Sponsored by:

Favorite Race tracks in the US

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:17 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Glad to see Hallett get the recognition it deserves. Sad that TWS is no longer around to be on the list where it deserved to be also. The order in which they are listed makes little sense to me, but I know everyone’s list would be different to some extent.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadeye
Just spent 3 days at Club Motorsports in Tamworth NH with NCR PCA. Fantastic new track with huge elevation changes and variety of 15 challenging corners in 2-1/2 miles of 40' wide new asphalt. Much more run off than Palmer and armco instead of jersey barriers. Once the infrastructure is completed it will become a favorite. Hopefully they will continue to allow club rentals going forward. We did get a commitment from them for next next year. We shall see.
Agree! Now that I've driven Club Motorsports a few times, I rate this is as my favorite New England track. Those of you outside the region really ought to make the trip to NH at some point to drive this awesome new track.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:25 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Glad to see Hallett get the recognition it deserves. Sad that TWS is no longer around to be on the list where it deserved to be also. The order in which they are listed makes little sense to me, but I know everyone’s list would be different to some extent.
Missing TWS ...
Old 09-12-2018, 09:04 PM
basil2000
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
Any in car video?

That new track looks amazing
this was from my 1st time at club motorsports last year. The club i drive with couldn’t work out a date this year but hope they can for next year. So far my favorite track i have driven. Tons of elevation changes along with some great turn combos.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is a great drone video of the Club Motorsports track during last weekend's NCR PCA event. My car is somewhere in that video.

Facebook Post
Old 09-13-2018, 01:28 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

8-9-10 are my top 3.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:28 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 777 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
We've raced with PCA at 15 of the 17 tracks. Good list, but the order is wrong.
The Glen and Rd America are at the top. Laguna Seca probably #3.
Lime Rock? He must be kidding. Certainly Mosport in that slot.
From a racer's perspective, I don't see Laguna Seca at #3. I am not even sure if it is the third best track in California. Sears Point is easily the best track in the state. Thunderhill is better than Laguna Seca too. Even Buttonwillow is more interesting than Laguna Seca.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:47 AM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
From a racer's perspective, I don't see Laguna Seca at #3. I am not even sure if it is the third best track in California. Sears Point is easily the best track in the state. Thunderhill is better than Laguna Seca too. Even Buttonwillow is more interesting than Laguna Seca.
I think there's more passing opportunity at LS than the other 2.
Sears is hella fun, but that 180 before the front straight takes it out of the picture. Thunderhill is also a good track, but a lot of single file there.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by basil2000

this was from my 1st time at club motorsports last year. The club i drive with couldn’t work out a date this year but hope they can for next year. So far my favorite track i have driven. Tons of elevation changes along with some great turn combos.

https://youtu.be/myTLLWxgM2Q
We have a comittment from the track for a 3 day event early next September and are working on a possible spring event. We also admit marques other than Porsche. So look for it at NCR-PCA events early next year. It will fill up.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:58 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

COTA should not be that high. TWS should be on there (in remembrance)
Old 09-13-2018, 12:59 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

If you're doing remembrance then The Bridge should also place.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:36 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 777 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
I think there's more passing opportunity at LS than the other 2.
Sears is hella fun, but that 180 before the front straight takes it out of the picture. Thunderhill is also a good track, but a lot of single file there.
Really? I think Laguna Seca has the fewest passing opportunities...at least with near equal cars. Turn 11 at Sears Point is a great corner where a lot of action happens. Like Turn 2 at Laguna Seca, it is a place to make a pass and there are multiple lines that work well.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Laguna Seca. Heck, it 45 minutes from my home. But, for me, it not as fun to to drive on or race on as Sears Point and Thunderhill...these tracks are more technical and have more variety than Laguna Seca.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:06 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Mid-o!!!!!!
Driving 11 hours from home to the OVR event in a couple weeks. Worth every mile and hour in the truck.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:28 AM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts

Rumor has it that Mid O will be resurfaced in the next couple of years. This would address the main issue of the track being almost undriveable in the wet.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:29 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Really? I think Laguna Seca has the fewest passing opportunities...at least with near equal cars. Turn 11 at Sears Point is a great corner where a lot of action happens. Like Turn 2 at Laguna Seca, it is a place to make a pass and there are multiple lines that work well.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Laguna Seca. Heck, it 45 minutes from my home. But, for me, it not as fun to to drive on or race on as Sears Point and Thunderhill...these tracks are more technical and have more variety than Laguna Seca.
I dont know if I agree. racing with cars with equal performance, so passes are made possible by traffic, or setting up your competitor: Laguna has turn 5, 8 and 2 (the exit out of 11 sometimes). Sears has 5, 7 and 11. so i think they are pretty even. Thunderhill has turn 1, 10 and 13.. With either braking or power differences there becomes others.

the reason that laguna is the best rated is its hard to compare with a track with a rollercoster ride down the corkscrew and the flowing nature of the track. However a agree, there are some that are more challenging and faster and i enjoy them too. From a racer perspective, i would choose laguna, because my car doesnt light tight tracks, if i had YOUR car, or one of those hot TCdesign BMWs, i would prefer Sonoma.

Tracks are ALL fun! Ive only gone to half the list and would know, by seeing the videos, that the others might be just as good. all have great characteristics.

Quick Reply: Favorite Race tracks in the US