Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CHICANE INCIDENT TODAY AT WGI CTSC WITH TEAM TGM AND BODY MOTION?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 01:12 AM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts
Default CHICANE INCIDENT TODAY AT WGI CTSC WITH TEAM TGM AND BODY MOTION?

ANYONE KNOW, SEE WHAT HAPPENED? APPARENTLY HEAVY . TED IS OK. I THINK THE TGM CAR IS TOAST...HAVE NOT HEARD STATUS OF BM DRIVER..

VIDEO?

THANKS . FRANK
Old 06-30-2018, 10:52 AM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

I heard similar. Driver is ok. Car is not. Looking for details.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts

Can we see race online?
Old 06-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
Can we see race online?
yes - on the IMSA app
Old 06-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,904 Likes on 981 Posts

and broadcast tomorrow 9:30-4:00 on FS1
Old 06-30-2018, 02:21 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

IMSA News only mentions 4 car. Does anyone have any more information?
In what was a dramatic qualifying session for the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Grand Sport (GS) class, Brett Sandberg wound up atop the leaderboard for Saturday’s Continental Tire 240 at Watkins Glen International with a last-lap flyer in the No. 80 AWA Ford Mustang GT4.

The 15-minute qualifying session was put under a red flag due to an incident with the No. 4 Team TGM Mercedes-AMG GT4 before all but two cars were able to record qualifying laps. The session restarted with five minutes remaining, giving drivers two last chances at the Motul Pole Award.

At the end, Sandberg bested the field with a time of one minute, 56.454 (105.105 mph) for his first Continental Tire Challenge pole.

“Those are tricky conditions with only getting two laps,” said Sandberg, who co-drives the No. 80 Ford with Martin Barkey. “I knew the car had a mid-56 in it, so I really just tried my best to be consistent and not let that red flag play with my mind too much. The guys did an amazing job, the car was flawless. I couldn’t have asked for a better car.”

Leading the TCR class to the green for Saturday’s race will be Pierre Kleinubing in the No. 75 Compass Racing Audi RS3 LMS. While Compass Racing has taken each Motul Pole Award to date in the class this year, this is the first for the No. 75 and Kleinubing, who co-drives with Roy Block.

“How many hours our guys work on this thing, it’s an unbelievable effort,” said Kleinubing, whose lap time was 1:58.028 (103.704 mph). “My job is easy, I show up with the helmet and I get to drive it and complain about it. They’ve got to go back and do a lot of development and a lot of work. We tested here about a month ago and at Mosport, so we’ve been putting a lot of effort into it and it shows.”

Kleinubing’s last Continental Tire Challenge pole coincidentally came in another four-hour race, last year at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. The No. 75 went on to win that race and Kleinubing hopes his pole today is a good omen for a repeat performance.

“I think the car is good and if we have a little luck going our way, that’s what we need to win one of these,” Kleinubing said.

In the Street Tuner (ST) class, it was Devin Jones in the No. 81 BimmerWorld Racing BMW 328i posting the fastest lap with a time of 2:06.883 (96.466 mph). This was Jones’ second pole of the season and BimmerWorld’s third, as Jones’ co-driver Nick Galante led the ST field to green at Mid-Ohio.

“This BMW is hooked up this weekend,” said Jones, who has also competed at Watkins Glen in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. “The BimmerWorld guys are the best in the business. This car all season has been an honor to drive. It’s been fast everywhere we went. We’ve had a little bit of bad luck here and there, but we’re hoping that’s behind us. Nick has been running really strong and the crew guys are doing great.”

The four-hour Continental Tire 240 goes green at 1:55 p.m. and will be streamed live on IMSA.tv and can be heard via IMSA Radio coverage on IMSA.com and RadioLeMans.com.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:22 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

tomorrow is the big enduro w the Dpi and GT cars i believe. Today was the conti race.

Quick Reply: CHICANE INCIDENT TODAY AT WGI CTSC WITH TEAM TGM AND BODY MOTION?