Sponsored by:

In Car Video of Double Crown held at Buttonwillow Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 06:28 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default In Car Video of Double Crown held at Buttonwillow Raceway Park

PCA Club Racing’s Double Crown held at Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Nov 2018. This is me in Sprint Race #1:

Due to the fact that my teammate and I were sharing her car (a 2016 GT4 Clubsport, GTD class) and alternating the driving for each session/race, we were penalized and relegated to start DFL in the two sprint races. I’d driven her car in a few races, so its not completely foreign to me, but it does handle a good bit differently than my own car (mainly due to the difference in shocks). Not to mention the fact that it’s not my car and therefore, I don’t want to crash it! Hence my caution on the drop of the green flag and the opening laps.

At the 14:14 mark I get distracted by my abysmal lap time displaying on the dash and loose concentration for a brief moment, thus throwing it off the road in the hairpin named Off Ramp. Despite my poor driving, I still managed to pass quite a lot of the field to finished P9 overall, and first in class.

We shared the car for the 60 minute enduro and faired much better, winning 1st place overall and again first in class!
Old 12-12-2018, 01:05 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
PCA Club Racing’s Double Crown held at Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Nov 2018. This is me in Sprint Race #1:

https://youtu.be/jKg_aXVgF2Y

Due to the fact that my teammate and I were sharing her car (a 2016 GT4 Clubsport, GTD class) and alternating the driving for each session/race, we were penalized and relegated to start DFL in the two sprint races. I’d driven her car in a few races, so its not completely foreign to me, but it does handle a good bit differently than my own car (mainly due to the difference in shocks). Not to mention the fact that it’s not my car and therefore, I don’t want to crash it! Hence my caution on the drop of the green flag and the opening laps.

At the 14:14 mark I get distracted by my abysmal lap time displaying on the dash and loose concentration for a brief moment, thus throwing it off the road in the hairpin named Off Ramp. Despite my poor driving, I still managed to pass quite a lot of the field to finished P9 overall, and first in class.

We shared the car for the 60 minute enduro and faired much better, winning 1st place overall and again first in class!
cool video.. nice and clear! 14:14 nothing happened , did you mean to post another time segment?

Quick Reply: In Car Video of Double Crown held at Buttonwillow Raceway Park