Sponsored by:

Ordered Nexen SUR4Gs today

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 10:24 PM
TulaneAg
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ordered Nexen SUR4Gs today

981 BS, got my 18” Apex group buy wheels last week. RE71R fronts are back-ordered until at least Jan. Second choice RS4 rears are back ordered till who knows when. Signed up for DE on Dec 1-2 so pulled the trigger on 245/275 Nexens. I’m coming off stock 20” P-Zeros so should be a big improvement regardless. Here goes nothing...
Old 12-03-2018, 07:39 PM
TulaneAg
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ran the Nexen's this weekend...here's my feedback

So I finally got to run my 18" Apex w/ Nexen SUR4G wheels & tires this weekend at MSR Houston w/ PCA. Bottom line, I'm beyond excited...I couldn't have imagined a better introduction to high-performance tires.

In my stock 2013 Boxster S, I've previously done MSR twice and COTA once on my stock 20" wheels w/ P-Zeros and felt like I was on ice-skates most of the time. I've never had a serious track tire like an RE-71R or an R4 so I have nothing to compare the Nexen's to but they were seriously sticky compared to my P-Zeros. My best time at MSR prior to this weekend was a 2:02 and I obliterated that this weekend. The second session on Sunday I posted a 1:51.64 on my second lap to set a new PR and ran multiple 1:53-1:55 times throughout the weekend. I don't have a lot say about the Apex wheels other than they work and look good for a good price. For me, the tires were the story of the weekend. I kept pushing them trying to get them to break loose and learn their limits. I finally went into a 180 turn super hot and got some understeer but I had to really try to make that happen. They are really quiet...I got a touch of squeal out of them right before the understeer moment but otherwise I couldn't make them talk. I don't know if that's good or bad...it's just different from what I'm used to. I haven't measured treadwear from that 1 weekend so no comment on durability or longevity yet but good news is they were super sticky.

Let me know if you have questions. I'll try to check this thread and answer anything that comes up.

Quick Reply: Ordered Nexen SUR4Gs today