Sponsored by:

Thanks Niagara PCA

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 08:45 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Default Thanks Niagara PCA

A quick word of thanks to NRPCA for putting on yet another great 2 day event at The Glen yesterday and Monday.
I cannot say enough about this region's penchant for teaching and learning. They truly seem to want their students to learn and excel. Very unique, at least in my book,
The on track exercises, the instructors jumping into our cars with no warning before pitting out, the great coaching, all of it.
Great weather both days (we really dodged a bullet there-not a drop of rain the whole time) and a great bunch of people to be at the track with.
Great to see some old friends and make a whole bunch of new ones as well. Great couple of days for sure.
Thanks again NRPCA and we'll see ya back at The Glen in a couple of weeks. Can't wait...
Old 05-30-2018, 09:37 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
A quick word of thanks to NRPCA for putting on yet another great 2 day event at The Glen yesterday and Monday.
I cannot say enough about this region's penchant for teaching and learning. They truly seem to want their students to learn and excel. Very unique, at least in my book,
The on track exercises, the instructors jumping into our cars with no warning before pitting out, the great coaching, all of it.
Great weather both days (we really dodged a bullet there-not a drop of rain the whole time) and a great bunch of people to be at the track with.
Great to see some old friends and make a whole bunch of new ones as well. Great couple of days for sure.
Thanks again NRPCA and we'll see ya back at The Glen in a couple of weeks. Can't wait...

+1

I was there also....in the red GT4...I think we ran together a few times
Old 05-30-2018, 10:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,709 Posts

The Region does a fantastic job with this event!
Old 05-30-2018, 11:01 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
+1

I was there also....in the red GT4...I think we ran together a few times
I think we did. I was running in Black (Solo Stock). Yellow 981S with Black Striping.

I think I may have remembered a Red GT4 as it flew by me. If that was you, that was some pretty sweet driving on your part.

I'll be back up there with you guys again 6/13 and 6/14. If you're there, introduce yourself. My car # is 694. I'll keep an eye open for you as well.

Great couple of days for sure. I saw the Metro guys coming in as we were leaving. They're there for a couple days right now. When I first registered for this event, I remember asking my wife if it was ok for me to do both events and stay up there all week. In the immortal words of Levon Helm,"No" was all she said.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:53 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

I think we did. I was running in Black (Solo Stock). Yellow 981S with Black Striping.

I think I may have remembered a Red GT4 as it flew by me. If that was you, that was some pretty sweet driving on your part.

I'll be back up there with you guys again 6/13 and 6/14. If you're there, introduce yourself. My car # is 694. I'll keep an eye open for you as well.

Great couple of days for sure. I saw the Metro guys coming in as we were leaving. They're there for a couple days right now. When I first registered for this event, I remember asking my wife if it was ok for me to do both events and stay up there all week. In the immortal words of Levon Helm,"No" was all she said.

Yes, that was me
I remember your car for sure!...hard to miss that Racing Yellow (see avatar)
I am up again 6/13-14 also and CVR a few days after that... hopefully the weather will be as good!
I'm bringing my wife for the next event... it's the least I could do for our 25th anniversary
Old 05-31-2018, 10:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,487 Likes on 787 Posts

Great group of folks!!!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:29 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, that was me
Oh, so that was you!! Great driving!

Your GR GT4 was pretty much the only car that passed me in Black/Solo at the event. I gave you a point-by because I was held up by the car in front of me, but then I couldn't stay with you at all!! I'd see you waving in and out of traffic way in front of me (e.g. near the end of back straight as I was coming out of the esses), then you disappeared never to be seen again... lol. Even that 991 GT3 RS I could keep within sight after giving a point-by, but not you. Great driving! I came over at one point to say hi but didn't see you with the car.

BTW, why were you running in Black/Solo with Pirelli slicks on? I think you'd have had more fun in Red/Solo+. Much less traffic there..

Question: did your car feel a little loose at the event at all? My car was wild and loose at the limit and it hadn't felt like that at PittRace. Wondering if it was my car, the heat, tires, track surface, or what. Left tires were beginning to cord on outer edges but my mechanic tells me that the inner edges were down to actual cords (they weren't like that Monday night). Wondering if I was running tire pressures too low if both inner and outer edges are cording.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Rob996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you combine great people who love the sport , automatically will attract a sensational array of drivers..

Congrats to the entire team at NCPCA..
Old 06-01-2018, 09:35 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Oh, so that was you!! Great driving!

Your GR GT4 was pretty much the only car that passed me in Black/Solo at the event. I gave you a point-by because I was held up by the car in front of me, but then I couldn't stay with you at all!! I'd see you waving in and out of traffic way in front of me (e.g. near the end of back straight as I was coming out of the esses), then you disappeared never to be seen again... lol. Even that 991 GT3 RS I could keep within sight after giving a point-by, but not you. Great driving! I came over at one point to say hi but didn't see you with the car.

BTW, why were you running in Black/Solo with Pirelli slicks on? I think you'd have had more fun in Red/Solo+. Much less traffic there..

Question: did your car feel a little loose at the event at all? My car was wild and loose at the limit and it hadn't felt like that at PittRace. Wondering if it was my car, the heat, tires, track surface, or what. Left tires were beginning to cord on outer edges but my mechanic tells me that the inner edges were down to actual cords (they weren't like that Monday night). Wondering if I was running tire pressures too low if both inner and outer edges are cording.
yeah I talked to Rich DeAsis about which group (since I normally run in Red/Black+ with slicks or Hoosiers) and he said it was up to me — I had pretty worn Cup 2’s on the first day (thought it would rain so didn’t want to swap tires 2 or 3 times that weekend) , so didn’t want to slow the pace in the “faster” group—I did end up switching groups in the afternoon of the second day and did indeed have a much better run with some spirited driving with the two race Caymans (Gulf and Martini livery cars) as well as the white 996 Cup and Supercup cars.

much faster lap times then because of tires and little to no traffic and appropriate point bus in that group

the traffic in the regular solo solo group was pretty ridiculous and many drivers not anticipating such high closing speeds so lost a lot of time waiting in point by’s😫

anyway it it was a great weekend and am back again 6/13-14

i also has cording in the front left cup2 tire after day one, so I figured I should swap out to Pirelli DH’s, so it probably wasn’t your car but maybe a more aggressive track alignment would help??
Old 06-09-2018, 12:55 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

yeah I talked to Rich DeAsis about which group (since I normally run in Red/Black+ with slicks or Hoosiers) and he said it was up to me — I had pretty worn Cup 2’s on the first day (thought it would rain so didn’t want to swap tires 2 or 3 times that weekend) , so didn’t want to slow the pace in the “faster” group—I did end up switching groups in the afternoon of the second day and did indeed have a much better run with some spirited driving with the two race Caymans (Gulf and Martini livery cars) as well as the white 996 Cup and Supercup cars.

much faster lap times then because of tires and little to no traffic and appropriate point bus in that group

the traffic in the regular solo solo group was pretty ridiculous and many drivers not anticipating such high closing speeds so lost a lot of time waiting in point by’s😫

anyway it it was a great weekend and am back again 6/13-14

i also has cording in the front left cup2 tire after day one, so I figured I should swap out to Pirelli DH’s, so it probably wasn’t your car but maybe a more aggressive track alignment would help??
Ah, yes, the closing speeds. I hear ya. Traffic management was very good (I thought) in Red group though, so much more fun there.

I've since gotten more negative camber and will experiment with new tires.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:52 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Ah, yes, the closing speeds. I hear ya. Traffic management was very good (I thought) in Red group though, so much more fun there.

I've since gotten more negative camber and will experiment with new tires.
are you there next week with Niagara again? If so, I will see you there in the GT3 this time.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:15 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

are you there next week with Niagara again? If so, I will see you there in the GT3 this time.
Unfortunately not, due to work. GT3 this time? You'll be even faster!!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:42 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

And yet another great DE at The Glen with NRPCA Wednesday and Yesterday.
kfmcmahon, I'm pretty sure we ran a few times together. I looked for you in the Paddock a couple of times but couldn't find you. You had the RY GT3, yes? You're quite the driver if that was indeed you. Very impressed.
Advanced format DE with TONS of track time. Loved the format. 2 run groups only. Fast, and Really Fast. No waiting around between sessions was freakin' awesome. What a difference that makes.
I ran in both groups, and sometimes stayed out there for 45 minutes to an hour at a time. Never had that kind of continuous track time before, and I really loved it.
Only my car and my fatigued mind told me when it was time to come in and regroup.
Also got to run the NASCAR version of WGI for an hour (no boot as we ran the NASCAR Straight). What an eye opener. (In all honesty, I like the full course better, but was very happy to actually drive the short course as well. I'll never look at The Glen the same again after that. T10 was actually a full on braking zone and not a "feather the brakes" corner as it usually is for me. Rich told us to brake hard at the 300 marker coming into T10. Didn't quite understand that until I actually got to that 300 marker on the short course. Rich was spot on. Also loved coming out of the carousel and holding the Apex until tracking out onto the straight. I was shocked how quickly I was able to pick up speed on the NASCAR Straight. Way more speed than dropping into the Boot.)
Great people, great weather for the most part, and lots of respect from the participants while on track. Did run into one train in the lower run group, but it broke up quick enough and was a real good lesson in traffic management and situational awareness. Entering the Bus Stop 3 cars wide at speed had quite the pucker factor, but the learning experience was great, at least for me. A quicker point by here and there could have helped, but most participants gave me point by's in a very timely manner and I did the same. Overall, it was a great and respectful bunch.
Never did a DE with that much track time, and it will be a DE I will not miss in future years, assuming they have it.
Love the culture that the Niagara Region has. Tons of fun, and thanks again to NRPCA for an awesome couple of days. See y 'all at your October event.
Oh, almost forgot, got to do a dinner at Stonecat Weds night with a "new" NR buddy. Great place, great food, very scenic and great company.
Overall, another 10 out of 10 for a NRPCA event. You keep having 'em, I'll keep coming. Thanks again....
Old 06-15-2018, 08:24 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

And yet another great DE at The Glen with NRPCA Wednesday and Yesterday.
kfmcmahon, I'm pretty sure we ran a few times together. I looked for you in the Paddock a couple of times but couldn't find you. You had the RY GT3, yes? You're quite the driver if that was indeed you. Very impressed.
Advanced format DE with TONS of track time. Loved the format. 2 run groups only. Fast, and Really Fast. No waiting around between sessions was freakin' awesome. What a difference that makes.
I ran in both groups, and sometimes stayed out there for 45 minutes to an hour at a time. Never had that kind of continuous track time before, and I really loved it.
Only my car and my fatigued mind told me when it was time to come in and regroup.
Also got to run the NASCAR version of WGI for an hour (no boot as we ran the NASCAR Straight). What an eye opener. (In all honesty, I like the full course better, but was very happy to actually drive the short course as well. I'll never look at The Glen the same again after that. T10 was actually a full on braking zone and not a "feather the brakes" corner as it usually is for me. Rich told us to brake hard at the 300 marker coming into T10. Didn't quite understand that until I actually got to that 300 marker on the short course. Rich was spot on. Also loved coming out of the carousel and holding the Apex until tracking out onto the straight. I was shocked how quickly I was able to pick up speed on the NASCAR Straight. Way more speed than dropping into the Boot.)
Great people, great weather for the most part, and lots of respect from the participants while on track. Did run into one train in the lower run group, but it broke up quick enough and was a real good lesson in traffic management and situational awareness. Entering the Bus Stop 3 cars wide at speed had quite the pucker factor, but the learning experience was great, at least for me. A quicker point by here and there could have helped, but most participants gave me point by's in a very timely manner and I did the same. Overall, it was a great and respectful bunch.
Never did a DE with that much track time, and it will be a DE I will not miss in future years, assuming they have it.
Love the culture that the Niagara Region has. Tons of fun, and thanks again to NRPCA for an awesome couple of days. See y 'all at your October event.
Oh, almost forgot, got to do a dinner at Stonecat Weds night with a "new" NR buddy. Great place, great food, very scenic and great company.
Overall, another 10 out of 10 for a NRPCA event. You keep having 'em, I'll keep coming. Thanks again....

Yes, I was there with the RY GT3...thank you for the kind words...we really lucked out with the weather---especially Wednesday! but that wind on Thursday was insane...car was moving all over the place on the back straight at 150mph
Guy down from me had his pop up tent get airborne and smash his windsheild!!!! Needless to say his day was over
Best format for sure...Porsche's really shine when you can stay out for 40 minutes in 80 degree weather at 9/10ths and "other marques" are pulling in after 20 minutes

Unfortunately, Joe in the Lava RS, had an incident in the bus stop on the inside wall of the carousel , just like that blue C7 Vette, two weeks ago.

Tires were 30 heat cycles in (LOL.. see post #9 in this thread withe the GT4, for the same story---too cheap or lazy to bring new tires, or just trying to use up what I have!), so sliding all over the place---actually switched to 3 year old original MPSC2's late Thursday and threw in a few 2:04's

NASCAR was interesting, actually better than I thought it would be, since most of us would rather turn then go straight , and worth the hour of time they did it, IMHO.

Overall, as you said, another great event (thank you weather Gods)... but need to have fresh rubber from now on.

No more events til Trackmasters @WGI in July I will be at OctoberFast also See you then!....will have the GT4 as the GT3 is being traded on a 991.2 RS for October delivery.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:46 AM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you guys have so much fun with us. We realized it was our 11th anniversary for this events format. Better every year, thanks to those that join us.

My car was the blue BMW that parked on top of the esses during the first session of the second day morning. Broke my passenger rear control arm and went sideways through the grass and curbing.

We do everything we can to make these events enjoyable but it's the participants more then the planning that makes it all work...

BTW I'm the registrar for NRPCA

Quick Reply: Thanks Niagara PCA