Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on the #22 Aston Martin driver's "move" this past weekend at LRP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 07:59 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve113
It was a combined SVRA Group10/ International GT

Its a shame because your car was nice and veryyyy fast down the straights
Hi Steve,
This was not my car but a fellow club member's who asked me to post this up and see what you guys thought about his getting bumped off. He said the Aston driver did not seem to have any remorse which pissed him off even more.

Preliminary repair estimates are above $50k for the 997.1 cup as the driver's front wheel and suspension were completely tucked under the tub.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:39 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
Hi Steve,
This was not my car but a fellow club member's who asked me to post this up and see what you guys thought about his getting bumped off. He said the Aston driver did not seem to have any remorse which pissed him off even more.

Preliminary repair estimates are above $50k for the 997.1 cup as the driver's front wheel and suspension were completely tucked under the tub.

In that case I would have been tempted to accidentally run into his truck on the way out. Multiple times.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:27 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 145 Posts

Cemoto-I thought something was wrong and how could it be you. Yeh that sucks and I believe it was his first race? what a way to start . I hate looking at that stuff but on the way out of the track it was sitting on the flat bed . I wouldnt be surprised if that number to go up

Deckman- Great to meet you as well thanks for coming by
Old 05-30-2019, 10:47 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yellow Instructed driver and for whatever reason was accepted into a race... wtf. fyi
Old 05-30-2019, 11:04 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Very distasteful, worse that the offending driver didn’t show any remorse!
Old 05-30-2019, 11:18 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Yellow Instructed driver and for whatever reason was accepted into a race... wtf. fyi
Understood.
But, he was in the right place and holding his line. . . .
Old 05-31-2019, 06:47 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 620 Likes on 305 Posts

Ouch! Reminds me of a DE video I saw a while back where passing driver HAD to get back on the line no matter if another car was there or not, sad passing skills.
Rich
Old 05-31-2019, 07:56 AM
gumdr000
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gofishracing

If somebody would like to have a discussion regarding my driving resume, please email me at gumdr00@yahoo.com.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:29 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,759 Likes on 923 Posts

Crappy way to get your Cup stuffed.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:31 AM
gumdr000
Cruisin'

I want to thank people here for all of their support. IGT is a great organization with great drivers. I had 3 days of clean racing and learned quite a bit of racecraft along the way. I have to thank john Mauro and Chris Musante for their efforts, instruction, and support. I would also like to thank my fellow drivers for racing clean as I did with them. This person cost me an awesome $150k race car that I loved driving in many events and had won championships with john Mauro. I will be back stronger than ever. The impact to knock me off the track was severe and negligent. I was perfectly on the racing line and could not be further to the left. I even let up a bit because he pulled the same move earlier at the end of the straight into 1. Very bad driver. Karma will return the favor. Thank you.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,908 Likes on 1,705 Posts

So sorry. You’ve got great resources and very good people around you. Ken Fengler runs a great program at world class tracks and hope you’re back soon!
Old 05-31-2019, 09:22 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We all know Lime Rock Park. You left plenty of room. Totally him.. .
Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 145 Posts

Gomdr- Nothing you could have done on this . Its like he forgot you were even there .It almost happened to the fastest car on track the yellow Trans Am car. Your car ran great all weekend (pulled me hard on the front straight)and you did a great job on track all weekend . I even commented to Chris how well you and the car were doing. Sorry
Old 05-31-2019, 11:20 AM
uhear
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gofishracing

Fortunately a PCA driver classification isn't the only standard for all of racing. IMO the PCA powers-to-be missed an opportunity with a driver who, with the right coaching and encouragement, was ready to move up to new challenges. It happens.

I was at the track and watched this driver drop personal best lap times with the end of each day, 3 days in a row. During the race his lap times were on point with the other competitors and especially the cars in his class. Regarding racecraft, he was not a sore thumb who stuck out. To this point, I know of three drivers who came to him after a session to give kind words of encouragement and praise for his on track presence.

It is unfortunate how his day ended. I believe the driver of the green car was negligent and irresponsible. *** Keep in mind the incident happened on LAP1 on the last race of the entire event.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:49 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Understood.
But, he was in the right place and holding his line. . . .
Yup. Driver of the cup car did nothing wrong that I saw. I suspect that the offending driver miscalculated his closing rate and thought he would be clear of the cup by track-out. Not excusing the AM driver, just an attempt to understand what happened.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on the #22 Aston Martin driver's "move" this past weekend at LRP?