Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car prep and test support in the Southeast

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018 | 03:14 PM
fullofdays
Intermediate

Default Car prep and test support in the Southeast

I am based in Charlotte NC and need to find a good race shop to help me prep my car with track support for testing. Does anyone have a recommendation? I'm coming up blank.
Old 06-22-2018 | 09:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Actually, what kind of car? That will influence who is recommended.
Old 06-23-2018 | 09:41 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

I live just outside of Charlotte. If you are talking about club racing, Autometrics in Charleston SC is the best, closest place. I have used them for 10 years to service and maintain cup cars. If you are just doing track days, no racing, GMP on Pressley road is getting into this non-racing level of support and I hear they do a pretty good job. Lastly - as a self serving comment - if you need tires or just a track alignment - call or visit Tread Connection . I am an owner here (I'm retired but this is a passive investment as an enthusiast) and we can order and install at your home. Thx
Old 06-23-2018 | 02:47 PM
fullofdays
Intermediate

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll reach out to GMP and Autometrics. I'm taking delivery of a Superlite Aero - LMP inspired track car and am looking for support testing and developing the car for time attack. http://superlitecars.com/aero/
Old 06-23-2018 | 10:12 PM
turbo8765
Rennlist Member

2nd the rec for Autometrics.
Old 06-24-2018 | 09:10 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fullofdays
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll reach out to GMP and Autometrics. I'm taking delivery of a Superlite Aero - LMP inspired track car and am looking for support testing and developing the car for time attack. http://superlitecars.com/aero/
You are going to want to talk to autometrics for that level of car prep and setup. They can help with data and are also glad to get data to an external coach if needed.
Old 06-24-2018 | 09:46 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Autometrics is a recognized leader in Porsche race car prep and support, as are Goldcrest in Atlanta, Bodymotion in New Jersey, 901 Shop in Florida, CPT in Chicago and many, many others. This is NOT a P-car...

The Superlite "inspired" track car really requires specialized knowledge and experience, because much of the chassis engineering, and getting the car to "work" the way the driver wants, must be done by the shop you choose, and you don't want to be paying people, even competent ones, to learn on your dime. I suggest you call or contact Mike Skeen, a professional driver and coach who lives in Charlotte and has experience making SLC's WORK, for a local reference and more information about who he might recommend to help you with this project. Would save a lot of time and hassle.

Charlotte/Mooresville area is FILLED with shops capable of this type of project, you just need to tap into the network that has experience with this type of car. Just my experience...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-24-2018 | 09:53 AM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Originally Posted by fullofdays
That looks like a LOT of fun!!
Bill

Quick Reply: Car prep and test support in the Southeast