Sponsored by:

WGI Club Race Enduros

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 11:11 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 832 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by chartersb
A 3x points 90 minute endur ( with warm-up) on Saturday with Sprint races on Sunday.
As someone that was a bit involved* in the creation of rennpoints, you can't change just one race to be 3x points as you would basically force everyone to attend if they wanted to compete for the national championship. In the original rennpoints rules there were actually "national" races (WG and Sebring) and then a "main" race in each region (in the northeast it was Lime Rock. This was changed when PCA adopted their won national championship as if you didn't attend these two races, you had no shot at all.

*Brian P did all the work; I just helped debate some of the rules and equations with him
Old 01-22-2019, 09:01 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Rennpoints is brilliant. Such a handy tool. Was just using it a minute ago.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:13 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Add me to the list of folks not excited about a 60 minute Enduro. Much prefer a "real" 90 minute Enduro.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:12 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 105 Posts

This isn’t really a big deal in the scheme of things, but a 60 minute enduro kind of eliminates the potential to co-drive as well as everything else already mentioned. I can’t make the Saturday sprint races but was going to ask one of my SPB buddies to let me co-drive on Sunday...won’t be doing that now with a 60 minute enduro, as it’s just not worth it for what amounts to a 25 minute stint.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:36 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,394 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Originally Posted by PGas32
This isn’t really a big deal in the scheme of things, but a 60 minute enduro kind of eliminates the potential to co-drive as well as everything else already mentioned. I can’t make the Saturday sprint races but was going to ask one of my SPB buddies to let me co-drive on Sunday...won’t be doing that now with a 60 minute enduro, as it’s just not worth it for what amounts to a 25 minute stint.
Looking at Sebring's registration there are 206 primary driver's registered for the sprint and 158 registered for the enduro. That is a pretty high percentage of people doing both races?

What makes the WGI race different that they felt the need to change?

To paraphrase JD, I think this is a solution in search of a problem, and the solution is making the race less enjoyable. When have you ever heard people say "and now I don't want to drive the WGI race"?!

The real first "experiment" should have been to move the enduro to Saturday and the sprint to Sunday as others have suggested. Everyone could have lived with that.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:31 PM
91K-Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change for the sake of change? No change , most racer's I think like the way it is. travel and hotel $$ have been spent already, we are there. A 90 minute enduro makes racing a bit of a thinking game. If its not broke , don't fix it.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:18 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 91K-Man
Change for the sake of change? No change , most racer's I think like the way it is. travel and hotel $$ have been spent already, we are there. A 90 minute enduro makes racing a bit of a thinking game. If its not broke , don't fix it.
+1
Old 01-28-2019, 12:00 PM
kevin12973
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance of keeping the 90 minute Enduro and combining both run groups? I don’t know if that would be too many cars on track at once. We’ve done it at several other tracks and was a blast, and best of all we all are done by lunch. But my concern is the large number of racers the WGI brings.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:26 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin12973
Any chance of keeping the 90 minute Enduro and combining both run groups? I don’t know if that would be too many cars on track at once. We’ve done it at several other tracks and was a blast, and best of all we all are done by lunch. But my concern is the large number of racers the WGI brings.
I agree, that would be fun but ironically, in the past there have been way too many people that want to do the 90 min enduro for that to work. I guess we will see if the numbers go up or down with a shortened enduro. Maybe in 2020 it'll work and everybody can go home at 10:00 am.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:39 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,394 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin12973
I think the problem would also be the number of pit boxes available.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:01 PM
chartersb
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I think the problem would also be the number of pit boxes available.
Pit boxes have been shared before at other tracks and at other events here. Last year AER had 95 cars for a 9 hour enduro Glen.
I doubt the WGI PCA Club Race event schedule is carved in stone yet. A PCA Club Race event schedule is not official until the race steward assigned to the race approves it. Get your cards and letters into Pete for a real enduro on Sat or Sun; or both.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:37 PM
wellcoached
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default New Poll Sunday 60 vs 90

Just posted a new poll as requested by Pete. Please vote now, instead of complaining later.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:31 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Registration opens 4/15
2019 Enduro will be 60 Minutes per ClubReg
https://clubregistration.net/events/...?event_id=9898
Draft schedule: https://clubregistration.net/club_ad...eTentative.pdf

Zone 1 PCA and its regions are proud to bring Club Racing to Watkins Glen again in the 2019 Porsche Clash at the Glen. Bring your family and friends for a fun, exciting weeking of Porsche racing.

NEW this year! - Enduro races will be 60 minutes**

Friday - practice sessions, practice starts and fun races
Saturday - 2 Sprint Races for each Run Group
Sunday - 60 minute Enduro for each Run Group

**After the morning warm-up sessions, we will have three 60 minute Enduro races that will run back-to-back through the normal Watkins Glen lunch hour. This will allow for maximum participation with no refueling and drivers being able to do the whole Enduro with or without a co-driver or team support. The change also makes for an earlier finish and the ability to get home at a more reasonable time. Tentatively, the last Enduro race will end at 12:45 PM with the Pirelli Awards ceremony at 1:00 PM. The Zone 1 website, http://zone1.pca.org), has a tentative full schedule of the race weekend events and race times.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:41 AM
esscape26
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

60 minute endure at the glen, that stinks for lower horsepower cars
Old 04-10-2019, 02:21 AM
chartersb
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

So the event schedule is 2 Sprint races on Sat and a long Sprint on Sunday. Will the entry fees be reduced because of the reduced track time?

Quick Reply: WGI Club Race Enduros