Sponsored by:

Help with clubs at Lime Rock for DE

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 03:54 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

CVR is Porsche only at Lime Rock but allows other marques at non-LRP events.

That being said most of the other marques which are allowed are performance related (BMW, Corvette, etc.). Accordingly, a Miata would not generally be permitted at other track events.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:44 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
CVR is Porsche only at Lime Rock but allows other marques at non-LRP events.

That being said most of the other marques which are allowed are performance related (BMW, Corvette, etc.). Accordingly, a Miata would not generally be permitted at other track events.
So you’re saying CVR DOES allow other marques at tracks they organize events, other than their LRP events, but do not allow Miatas? Wow.

And this from a Region that was recently trying to encourage the participation of older, “vintage” less capable P-cars?

Sorry to hear that. I understand the Porsche only at CVR LRP events, but not sure why open events discriminate against one of the most popular competition cars ever made. One that in the right hands, will cause a bead of sweat on the brow of MANY lesser driven, but more capable, P-cars.

Would certainly recommend NNJR, Hudson Valley and Metro Regions, as they run great events, also.

I love CVR and think their instructor development program is one of the best, but surprised to hear this.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:50 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach

So you’re saying CVR DOES allow other marques at tracks they organize events, other than their LRP events, but do not allow Miatas? Wow.

And this from a Region that was recently trying to encourage the participation of older, “vintage” less capable P-cars?

Sorry to hear that. I understand the Porsche only at CVR LRP events, but not sure why open events discriminate against one of the most popular competition cars ever made. One that in the right hands, will cause a bead of sweat on the brow of MANY lesser driven, but more capable, P-cars.

OP, SCDA and COM are welcoming.
I could be reading Luigi's post a little differently than you did. By "other track events", I read that as other organizations track events. Of course, I am most likely wrong. I think I am reading it differently though.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:52 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I could be reading Luigi's post a little differently than you did. By "other track events", I read that as other organizations track events. Of course, I am most likely wrong. I think I am reading it differently though.
I guess that’s why I’m asking the question.

If there’s a CVR event where non-Porsches are permitted, are non-Porsches permitted?
Old 11-27-2018, 05:59 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 177 Posts

If there’s a CVR event where non-Porsches are permitted, are non-Porsches permitted?
I don't think CVR is having trouble filling their DEs and we'll know when they are when this policy changes.

But I'm also pretty sure my car has passed lots of Caymans and Boxsters in its time. Must be turboed or something.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also Hooked on Driving. We have unmuffled days
Friday - June 7, 2019 / Saturday - June 8, 2019

Luigi- I've seen Miatas pass a lot of cars at LRP
Old 11-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 995 Likes on 595 Posts

I hadn't seen CVR doing this. I know NER and Messier Dunkle ran the Vintage Days at numerous tracks last year.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:06 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

OP, SCDA and COM are welcoming.
I guess since I have always been with CVR it seems normal to me but then again it is the PORSCHE club. I was more surprised when I went to another region's events a long time ago and saw only a few Porsches.

CVR still has tons of older Porsches - both DE and racing. I take my 944 to the track a few times a year just to get my doors blown off by the Cup cars! Everyone plays nice.

Still a mystery why people get apoplectic when the Porsche Club concentrates on Porsches.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

CVR use to have many more LRP events each year. Maybe that's a factor- CVR members first ..I agree..
Old 11-27-2018, 06:12 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Ok. PCA is for Porsches, I understand that. Every Region has the ability to accept or reject entries. CVR runs a great program, and their first priority is to provide a benefit to their members, all of whom own Porsches.

Some Regions choose to accept non-P cars at their driving events. Other than an SUV ban and some prohibitions against topless cars, I was just unaware that some non-P cars, specially Miatas, were not permitted, at those Region events that DO accept non-P cars. That’s all.

Clarity, please...

Old 11-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

At Lime Rock CVR allows only Porsches to participate. The do give special dispensation to instructors if they would like to bring a different car. Their advanced DE at Watkins Glen allows certain other marques to run.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...8-and-9-a.html

Aaron
Old 11-27-2018, 06:32 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Yes, certain other marques allowed at non-LRP events.

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Also Hooked on Driving. We have unmuffled days
Friday - June 7, 2019 / Saturday - June 8, 2019

Luigi- I've seen Miatas pass a lot of cars at LRP
Yes, I have done a few Miata races. Not debating the merits of a Miata - just that CVR is Porsche only at LRP.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:58 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Driver8
At Lime Rock CVR allows only Porsches to participate. The do give special dispensation to instructors if they would like to bring a different car. Their advanced DE at Watkins Glen allows certain other marques to run.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...8-and-9-a.html

Aaron
Thank you.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Yes, certain other marques allowed at non-LRP events.

Yes, I have done a few Miata races. Not debating the merits of a Miata - just that CVR is Porsche only at LRP.
Thank you.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
I don't think CVR is having trouble filling their DEs and we'll know when they are when this policy changes.

But I'm also pretty sure my car has passed lots of Caymans and Boxsters in its time. Must be turboed or something.
Another place where Niagara Region PCA gets this right. When I went with them they split slow and fast cars but you were free to go out in either group should you so desire. I had my base 991 and felt more comfortable in slow group. In my E46M3 I would have felt ok in either group.

Quick Reply: Help with clubs at Lime Rock for DE