Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell Us Your Pinnacle of Performance, Win Yokohama's New ADVAN Apex™ Tires!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019 | 03:22 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Exclamation Tell Us Your Pinnacle of Performance, Win Yokohama's New ADVAN Apex™ Tires!

We're teaming up with our friends at Yokohama for your chance to win a free set of their ADVAN Apex™, an all-new Y-rated ultra-high performance tire that offers the Pinnacle of Performance. To enter, we want to hear about your own Pinnacle of Performance! Whether you're currently rocking Yokohamas or not, tell us about any time trial or track experience you've had and how you did. Include one or more photos from your experience in your post (be it of your time, your car's run, or just the event itself) and we'll send you a free Rennlist logo decal.

Visit a Local SCCA Event
Haven't participated in a time trial recently? Yokohama's got the hook-up. Head to any SCCA event in your area, and if you're already on Yokohama tires, you'll receive a discounted entry fee. Check out the full SCCA event calendar to find a time trial near you, and click here to learn more about the #OnYokohamaTires discount.

No SCCA? No Problem
If you don't have any SCCA events near you, you're still eligible to win. Simply tell us about any other time trial or track event you've attended, whether it's one you attend between now and our November 1 contest deadline or one you participated in over the summer.

Good luck!

The Fine Print
All posts must be submitted by November 1 to qualify. After the submission period ends, we will contact those who posted a photo to collect mailing addresses for the free decal. This contest is being done in tandem with five sister Internet Brands communities: AcuraZine, Honda-Tech, EvolutionM, NorthAmericanMotoring, and S2KI. Three winners will be chosen in total across the six sites. Please see the attached Official Rules below for full details.
Attached Images
Old 09-16-2019 | 07:39 PM
Joe Weinstein
Three Wheelin'

Cool! I could use a set! I do go through tires... Here's a shot of a recent win at an autocross at the S.F. region of the PCA

Old 09-17-2019 | 04:23 PM
thurstonpowers3
Rennlist Member

I have run the newer Yokohama A052 for almost an entire season now and have been impressed with the speed and consistency compared to some other tires. The photos show the change from the old version of Falken's 200 tire resulting in a 2 second decrease at various PCA HPDE events. As far as time trial events I have competed in 2 TT events with NASA and the A052 helped me secure a first place finish both events. Overall I have been very happy with the tire and will definitely be replacing with the same.

Last edited by thurstonpowers3; 09-19-2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: decreased, not increased
Old 09-20-2019 | 07:44 PM
usairforcevet
AutoX

I would love a set of Yokohamas for my project 944! My wife, girls and I attended a PCA autocross day in KC. We both drove our 2006 Cayenne S. What a blast! I think some of the 911 and Boxster owners were impressed with my time! Thanks!

Old 10-04-2019 | 09:39 PM
PCA7GGR
Racer

Instructing at an annual PCA Golden Gate Region Auto-X School (Alameda, CA) - Photo by David Leong

Old 10-07-2019 | 02:09 PM
Grantsfo
Pro

Have always been a fan of Yokohama brand! I autocrossed on AD08 R with great success but more recently changed to Bridgestones but would love to go back to new performance offerings from Yokohama . Photo from local SCCA event in Marina California.

Last edited by Grantsfo; 10-07-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2019 | 08:19 PM
importer101
Intermediate

Like to try the Advan Apex

Attached is a representative lap at HPDE in Mont Tremblant QC wit my 2011 Boxster S ( this was taken Sept 17th 2019)

The following users liked this post:
ZerOG (10-23-2019)
Old 10-15-2019 | 09:50 PM
dinnyin
Advanced

911 was stuck in the shop so I brought out the STI. My alternate boxer made a good showing all day, here's a GT3 waving me by

Then on the last run it stretched a head bolt
Old 10-17-2019 | 03:22 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

I'm a member of PCA-SDR, and race Autocross every month, with the occasional big track TT\DE events sprinkled in! Attached are some pictures taken during last months autocross event, as well as a quick video. My tire of choice lately has been the Bridgestone RE-71, however in the past I have run Yokohama tires on my street cars and really liked them. I would love the opportunity to try out the new ADVAN Apex tires on the track sometime! As you know, finding that perfect tire and suspension setup can be a challenge, and is something I'm always trying to achieve! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Old 10-17-2019 | 03:44 PM
buttersnotch
AutoX

Default Seattle International Raceway

Mine was a little while ago at SIR, a Porsche of NA sponsored autocross day with the new models, as well as a non-timed lap around the track. I was able to try out a Boxster base, Cayman S, Panamera 4S, Carrera 4S, and a Cayenne Turbo. My fave was the Cayman. I was most impressed with the Cayenne, in that I was expecting it to wallow like a yak but in reality the handling was way better than I ever anticipated, better than many sedans I've driven. The best part was it was using someone else's tires, brakes, and fuel.
Old 10-17-2019 | 03:47 PM
The Producer
Advanced

The GTzero out slaying some cones last month with PCA Canada West Region. I run Yok Neovas - great all round tire, will prob get them again next time around.
Greyghost230 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019 | 03:48 PM
Greyghost230
Instructor

PCA - Canada West Region Autocross. Always a lot of fun! 2009 Targa 4S
I guess that extra 162lbs Targa top can make it want to roll over... LOL!!!
The Producer (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019 | 03:50 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Contest not open to Canadians. Should have said that in the first post (or the email I just received).
Old 10-17-2019 | 03:51 PM
logohio1
1st Gear

Default My Pinnacle Of Performance

I may of 2016 I had the opportunity to drive all out on the Nurburgring for a day session and it was indeed the pinnacle of my performance driving experiences. I have 3 Porsche at home so I had to drive a Porsche on the Green Hell, a Cayman. Words cannot describe the feeling of exhilaration that I had had on that track; but my memories (and on-board video) help to remember.

On the Carousel at the ring

Same pic on the Cover of The Voice In The Trunk, the monthly magazine of the NORPCA.
Old 10-17-2019 | 03:51 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Default COTA Prep

Hustling at COTA preparing for the WRL race this November

My coach lap time of 2:21:45, which I am told is .3 off the COta GTB1 track record. I’m running 2:24 on clear track and 2:26 when passing during a lap. This track is notably slower then 1-3 years past. Turn 2 and 18 are very bumpy now.

Getting a little air .....

Quick Reply: Tell Us Your Pinnacle of Performance, Win Yokohama's New ADVAN Apex™ Tires!