Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Armor helmet w removable pads (very cool)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019 | 01:52 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Default Black Armor helmet w removable pads (very cool)

Pick up a black armor helmet last year and thought that only the cheek pads were removable. Turns out they all are.

...no affiliation, just a really cool feature to be able to take these things out and wash them.

Old 08-20-2019 | 02:54 PM
TulaneAg
Advanced

Underrated feature that I wish I had thoroughly considered before pulling the trigger on my Bell Sport helmet 2 years ago. I love the fit of my helmet but I had always assumed the innards were removable on all helmets. Mine finally got a little (or a lot) musty after my spring DEs and I started trying to pull out the pads to wash and it was a no go. I'm gonna try to wash it in the sink and then dry sitting on a fan for a week and see if it works but I'm not looking forward to it. We'll see. I'm kinda considering changing helmets because of it...
Old 08-20-2019 | 03:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Stand21 does this as well. They use different thickness pads in each location to fit the helmet to your head perfectly.
The following users liked this post:
Paul Solk (08-22-2019)
Old 08-21-2019 | 08:01 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default helmet cleaning

Originally Posted by TulaneAg
Underrated feature that I wish I had thoroughly considered before pulling the trigger on my Bell Sport helmet 2 years ago. I love the fit of my helmet but I had always assumed the innards were removable on all helmets. Mine finally got a little (or a lot) musty after my spring DEs and I started trying to pull out the pads to wash and it was a no go. I'm gonna try to wash it in the sink and then dry sitting on a fan for a week and see if it works but I'm not looking forward to it. We'll see. I'm kinda considering changing helmets because of it...

it is not recommended to submerge the entire helmet in water to clean. BELL recommends cleaning with a cloth or sponge soaked in mild soap and water and air dry.

Molecule also makes helmet cleaning products that work well. heres a link

https://apexperformance.net/product/...lmet-care-kit/
Old 08-21-2019 | 08:38 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JoeMag
Pick up a black armor helmet last year and thought that only the cheek pads were removable. Turns out they all are.

...no affiliation, just a really cool feature to be able to take these things out and wash them.
it strikes me very strange that this isn’t more common. Even cheap motorcycle helmets today pretty much all have removable liners. Maybe something to do with fire ratings?
Old 08-21-2019 | 11:38 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

helmet dryer is a great investment......
Old 08-22-2019 | 09:28 AM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Yea, the black armor also has different size pads too. Frankly I went to them for price of ~$700 for CF helmet.
Old 08-22-2019 | 11:44 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

What about the spray for hockey bags etc.?
I just let mine air dry and I have a helmet dryer for snowmobiling.

Quick Reply: Black Armor helmet w removable pads (very cool)