Raikkonen out, Leclerc in at the Scuderia

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:49 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettel-ish
If you took Rosberg out of that Merc. Is he a #1? I dont know that I have the answer. He was solid. Hard to argue when that car was soooooo good.\

Also the "team" does not care who wins. They want the points. Constructors is all that matters.
I understand the point but I think most teams want both. They may want the constructor's championship first but the driver's championship is a close second.

Rosberg showed way more fire than Bottas and beat Hammy for the WDC. I think he was a number 1 driver.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Vettel-ish
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I understand the point but I think most teams want both. They may want the constructor's championship first but the driver's championship is a close second.

Rosberg showed way more fire than Bottas and beat Hammy for the WDC. I think he was a number 1 driver.
I would agree with that. When was the last time Bottas really fought for a win. I will say that both Kimi and Bottas race pace overall has been poor. They just dont challenge Vet or ham.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:09 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettel-ish
I would agree with that. When was the last time Bottas really fought for a win. I will say that both Kimi and Bottas race pace overall has been poor. They just dont challenge Vet or ham.
Agreed.

Bottas wins when he gets out in front and Hammy has some kind of an issue. He never has a difficult win in my opinion.

Kimi scraps a little bit more than Bottas, and is not known as being an easy guy to pass, but I think he has lost some of his mojo.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Vettel-ish
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I am excited to see how it all pans out next year.

Vet can still pull this off.. Just needs some luck from the race gods.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:22 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,904 Likes on 1,724 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
This thread begs the questions why Bottas has a seat?

Hammy is in the lead for the WDC and Bottas is behind Kimi in the standings. If Kimi lost his seat why is no one talking about Bottas?
I think the answer was earlier this season when Bottas practically threw his race away to fend off the charging Ferrari's and give Lewis his race wins. That, IMO, earned him his new contract extension. IMO, Bottas is an average driver who occasionally gets it right and will win, but he's in the best overall car and has been for 2 years. He did JUST ENOUGH to get his contract extension and now he's pretty much off the podium.

Kimi's problem is that Vettel out qualifies him consistently AND he loses spots at the start of the race. By the time he makes up those spots he's lost at the beginning of the race, it's too late to protect Vettel's backside. There I believe is where Bottas earned Hamilton at least 2 race wins this year.

If Leclerc is just as fast or faster than Vettel next year in qualifying, watch out... There could be a reversal of #1 and #2 designations (Think 2014 when Ricciardo came up from Toro Rosso and beat Vettel up pretty badly in the Red Bull.)

Quick Reply: Raikkonen out, Leclerc in at the Scuderia