British grand Prix - Who Will Win

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 06:59 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
Great race. I love Ham I do. I have his swag. He’s the best F1 driver out there. But he’s also a punk *** arrogant loud mouth who’s gong to get slammed someday. Leaving the post grid interview was pure obnoxious self loathing. He needs to grow up
i figured declining to participate in the interview was better than saying something in the heat of the moment that he would regret.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:18 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
i figured declining to participate in the interview was better than saying something in the heat of the moment that he would regret.
Agreed. Of course, worse than walking away and regaining composure, he could have dipped into Seb's bag of excuses from the last couple of years.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

I posted below in OT by accident... my thoughts:

________

Great race. Didn't love the MB pouting though, some of which hinted at the turn one spin being an actual Ferrari 'tactic'. Come on...

Kimi got a harsh 10 second penalty, admitted he deserved it, and Hamilton drove well and ended finishing in front of him. Not much to complain about there.

Vettel had Hamilton beat in the first 5 seconds of the race and never really looked back. If MB wants to win from pole, they need to have better starts and not have everyone tripping over them in the first corners...

MB strategy to not pit under the SC was also suspect - staying out on old tires for position clearly wasn't a great idea, esp. for Bottas...

Loved the action and some pretty ballsy passes. I'd say everyone at the front ended up where they belonged in the end. Hamilton only seems to be 'gracious' when he wins, not cool.

Cheers

Matt
Old 07-08-2018, 08:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,106 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe

Originally Posted by JTT
Agreed. Of course, worse than walking away and regaining composure, he could have dipped into Seb's bag of excuses from the last couple of years.
I've acted less than gracious after a race where I thought I was "wronged" but I am an amateur. I've also learned my lesson. How long has Hammy been doing this? As a professional? I think it speaks to who he is inside.

All that being said, that is probably the difference between Hammy and someone like Bottas. When you see someone like Vettel, Hammy or Verstappen coming up on Bottas, do you really think he has a chance? Bottas is very talented but he lacks something, perhaps the aggression or arrogance, that keeps some guys at the pointy end.

Ricciardo seems to be one of the few that can do both.

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
I posted below in OT by accident... my thoughts:

________

Great race. Didn't love the MB pouting though, some of which hinted at the turn one spin being an actual Ferrari 'tactic'. Come on...

Kimi got a harsh 10 second penalty, admitted he deserved it, and Hamilton drove well and ended finishing in front of him. Not much to complain about there.

Vettel had Hamilton beat in the first 5 seconds of the race and never really looked back. If MB wants to win from pole, they need to have better starts and not have everyone tripping over them in the first corners...

MB strategy to not pit under the SC was also suspect - staying out on old tires for position clearly wasn't a great idea, esp. for Bottas...

Loved the action and some pretty ballsy passes. I'd say everyone at the front ended up where they belonged in the end. Hamilton only seems to be 'gracious' when he wins, not cool.

Cheers

Matt
+1
Old 07-08-2018, 08:49 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

You know, Hamster can complain all he wants about Kimi, but the only one to blame is himself. He got a wretched start which put him in that predicament. Point the finger at yourself and don't skip out on the interviews when things don't go your way like a little baby Hamster.

I remember a couple of years ago someone saying that Seb wins all his races by being out front and doesn't know how to overtake. Say what? Did you see that one? That was an awesome pass. Even he said he didn't know if it was going to work.

I'm really continuing to stay excited about LeClerc. Wow. He was fighting for 7th when he had the bad luck hit him. In a freaking Sauber!

That was a great race. Probably the best one that we'll see this season. That last segment where the two Ferrari's were battling with the Mercs and the Red Bull's in there too was just incredible. Loved it. Loved the outcome.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

Toto was a bit pissy in the post race interview as well. 100% agree, hamster had a ****e start which put him in a bad spot. kimi drove more aggressive than i have seen. he gets shat on for not being so, then the same for being a bit more aggressive. i thought dani ric was getting it together for a run a couple races ago, then he has kind of faded. i think merc hosed bottas by not bringing him in for tires. classier post race than his team mate....
Old 07-09-2018, 01:08 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas

My guess is that HAM (well, his PR people) will back down from his comment and say he didn’t mean it and it was a heat of the moment frustration.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.... Mercedes doubled down their stupidity with Toto Wolff saying that the behavior of the two Ferrari drivers over the past 2 races was either deliberate or incompetence...... There's still 11 races left in the season, 275 possible points... makes no sense. And does it make any sense for title contender Vettel to take out Bottas in France? Mercedes is tightening up because they've never had this type of competition in the past 5 years. Having a car that is over 1 second a lap faster than the 2nd closest car will do that...
Old 07-09-2018, 06:57 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I've acted less than gracious after a race where I thought I was "wronged" but I am an amateur. I've also learned my lesson. How long has Hammy been doing this? As a professional? I think it speaks to who he is inside.
I think the guy who came out classiest was Kimi. Owned up to mistake and punishment, no whining, no excuses.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:48 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Pos Team Pts
1 Ferrari 287
2 Mercedes 267
3 Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer 199
4 Renault 70
5 Haas Ferrari 51
6 Force India Mercedes 49
7 McLaren Renault 48
8 Scuderia Toro Rosso Honda 19
9 Sauber Ferrari 16
10 Williams 4
Old 07-09-2018, 02:21 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 289 Posts

Watching those 4 guys on the final laps after the last restart actually gave me chills--simply fantastic.....and the fact that it was at a classic track like Silverstone with all that speed made it even better.

Gary
Old 07-09-2018, 02:23 PM
seanseidman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Watching those 4 guys on the final laps after the last restart actually gave me chills--simply fantastic.....and the fact that it was at a classic track like Silverstone with all that speed made it even better.

Gary
Gary, I felt the same way!
As well as secretly a bit of a chuckle to see VER spin.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:36 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by seanseidman
Gary, I felt the same way!
As well as secretly a bit of a chuckle to see VER spin.
Yeah, obviously a very talented, very b........rave driver but he's been living right, too......he had it coming

Gary
......speaking of bravery, great to see Kimi turn back the clock also. When he said over the radio "I have no front end" I could relate, as in my Mini I almost never have any front end
Old 07-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Read this article: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...kkonen-apology
Basically HAM and Toto have taken back what they said. At least that's how I interpret it.

These are HAM's quotes on Instagram:

"Kimi said sorry and I accept it and we move on.

It was a racing incident and nothing more.

Sometimes we say dumb **** and we learn from it".
Old 07-09-2018, 08:04 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I’m not a big HAM fan. Can take him or leave him. But when I watched him get out of the car after winning the pole, and his hands were shaking, it demonstrated to me how difficult it was, and how much it mattered to him. That makes me give him some slack when things go wrong and he says stupid stuff. I prefer Kimi’s attitude much better, but I can’t honestly say I could act like Kimi myself.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Kimi's wife posts, "If you cry like a girl when you lose, do ballet. Just saying."

OMG, Kimi's wife is just like Kimi. LOL.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...lverstone-jibe

Quick Reply: British grand Prix - Who Will Win