Sub Belt Pass Through Sparco Evo And Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 11:27 AM
zbomb
Race Car

Received 4,292 Likes on 1,812 Posts
Default Sub Belt Pass Through Sparco Evo And Mounting

2 questions

I have a 6 point sub belt and a Sparco Evo, looking for input from those running a similar setup where the orientation of the pass through in the sparco seems as though it may only be suitable for a 5 point sub belt.

I grabbed this picture from an older thread that illustrates the issue and am wondering if people just run them as shown and the comfort, looks like it negates benefit of the dual sub belt..

The pass through in the shell seems like there is adequate room for the 2 belts but the cushion opening hinders. Entertaining the idea of getting alternative version of the cushion that has the pass through slot running L to R instead of front to back.

Also, I have the eyebolts and backing plates and was looking for opinion on best mounting of the sub belts:

1. Mount to the rear cross bar on the sparco seat base by drilling 2 holes through the bar with eyebolts on top of bar secured to backing plate under the bar.

or

2. Through the floor of the car. If anyone has pictures handy of the locations they used for this method I would appreciate it.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:39 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 806 Likes on 408 Posts

In my view you are overthinking this. That style sub belt setup is how it works unless you use the "parachute" style with holes in the back of the seat (ala the Viper Gen V).

As for your mounting points, #2 definitely works. Would need to see picture of where the rear crossbar is to have a view on #1.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:20 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Received 4,292 Likes on 1,812 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
In my view you are overthinking this. That style sub belt setup is how it works unless you use the "parachute" style with holes in the back of the seat (ala the Viper Gen V).
OK, the likelihood I am overthinking is real. Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by 38D
As for your mounting points, #2 definitely works. Would need to see picture of where the rear crossbar is to have a view on #1.
Pic of the seat base with the stock SB mounting point for reference of rear cross bar location.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:41 PM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

If you're worried about the cushion pinching the subs you could also just remove them for your sessions/races. Mostly because I'm 6'3" and in a Boxster but I take it out when on track, you'll never notice it's gone and your butt will have a bit more direct "contact" with the car.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:11 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default harness mounting instructions

attached is excellent harness mounting info from schroth.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook

Quick Reply: Sub Belt Pass Through Sparco Evo And Mounting