Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mont Tremblant w/COMSCC, June 24/25

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 04:37 PM
ZDan
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I just bought a couple of 25 oz. Foster's "oil cans" to fashion silencers to clamp onto exhaust outlets
I am actually glad (for the moment) I am currently feeding through a gastrointestinal tube so I can just inject this crap beer and not have to taste it...
Old 06-29-2019, 06:08 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Does anyone happen to know which side the measurement is, and roughly where on the track?

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Just returned from Tremblant. Stock GT3 GT3RS Gt4 and 718 GTS all busted for sound. On the otheer hand the same cars with the exhaust valves wired shut passed sound! Cheap trick that works.
I feel like that could cause some back pressure issues?
Old 07-01-2019, 12:38 PM
booch
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

The sound guy moves around; I saw him in two spots; T2 on drivers left (about where pit out blends in) and the bridge turn.

We had a few folks get popped for sound Monday/Tuesday last week; AFAIK only 2 cars were kicked out of the event after getting caught twice. Both are full-on race cars, and quite loud.

There were 2 GT4s at the event, with the sport exhaust valve closed neither had an issue with sound, that I am aware of. My car (05 STi) had no issues either; it's got a downpipe and catback, so louder than stock but not obnoxious. My wife said it sounded pretty loud on the front straightaway, but it wasn't loud enough to get a sound warning.

FWIW we had a great event, not too many cars so lots of track time. Even with a student on day 1, I still managed to net over 200 track miles across both days. Normally I am lucky to get 100, but with < 60 cars we had plenty of time on track.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:54 PM
ZDan
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I gave my beercan silencers to one of the "loud" guys... I saw simple flat metal deflectors behind 2/4 exhaust tips on one of the loud Camaros running headers, no cats, exhaust, and I think that worked for him. I didn't have any issues running stock 2.9 with Borla catback.

Great event! #booch was 0.003 seconds quicker than me in the time trial in his STi: 1:56.037 to 1:56.040

I had a quicker lap in day 1 practice though! 1:55.918 to 1:55.938

Sorry I missed running open track with you guys, I was all alone out there :'(

Photographer there took great pics:

Quick Reply: Mont Tremblant w/COMSCC, June 24/25