Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 944's

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 05:00 PM
hrk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I never knew I had "Driving God" in my car on Sunday afternoon when my throttle stuck and I had to quit driving before finishing the first lap.
I could've used 2 seconds off my times...

hr-k the cool drifter
Old 03-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Robert W. Bausum Jr.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by hrk
And I never knew I had "Driving God" in my car on Sunday afternoon when my throttle stuck and I had to quit driving before finishing the first lap.
I could've used 2 seconds off my times...

hr-k the cool drifter
OK, after spending sometime thinking about this. It should not be "Driving God" it should be "God Like Instructor"! It's based on the whole those who can do theory!

And as for riding with you Heikki, YIKES! OK, spining down the front straight of Road Atlanta for 10 to 12 seconds if more than my heart is prep'd for. A ride with you is worse than space mountain, and we were in broad daylight!

I can do better than find you two seconds. I can get you a perfect lap time; Just like I can help any golfer score a perfect round of golf.

QUIT!

Geez, I can't wait for the calm of the club race next week!

Cheers,
Bob
Old 03-25-2004, 08:20 PM
chump
Track Day

I also was not aware of the religious experience I was having when Bob was in the car with me on Sunday. Had I known I would have had some sort of shrine erected in the confines of the world's slowest Jetta. All I wanted was someone to sit in the passenger seat so I could go out in a student group and look what I got!

Alas, I cannot boast of a two second gain but rather a 1 second loss after Bob got in the car. However, I don't think that came from poor instruction but rather when you have a car who's top speed is 84 mph on the back straight at RA, adding a bunch of meat to the passenger seat doesn't help with laptimes.

On the other hand, I guess we could start a new religion based on this deification of late.

Who's in?

Old 03-25-2004, 09:37 PM
84-944
Instructor

Chump wrote:

"On the other hand, I guess we could start a new religion based on this deification of late."

I'm not in until I understand what this sentence means......and that may take a while.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

All I know is that Bob took me around the track on Friday afternoon (my first day at RA), and suddenly I saw the light. Just like Jake in the Blues Brothers...

Anyway - for those of you who'd like to see the God in action, check out the photo:

You must have faith!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:56 PM
84-944
Instructor

Hey Jack667, saw you at the beemer DE last week, looked like fun. Tell GOD to stay off that gator, really upsets the car in a place that you don't want your car upset at 100+, off camber, 90 deg right.

BTW....is GOD early early apexing? (note cone) Looks good enough.

Sweet pic. though.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Robert W. Bausum Jr.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Jack667
All I know is that Bob took me around the track on Friday afternoon (my first day at RA), and suddenly I saw the light. Just like Jake in the Blues Brothers...
Anyway - for those of you who'd like to see the God in action, check out the photo:
You must have faith!!!
What time did you take that?
Was that a few seconds before my triple and a half lutz down the front straight? That would explain it completly to me.

Damn red mist!
Old 03-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Robert W. Bausum Jr.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by 84-944
Hey Jack667, saw you at the beemer DE last week, looked like fun. Tell GOD to stay off that gator, really upsets the car in a place that you don't want your car upset at 100+, off camber, 90 deg right.

BTW....is GOD early early apexing? (note cone) Looks good enough.

Sweet pic. though.
I wasn't early. The cone is late! So saith the Master!
Old 03-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

The pic was taken at 12:43pm on 3/21/04. Gotta love the data stored in the image file... I guess its like a mini-DAS. (doh!!)
Old 03-26-2004, 02:33 AM
cheater
Track Day

never trust a movable cone but i wasn't taught to touch the gaiters on 12 by the driving God..... was it a mistake? I say trick photography a gaiter here a cone there. and after reading this is why I don't have the ***** to be a passenger in a race car........ BOB hows the pucker factor? glad everyone is ok, see you at the races
Old 03-26-2004, 09:04 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

Well, obviously, if he's not at the cone, he's still tracking in to his apex! He's right on the line, as evidenced by the black stripe on the white curve (note that this is not like driving on the "Darlington stripe").

Way to use those curbs! I'm betting he's driving a car with an IT suspension - you know, the type of suspension that actually gets faster on gator teeth, rumble strips, chuckholes, and grass... as evidenced by the driving style of so many IT drivers... LOL
Old 03-26-2004, 09:44 AM
84-944
Instructor

Couldn't poosibly be an IT car, the obligatory doughnuts are missing from the sides.

I think GOD just missed it, still a great pic!

Could something like this be what precipitated the "Triple Lindy" down the front straight?

Stay tuned for:
I had the line.....
or
I never saw the gator.....
or
what black flag?

Quick Reply: Fast 944's