Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready for 1st track day in 911

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 10:37 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

By the way, commenting on my driving at this point is fair game! Couple of the kink passes are from trying new suggestion, but other than that, have at it. I do not claim perfection or anywhere close to where experienced drivers are at. I have a lot to learn, so if you have for real suggestions then I am all ears and actually welcome it. I just felt like without seeing my driving it is not fair to make any judgements.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:02 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,223 Posts

Holy Crap that's some serious consumables consumed.
With the regions I run with, no way I woulda passed tech with those pads, rotors, and tires. Wouldn't have been allowed on the track. Be careful man and take tech seriously (that's advice, not bashing).
Very glad that you made the transition to the new platform so smoothly. I've never been to CMP. I am assuming I should wait for the repave before I head there?
Glad you got home safe with the right side up. Winner winner chicken parm. Post up some video/data laps....
Old 02-09-2019, 11:07 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

The pads were basically new when I got there! Only 7k street miles. Well over half pad left. Tires were good too prob 5/32nd left. New brake fluid as well. It really juts ate the living crap out of them. There was a guy in a 2011 cayman S with litterally bramd new pads and rotors. He didnt even run last session because of they were so gone. I posted link in another reply, but here it is again

Old 02-09-2019, 11:12 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Holy Crap that's some serious consumables consumed.
With the regions I run with, no way I woulda passed tech with those pads, rotors, and tires. Wouldn't have been allowed on the track. Be careful man and take tech seriously (that's advice, not bashing).
Very glad that you made the transition to the new platform so smoothly. I've never been to CMP. I am assuming I should wait for the repave before I head there?
Glad you got home safe with the right side up. Winner winner chicken parm. Post up some video/data laps....
Even though I started good, I really shouldnt have run the last session like that and cut out when the guy in cayman who used up brand new set of pads did. I agree in hindsight. I didnt notice the tire until I got back to Hotel. If I had noticed that I would have stopped for sure.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:15 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JSETarga
The pads were basically new when I got there! Only 7k street miles. Well over half pad left. Tires were good too prob 5/32nd left. New brake fluid as well. It really juts ate the living crap out of them. There was a guy in a 2011 cayman S with litterally bramd new pads and rotors. He didnt even run last session because of they were so gone. I posted link in another reply, but here it is again

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa1euaW_oAg
Nice driving. You had the place to yourself. Nice.
You want a piece of critical advice concerning that video above??
Old 02-09-2019, 11:16 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

yes
Old 02-09-2019, 11:20 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

yes
It's actually 3 pieces of advice:

1) Seats
2) Hans
3) 6 pts

If you keep doing track days, you're gonna get better and you're gonna get faster.
The 3 items above might come in handy some day soon, and will help you drive better and smoother right now.
It's a one time investment for the most past.

Again, nice driving....
Old 02-09-2019, 11:25 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dgrobs
It's actually 3 pieces of advice:

1) Seats
2) Hans
3) 6 pts

If you keep doing track days, you're gonna get better and you're gonna get faster.
The 3 items above might come in handy some day soon, and will help you drive better and smoother right now.
It's a one time investment for the most past.

Again, nice driving....
Thank you for the compliment! I agree with you on this as well! I have been watching the forum for a seat. wish I could get even just drivers side bucket seat from a GT3 to put in so I could do what you are saying! The amounts people are asking for GT3 buckets is just outrageous. Also, I feel like I recall clubs requiring that if one seat has harness then both do, which means I will need foldable buckets to get kids in back.... I am with you though. Maybe I can figure something out before next event.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:31 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thank you for the compliment! I agree with you on this as well! I have been watching the forum for a seat. wish I could get even just drivers side bucket seat from a GT3 to put in so I could do what you are saying! The amounts people are asking for GT3 buckets is just outrageous. Also, I feel like I recall clubs requiring that if one seat has harness then both do, which means I will need foldable buckets to get kids in back.... I am with you though. Maybe I can figure something out before next event.
Recaro Pole's and Shroth 6 pts and a Hans of some sort..
If you just start out with one due to budget issues (which we all seem to have at one point or another in this ridiculously expensive hobby), Simpson makes a great Hybrid, which you can use as a full Hans when you get the seats and 6 pts.
The Hybrid isn't all 3 together, but it's def something that can help in certain types of impacts.
Safety first is my motto. Probably why I have such chitty lap times,
Make the investment in the safety stuff sooner than later if you plan on doing more events and on a more regular basis.
Enjoy....
Old 02-10-2019, 08:29 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,340 Likes on 1,895 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
CMP is a fun little track, hard on tires and hard on brakes (no time to cool).

Have fun!
Yep. CMP hasn’t changed a bit. Glad you had fun and always take the Rennlist peanut gallery with a grain of salt! <very big grin>

Turn 1 is a good program.

Quick Reply: Ready for 1st track day in 911