothing else but to give ME 2 more days on track this abbreviated season. LOL.
Yeah, just what you need, two more track days Still room this weekend at Mid-O....

And Paul, I seriously hope all works out for you

Paul Solk (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020 | 05:18 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gbuff
Yeah, just what you need, two more track days

Still room this weekend at Mid-O....
We all need more track days, especially this season.

As for Mid-O this weekend, I need a 3 day event for an 8 hour tow.

Towed 10 hours down to VIR for a 2 day Chin event I think 2 years ago. Rained both days. Towed 10 hours home. Not happy and haven't done it since.

For anything longer than a 5 hour tow, I want to hedge my odds with a minimum 3 days on track.

Why don't you come down for this JSR DE at Thunderbolt. Your Mini would eat that track up.
Paul Solk (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020 | 05:23 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

We all need more track days, especially this season.

As for Mid-O this weekend, I need a 3 day event for an 8 hour tow.

Towed 10 hours down to VIR for a 2 day Chin event I think 2 years ago. Rained both days. Towed 10 hours home. Not happy and haven't done it since.

For anything longer than a 5 hour tow, I want to hedge my odds with a minimum 3 days on track.

Why don't you come down for this JSR DE at Thunderbolt. Your Mini would eat that track up.
Already booked back at Mid-O on the 14th.

And no, I won't drive TBolt on the 12th and 13th then drive to Ohio for the 14th; that's for, um, other people But I do wish I could to help Paul out.
Paul Solk (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020 | 05:30 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gbuff

And no, I won't drive TBolt on the 12th and 13th then drive to Ohio for the 14th
Why not?

As my old buddy Robert used to say...

Yes, I think it can be easily done
Just take everything down to Highway 61...
Old 06-11-2020 | 05:35 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Why not?

As my old buddy Robert used to say...

Yes, I think it can be easily done
Just take everything down to Highway 61...
Ol' Bobby Z wouldn't do it either.
dgrobs (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020 | 06:09 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Thank you for all the support, this wasn't a decision we took lightly but we are getting very close to our cancellation deadline and could end up crippling the club financially so we had no choice... Between losing students/instructors which were roughly half our 90 registrants last year and potentially losing some solos to Mid-O as well this was our only option... Who knows where we will be in 60 days or 6 for that matter but this was a PIT (Point in Time) decision to keep the event alive.
Old 06-24-2020 | 08:22 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Bumpity bump bump

Come on folks, let’s get out there and play with JSR at NJMP.

So it appears this event is on the verge of being cancelled due to low registration numbers. Got an email this morning saying just that.

I’ve done this DE a couple times But not in this seasons format. This year only 2 run groups. 100% advanced event, all solo, 2 run groups, up to 4 hours track time each day.

Price is very reasonable for a regular 2 day DE. Throw in all that extra track time and it’s a no-brainer.

It is getting very close to the date that a decision needs to be made on canceling or going forward.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I just don’t want another great DE with a really good and courteous respectful bunch of drivers to get scrubbed as so many already have this season.

Come on folks. Let’s get registered and back on track.

Hoping for the best here and really looking forward to seeing and driving with my JSR buds. Hope it goes off as planned.

If you’re on the fence, give it some serious consideration and register.

Again, no dog in this one. Just want it to go off as scheduled.

Great bunch of people, great track, great price, and more track time than you could ever want.

Hope to see everyone there. It’s getting close to the date that a decision needs to be made.

Register up and bring extra pads and tires. 4 hours a day on this track is the cats meow.
Paul Solk (06-26-2020)
Old 06-25-2020 | 04:24 PM
DDun911
Rennlist Member

Paul You guys should reconsider the 2 day only. As this is before the NJMP club race. 5 Days on track is just too much for me. I do like coming in a day early and getting set up, but $ 475. is too much for that.
Old 06-26-2020 | 07:18 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DDun911
Paul You guys should reconsider the 2 day only. As this is before the NJMP club race. 5 Days on track is just too much for me. I do like coming in a day early and getting set up, but $ 475. is too much for that.
I wish we were in a position to do so but right now as a club we need to ensure we don't bankrupt ourselves.

$475 was the number we needed with the number of cars we anticipate to not put the club in a deficit we can't dig out of... 50 cars at $475 still leaves us having to cover over $5,000 out of the clubs funds coupled with a loss of corporate sponsorship from Porsche. 60 barely breaks even and considering last year we had 90 attendees, 47 of which were students/instructors whereas this year we can not accept students AND Mid-Ohio having a Club Race the same weekend leaves us in a really vulnerable position.

This isn't something we chose to do it's what we had to do to ensure the club is around next year to do this again... Considering some groups are asking between $375- $3,995 for a day of open track right now in order to cover their track rental costs asking $475 to put on the event without bankrupting the club doesn't seem too exorbitant and we hope people can understand and support the club but for now we had to plan based on worst case scenarios.

Last edited by Paul Solk; 06-26-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-26-2020 | 05:49 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

I’m signed up and am passing along to all my track buddies. Hopefully, we can help keep this great event on the schedule!!

Personally, I think the pricing is more than fair considering the event’s format and the venue.

Quick Reply: Jersey Shore NJMP DE Aug 12-13 Need your help