Metro PCA at The Glen 8/24, 8/25, & 8/26

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:11 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,220 Posts

Originally Posted by wwlee
haha - good catch!

I'm staying at Country Inn because my friend has either a deep discount or points. Hampton was the favorite amongst the hotels I've stayed at in the area, but Marc mentioned he likes the Marriott branded hotels there, which is probably a better choice. I think Courtyard is cheaper than Hampton, and they're typically a higher end product (though you don't get free breakfast). I'll try to call again tomorrow late afternoon to see if there are any updates.

Will be a pleasure to meeting you in person!
Just booked the Courtyard Marriott in Horseheads for all 3 nights.
Looking forward to meeting everyone as well...
Old 08-21-2018, 09:57 AM
wwlee
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Latest from Village of Watkins Glen website

*08.21.18 UPDATE: BOIL WATER ADVISORY is in effect as of August 16, 2018 until at least Friday, August 24, 2018. Water samples are being tested Tuesday, August 21, 2018 and the results take two days. Water Districts Affected: Village of Watkins Glen, Town of Dix and Town of Reading * Bring water to a rolling boil for one minute and cool before using. Boil Water Information

http://www.watkinsglen.us/
Old 08-21-2018, 10:03 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Man, that sucks--could make for a pretty funky shower in the morning....hope they get it sorted soon.

Gary
Old 08-21-2018, 10:04 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Latest from Village of Watkins Glen website

*08.21.18 UPDATE: BOIL WATER ADVISORY is in effect as of August 16, 2018 until at least Friday, August 24, 2018. Water samples are being tested Tuesday, August 21, 2018 and the results take two days. Water Districts Affected: Village of Watkins Glen, Town of Dix and Town of Reading * Bring water to a rolling boil for one minute and cool before using. Boil Water Information

http://www.watkinsglen.us/
Thats not good. Glad I booked in HH.
Will this have any effect on the DE?
I still haven’t gotten any schedules or event info, so I’m hoping this is not because of the water issues and the event itself being in question. Not sure how the water issues would affect our DE, but has anyone heard anything concerning the DE?
I know the Phish show was cancelled at the track. Is the DE in any danger of the same thing happening because of the water issues in Dix? Can someone from Metro chime in ?
Thanks for any info.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:15 AM
wwlee
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Note that I’m not part of the event organizer group, but I wouldn’t be too concerned of the event being cancelled yet. Last year they sent the schedule the Tuesday night before the event - so nothing new with waiting so long. Looks like people are still being added onto the roster as of yesterday and parts of the he state park is still open.

The precautions I’m taking is to bring my own water from home (dunno how hard it will be to buy water), bring hand sanitizers (after washing hands at bathroom), and have breakfast/dinner at HH and possibly bring my own lunch at least Friday. That in itself is probably overkill.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:34 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Note that I’m not part of the event organizer group, but I wouldn’t be too concerned of the event being cancelled yet. Last year they sent the schedule the Tuesday night before the event - so nothing new with waiting so long. Looks like people are still being added onto the roster as of yesterday and parts of the he state park is still open.

The precautions I’m taking is to bring my own water from home (dunno how hard it will be to buy water), bring hand sanitizers (after washing hands at bathroom), and have breakfast/dinner at HH and possibly bring my own lunch at least Friday. That in itself is probably overkill.
You're a real Boy Scout. Good on you.
Maybe we can hook up for a dinner and drinks back in HH one night. I have a couple friends who will be there as well.
You gonna be at the track to drop off on Thursday afternoon/evening?
Old 08-21-2018, 05:59 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 149 Posts

*08.21.18 UPDATE: BOIL WATER ADVISORY is in effect as of August 16, 2018 until at least Friday, August 24, 2018. Water samples are being tested Tuesday, August 21, 2018 and the results take two days. Water Districts Affected: Village of Watkins Glen, Town of Dix and Town of Reading * Bring water to a rolling boil for one minute and cool before using.

I haven't spoken to Henry and have heard nothing official, but wgi guest services told me they're open/bring your own water. Darryl confirmed the Seneca has well water. (If you ask nice, Darryl will offer pb&j sandwiches for lunch).
Old 08-22-2018, 12:43 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Schedule is out:

Yellow/Blue running together.
White/Black running together.

Edit : Drop-off after 6pm Thursday....

Edit X 2: Boil Water advisory still in effect, so bring your own bottled water, and lots of it....
Old 08-26-2018, 10:44 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks to Metro for a well run event.
Weather was great all 3 days.
Saw some old friends and made a whole bunch of new ones.
All 12 sessions (for me) were wonderful with (for the most part) very good driving etiquette on the part of all the drivers I was on track with.
Thanks again to Metro for a great 3 days.
G, you still owe me that espresso.....

Edit: I was consistently beating my best lap times all weekend long. Lots of clean laps had a lot to do with that.
I never got below 2:19 before this weekend, but I was running 2:15's to 2:16's all 3 days with you guys.
I know those are ****ty lap times, but for me, they were really good. It felt good knowing I had taken another step forward. I still suck, but I think I am sucking just a little bit less these days...
Thanks again to the Metro folks who put this event on. Great time, great friends, and great weather. What's better than that?....
Old 08-26-2018, 10:58 PM
Rhythmaddict
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Thanks to Metro for a well run event.
Weather was great all 3 days.
Saw some old friends and made a whole bunch of new ones.
All 12 sessions (for me) were wonderful with (for the most part) very good driving etiquette on the part of all the drivers I was on track with.
Thanks again to Metro for a great 3 days.
G, you still owe me that espresso.....

Edit: I was consistently beating my best lap times all weekend long. Lots of clean laps had a lot to do with that.
I never got below 2:19 before this weekend, but I was running 2:15's to 2:16's all 3 days with you guys.
I know those are ****ty lap times, but for me, they were really good. It felt good knowing I had taken another step forward. I still suck, but I think I am sucking just a little bit less these days...
Thanks again to the Metro folks who put this event on. Great time, great friends, and great weather. What's better than that?....
I second the thanks. Great weekend, great weather. Lots of respectful driving. Looking forward to the next event !
Old 08-27-2018, 01:44 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

I am pretty sure this was about the best 3 days at WGI I ever had. Great weather and great folks.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:46 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I am pretty sure this was about the best 3 days at WGI I ever had. Great weather and great folks.
The first time I ran with Metro was as a mentor in 2012 at Watkins Glen and I've been running with them at Watkins Glen since and always have had a very good experience and met several friends. This weekend was as expected plus great weather. Here's a short video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0zqxjc-GGU&t=15s
Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
The first time I ran with Metro was as a mentor in 2012 at Watkins Glen and I've been running with them at Watkins Glen since and always have had a very good experience and met several friends. This weekend was as expected plus great weather. Here's a short video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0zqxjc-GGU&t=15s
Very smooth Bill. Thanks for posting.

Jeff
Old 08-28-2018, 06:07 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlanka
Very smooth Bill. Thanks for posting.

Jeff
No doubt. I can only hope to ever drive like that.

Was kinda hoping to hang with you up there J. Sorry the schedules didn’t jive.
Maybe next time.

Quick Reply: Metro PCA at The Glen 8/24, 8/25, & 8/26