Sirotkin
0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

British grand Prix - Who Will Win

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,798 Likes on 2,196 Posts

Fun race, really enjoyed it. Top-level racecraft was definitely on display.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton's character, but willing to cut him a bit of slack now and then, given that his hypercompetitive attitude and semi-pathological desire to win sort of fits what he does for a living.

Last edited by Manifold; 07-10-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:30 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/07...-take-the-bus/

Now at 31-years of age Vettel knows little other than a life mixed with the inevitable glare of Formula 1 and the self-imposed exile of his private life, “Obviously F1 is a big part of my life but it is not the most important thing. It is not who I am, it is what I do.
They are linked but it is important there is a lot of time where it doesn’t define who I am.”“I don’t feel special because of what I do for a job. It is part of me, my identity but it would be the wrong answer if I asked myself: ‘Who are you?’ and I said: ‘I am an F1 driver.’ I am a lot of other things as well. It doesn’t define me as a person.
”Vettel lives in Switzerland with Hanna Prater with whom he has two daughters, Emilie (4) and Matilda (3) who are seldom at the races and when they do attend they avoid the paddock and sit in the stands.“I am happy to do things that people think are boring but for me they are not, being at home, mowing the lawn. I cook, not so good, but from time to time. I do the school run, I go shopping, I take the metro and the bus.”
“I am sportsman, I am not celebrity. So when I go somewhere and somebody recognises me I think they are interested in sport and not in how I do my hair, or which shoes I am wearing or that bollocks.”
Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

The Red Bulls had no chance on that track. Losing a second just on the straights. Add that to a number of corners that can be taken flat out in these cars...toast.
Vettel did what he does best. Got out in front and controlled the race from there.

Quick Reply: British grand Prix - Who Will Win