Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock 996 brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 12:33 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive heard about the oil starvation problem but i dont plan on getting track tires for a while. right now the order i plan to modify the car goes as follows: brakes, seats/harnesses, suspension, and then by that time hopefully i'll have enough money left to work on the motor and get me some R compounds
Old 03-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis, what kinds of times do you run at the Glen? If you are not pushing the car to its limit, you don't have to worry as much about the brakes.

The cup car does have air ducts that can easily be retofitted. I run them on my car and they do make a noticable difference. They are about $130 each and are 'disposable', particularly if your car is lowered.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:36 PM
BigHeadDennis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Ed Newman
Dennis, what kinds of times do you run at the Glen? If you are not pushing the car to its limit, you don't have to worry as much about the brakes.

The cup car does have air ducts that can easily be retofitted. I run them on my car and they do make a noticable difference. They are about $130 each and are 'disposable', particularly if your car is lowered.
In my wife's stock 996, with old, well-used (ex-Ferrari Challenge), much heat-cycled Pirelli slicks (D3 compound), I'm running about 2:14-15 (according to a stopwatch on the videotape). This is with the Boot, obviously (well, I *hope* obviously ).

Do you have pics of the air ducts, BTW? That would be very, very helpful. Thanks!

vty,

--Dennis

Quick Reply: stock 996 brakes