48 Hours at Sebring Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 08:35 AM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 48 Hours at Sebring Update

True to it's usual form, the overwhelming threat to the weekend was the weather. However, if it's got to rain, the timing was perfect. After the sprints were all done and before the enduro started was all the rain we got.

I don't recall seeing that many cars for one of these weekends. What an impressive collection.

I did hear of numerous mechanical malfunctions in the pits but for this track that's pretty much the norm.

In the sprints, the blue and green groups had their typical runs with only a few mishaps. However, the yellow group with 30 cup cars was a disaster on the start collecting three cars by the end of the pit wall. They ran about 20 minutes of laps behind the pace car. Then they restarted and near the end, ran about another 5 minutes under the yellow to finish. Oh brother!

The enduro races were fun and I am having a ball running those events. With a good prepared crew at the wall, pit stops are a nice breather. I again learn the lesson of seconds though when a spin out of three used up 25 seconds and a pit stop that was still 15 seconds too long, I lost about 3 places overall. Race and learn.

I'd be curious to hear other's impressions of the weekend.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a great time. I am a local, so it was fun being able to keep up with the cup cars in the turns. 17 is especially good since there is no "right" line, it has to be found for yourself.

I loved seeing all that great machinery. This is a tribute to the greatness of Porsche. I can only hope that Porsche's management is watching and will not forget that this is what makes them great, not mass appeal.

I hope everyone had a great time and please come back soon.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Mac and Mitch

It was a great weekend.

What Mac didn't mention is his podium. Don't be modest.

And it was great meeting you, Mac, if only for a few minutes yesterday morning.
You know I almost snagged your towhook with the bungee cord when you blew by me yesterday during the enduro.

Mitch, sorry we didn't hook up at all. Next year.

As to my full impressions, I am going to do a HWFMR report of the weekend at lunch or tonight.

Congrats to the Sun Coast and gold Coast regions. That was a great weekend. Lots of cars. (we started 70 for the Blue Group Sprint) And lots of fun.

Quick Reply: 48 Hours at Sebring Update