Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 06:00 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Thanks!
I agree with Matt. Just imaging what these things could do with a LSD so you didn't have to rotate early for the slow ones.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
I agree with Matt. Just imaging what these things could do with a LSD so you didn't have to rotate early for the slow ones.
Would be cool - more transmission swaps for blown gears wouldnt be though!
Old 07-26-2019, 07:07 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking Congrats

"Below in video is a 1:41.7 in a 21 year old clunker. Pretty cool, some more left I think so it may not last forever though."

This was some awesome driving....congratulations....I have the feeling the record will stick for a while.

You SPB racers were commendably safe, super competitive and fast. I was in the Blue DE Group.....we had some run time challenges as a result of drivers in other groups ramming the tire barrier in Turn 4, and doing and a Spec Boxster doing an off road excursion after Turn 10...took a while to dig him out, as a result of these crashes, we lost 35% of our driving time on Saturday, capped off by a 3 lap last session of the day. and then had our run time spaced out a very weird manner on Sunday, with 4 hours between the first and second run groups, and as a consolation prize, we were then to alternate run groups with the Red at the end off the day alternating 20 minute sessions. That was too frenetic and frantic for me...I packed up and went home.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:57 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Would be cool - more transmission swaps for blown gears wouldnt be though!
True, though I had a 99 with a 3.4L in it that I thrashed for 10 years and only went through one transmission. I put a Guards LSD in it and took it to Sebring. It was great fun around the hairpin until the AOS failed at 8000 RPMs and grenaded the engine.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:22 AM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 134 Posts

Epic lap, Matt. Nice going. You’ve been shooting for that record for a few years, and it’s cool to see you grab it. Driving skills + car setup skills, the complete SPB racer.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:10 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by tgsmith4845
Epic lap, Matt. Nice going. You’ve been shooting for that record for a few years, and it’s cool to see you grab it. Driving skills + car setup skills, the complete SPB racer.
Thanks Tim - though to be fair I have 10 lifetime
days at laguna - too hard to drive there with all the nuts sound restrictions! Wish they would fix that it's a fun track

Quick Reply: PCA Laguna - SPB Report and New Lap Record