Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMP One-S1 Suit Excellence!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018 | 10:10 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

I recently borrowed an OMP S1 and must say it was much cooler and more comfortable than my old suit.
Old 07-20-2018 | 10:12 AM
Scooby921
Racer

Does anyone know if more affordable, entry level suits can be customized? I only do HPDE's, and trust that my road car isn't going to burst into flames, but one can never be too safe. I am debating a proper driving suit over just buying flame resistant base layers. Still, I'm slightly over weight with tree trunks for legs. Looking at OMP's size charts I need a Large for my chest, XL for my waist, and an XXL for my thighs.
Old 07-20-2018 | 10:18 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scooby921
Does anyone know if more affordable, entry level suits can be customized? I only do HPDE's, and trust that my road car isn't going to burst into flames, but one can never be too safe. I am debating a proper driving suit over just buying flame resistant base layers. Still, I'm slightly over weight with tree trunks for legs. Looking at OMP's size charts I need a Large for my chest, XL for my waist, and an XXL for my thighs.
Work with someone like Clark and Linda. They know the manufacturers, fit, and what works. Then it's trying some on and seeing how it goes.

I have a Necksgen. I don't like the fit if the Hans in my car and this sits lower under your helmet.
Old 07-20-2018 | 11:43 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Have you tried a Stand21 suit before? Curious how the 2 stack up in the high $$ custom suit market.
I looked at Alpinestar, Sparco, OMP and Stand21; examining zippers, stitching quality (inside & out) and for use & placement of bar-tacks. The Alpinestar, OMP and Stand21 were all very good, with a slight edge going to OMP over Stand21 in neatness of the stitching and over the Alpinestar in breath-ability. Sparco was a step lower. My first suit was an Alpinestar GP-Pro or Tech? A middle weight suit when I got it. It is very sturdy, but heavy and not breathable compared to the One-S, so is now my colder day suit

Quick Reply: OMP One-S1 Suit Excellence!