Sponsored by:

Must watch webinar!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 11:47 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Must watch webinar!

At least that was my conclusion after watching Andrew Rains from APEX Pro and Dion von Moltke from www.racers360.com Below is a note I sent to some racer buddies:

Folks,
I know I often babel on excessively, so I will do my best to be brief. I was invited to participate in this Webinar, and so pleased that I was:
described by the presenters as, Pluck the Low Hanging (Data) Fruit, or, learn to understand and appreciate the most powerful concepts of data analysis early on and apply them to your driving.
  • Speed trace,
  • Long/Lat G forces,
  • Friction Circle
Get your arms around these three (3) concepts, exploit them and evolve into a better driver. It's that simple. Data is generic...it matters not what system provides it to you for your review. But what DOES MATTER, is that we drivers examine our data in a timely fashion, and look for areas of improvement to incorporate into our driving. Doing the same old thing over and over again can not produce different results.

*** kicking performance

Not so much

Those finding graphs to be troublesome, that was me initially, I found a great way to understand the basic concepts of Data Logging as a result of reading Making Sense of Squiggly Lines by Chris Brown. With a read of the book, you will accomplish what the title suggests, with the heretofore Data Logging mysteries revealed. The book is available on Amazon, or directly from Chris: cb@cb-racing.comChris is a renowned expert in data crunching...he works for Pro Teams and does seminars on data interpretation.

Suggest you watch this video and take copious notes...then watch it again a day later, and a day later, etc. etc.a. Enclosed are some screenshots I will use as I re-watch the video. You may find them helpful as a platform for taking notes while you watch.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Dionvm24
Former Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you for posting this and your feedback Martin! So glad that you enjoyed it and found it helpful!

Data does not need to be complicated, make it as easy as possible to find time is what we are all about
Old 02-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default racers360.com

Thanks for the kind words Dion.

I joined the Racers360 Drivers Lounge for annual full access to their complete video library. You can access quite a few for free, but I wanted full access. $100 less 10% Rennllist discount, worth every penny.
Headed to Laguna Seca in about 10 days. I have watched Dion's video on the best way to take Turn 2, I'll give you a hint, there is a "V" shaped trajectory involved. This is the same fast line that
Peter Krause and Ross Bentley discuss in detail in their "Virtual Track Walk" of Laguna Seca.

I am going to submit APEX Pro data to www.racers360.com for their analysis when I am back from Laguna Seca on the 15th of February.

In the inimitable words of Chris Walrod, "Is this a great place, or what?"
Old 02-06-2020, 04:30 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 191 Posts

Thanks for posting. Will check it out!
Old 02-17-2020, 01:28 AM
ISO100
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks like a great resource... will watch in entirety before heading to sebring in march.

martin hope your laguna seca event went well.

John
The following users liked this post:
Martin S. (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 02:24 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Laguna Seca was awesome....lots of track time, courteous drivers and a well-run event. The only downside was the 90 dB sound limit, but I knew that when I went there. Just means that I had to putt by the Sound Shack. If you are on the Left Coast, see what events Northern CA Racing Club has scheduled. They are starting up wheel to wheel racing soon, in addition to TT and DE.

racers360 video collection has some very interesting material.

Quick Reply: Must watch webinar!