Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dream Track Car on BAT....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 05:45 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

$411k and Reserve Not Met.. good, hope he has to sit on it forever!
Old 10-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

GT2 RS vs Cup Car
https://www.pca.org/news/gt2rs-vs-gt3cup
Old 10-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
The SOUND of the Cup Car. The SOUND!! I would never get tired of that.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:41 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

So Bruce, for me "track car" implies track only - which no matter how good the GT2RS is, it is NOT track only. Should you be modifying your original post title to "dream car"?

Jeff
Old 10-10-2018, 10:34 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Once you drive a cup car nothing really comes close. I will be back once colleges are paid for, and weddings, and x-wives, etc. etc. etc.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:37 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,001 Posts

JLanka,

It would be track only for me. I like the thread title.

For a "street" dream car, I'd probably hop into a time machine and get a brand new 928 S4 or GTS. The S4 was the only Porsche my dad ever owned, and I remember how much I loved that car. He did too. It's the car that got me into the brand to begin with, although I didn't get my first Porsche until MY2000 (a manual Jet Black Boxster S).

That was 8 Porsches ago. I still miss that 928 he used to drive me around in. That's what's putting the "dream" in "dream car".

One of these days (or years), I will get myself a 928-not sure of the trim or MY yet. Only thing missing would be my dad in the right seat. I never did get the chance to drive him arounds in a Porsche.The 928 would be the dream car. The GT2RS would be the dream track car.

The thread title stands.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by good hands
Once you drive a cup car nothing really comes close. I will be back once colleges are paid for, and weddings, and x-wives, etc. etc. etc.
Truer words were never spoken
Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by dgrobs
JLanka,

It would be track only for me. I like the thread title.

For a "street" dream car, I'd probably hop into a time machine and get a brand new 928 S4 or GTS. The S4 was the only Porsche my dad ever owned, and I remember how much I loved that car. He did too. It's the car that got me into the brand to begin with, although I didn't get my first Porsche until MY2000 (a manual Jet Black Boxster S).

That was 8 Porsches ago. I still miss that 928 he used to drive me around in. That's what's putting the "dream" in "dream car".

One of these days (or years), I will get myself a 928-not sure of the trim or MY yet. Only thing missing would be my dad in the right seat. I never did get the chance to drive him arounds in a Porsche.The 928 would be the dream car. The GT2RS would be the dream track car.

The thread title stands.
That's because you've never driven a cup. I should let you try mine.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:45 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks JLanka, maybe I'll take you up on that one day. Very generous of you. Thanks.
In all honesty, I don't think I'm good enough yet to handle a Cup Car. I think you need to be a really good advanced track driver to handle a Cup Car properly on the track. I am not that good yet.
Also, the Cup Car is not street legal, is it? I kept my Cayman just this side of street legal so I can drive it to my shop when necessary. I am going to get right around 50 track days this season when it's all said and done, so the Cayman goes to the shop all the time during the driving season. Tires, Tech inspections, pads, camber/toe adjustments, oil changes, etc.
I don't want to have to put the car on the trailer every time I need to go to the shop, which is only 20 minutes away, and I don't trust myself to do most of this type work myself.

For now, my Cayman S track car is perfect for my track needs. Between the car platform (mid engine), the amount of seat time, and the in car instruction I am constantly seeking out and getting has helped me progress a lot this season. The GT2RS is still my dream car for the track. Maybe a ride in a Cup Car will change my mind, but for now, the dream remains the GT2RS, which is well out of my reach price wise anyway. Just a dream at this point.

The 928, well, one WILL be in my garage in the near future. Love that car.....
Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Thumbs up

Nice focus.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Thumbs up

I'm not sure what my dream car would be.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:20 AM
jlanka
Drifting

In all honesty, I don't think I'm good enough yet to handle a Cup Car. I think you need to be a really good advanced track driver to handle a Cup Car properly on the track. I am not that good yet.
If I can handle it you can handle it. The toughest part is driving it in the paddock. Once you get on track it actually gets easier, as long as you remember your fundamentals of track driving. It's a car that likes the driver to stick to the fundamentals.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:50 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlanka
If I can handle it you can handle it. The toughest part is driving it in the paddock. Once you get on track it actually gets easier, as long as you remember your fundamentals of track driving. It's a car that likes the driver to stick to the fundamentals.
I think you are over estimating my ability. I am an advanced intermediate at best.

I will take you up on your offer though if the situation arises. Thanks.

I did your regions WGI 3 day DE earlier this season, but you weren't there. Hopefully next season.

Are you doing Summit Point with Metro in November?
Old 10-11-2018, 11:54 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
I'm not sure what my dream car would be.
I know what your dream car would be.
It's a Speed Yellow GT3 with "Go Fish Racing" decals all over it.
Am I close?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:53 PM
jlanka
Drifting

I think you are over estimating my ability. I am an advanced intermediate at best.

I will take you up on your offer though if the situation arises. Thanks.

I did your regions WGI 3 day DE earlier this season, but you weren't there. Hopefully next season.

Are you doing Summit Point with Metro in November?
I will be at Summit Point. If you are getting 50 track days in one season your skill level is rising rapidly.

Quick Reply: My Dream Track Car on BAT....