Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bob Woodman Tires out...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 05:39 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

I've seen BW support clubraces as far away as Oktoberfast in OK. That can't be cheap considering the distance they had to travel from home.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:13 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
Just to be the contrarian...

I think its a great thing that Hoosier wants to work directly with us. I'm exited to have them at the track.

That's great. If your class runs Hoosiers. The rest of us . . . .

Last edited by Streak; 04-02-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:48 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
That's great. If your class runs Hoosiers. The rest if us . . . .
+1

Sounds like a proverbial millennial comment: me, me, me, .......
Old 03-28-2018, 10:52 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you probably remember- we used to get Hoosier support at many races by Hoosier Midwest. There was a BIG difference when Woodman took over... and for the better. I'm really sorry to see them go.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:45 AM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
+1

Sounds like a proverbial millennial comment: me, me, me, .......

No need for name calling... Just offering an alternative opinion to the outpouring of negative comments towards PCA and Hoosier.

I buy tires from BW every year and wish no ill will upon them, but, they are just a tire dealer and not able to offer any kind of support for the tires or setup. My "hope" is that Hoosier will bring more than just tire mounting equipment with them. If they simply hire out "tire mounting" to the lowest bidding Tom Dick or Harry, that is really the worst of all worlds.

I seem to recall we had the same thing with J2X and the cup guys.. They were only there to support Michelin and the cups.. would not even talk to me about my G class car. BW was still there though, and took care of me and my Hoosiers... How is this different, other than I expect more than 1/2 the cars run Hoosiers?
Old 03-29-2018, 11:04 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
No need for name calling... Just offering an alternative opinion to the outpouring of negative comments towards PCA and Hoosier.

I buy tires from BW every year and wish no ill will upon them, but, they are just a tire dealer and not able to offer any kind of support for the tires or setup. My "hope" is that Hoosier will bring more than just tire mounting equipment with them. If they simply hire out "tire mounting" to the lowest bidding Tom Dick or Harry, that is really the worst of all worlds.

I seem to recall we had the same thing with J2X and the cup guys.. They were only there to support Michelin and the cups.. would not even talk to me about my G class car. BW was still there though, and took care of me and my Hoosiers... How is this different, other than I expect more than 1/2 the cars run Hoosiers?
^^^Excellent Points.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:27 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 816 Likes on 468 Posts

Appalachian Tires has supported SCCA in the SE for years. I used them when I was running T3 and yes they would mount other brands of tires. They are dealers for Hoosier and Toyo

Peter
Old 03-29-2018, 10:05 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

+10 years with BW and only good things to say about them.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,340 Likes on 1,895 Posts

I was at Road Atlanta today for SVRA, Trans Am and the Mazda Heritage Cup, about 200 cars.

The AT trailer was there with six guys, three machines, twiddling their thumbs as the TA and some of the IGT guys went to the Pirelli trailer and the Historic guys went to Sasco (who is an authorized, fully supported Hoosier Regional dealer) for their tires. I did see a single car trailer with BW Tires on it at the Turn One end of the paddock but did not have a chance to see if they were operating.

AT is well established within SCCA Club Racing ranks, but that is a small slice in the Racing pie. BW and Sasco go to (or in BW’s case, went to) PCA/NASA/SVRA/HSR/VDCA/VRG and on and on.

This is about personal relationships, which is why all of us who know Bob and his family feel so strongly about this, but I think Bob’s challenges were his own...
Old 03-29-2018, 11:28 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,006 Likes on 601 Posts

All TA entrants have to buy from Pirelli (Frisby).
Old 03-29-2018, 11:32 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
All TA entrants have to buy from Pirelli (Frisby).
Yep, that why Pirelli is in the series name!

My point is that if people have a choice, they buy from folks that they know. That will be the challenge for Hoosier Tires Northeast and Appalachian...
Old 03-30-2018, 02:26 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I was at Road Atlanta today for SVRA, Trans Am and the Mazda Heritage Cup, about 200 cars.

The AT trailer was there with six guys, three machines, twiddling their thumbs as the TA and some of the IGT guys went to the Pirelli trailer and the Historic guys went to Sasco (who is an authorized, fully supported Hoosier Regional dealer) for their tires. I did see a single car trailer with BW Tires on it at the Turn One end of the paddock but did not have a chance to see if they were operating.

AT is well established within SCCA Club Racing ranks, but that is a small slice in the Racing pie. BW and Sasco go to (or in BW’s case, went to) PCA/NASA/SVRA/HSR/VDCA/VRG and on and on.

This is about personal relationships, which is why all of us who know Bob and his family feel so strongly about this, but I think Bob’s challenges were his own...
Peter,
Just occurred to me the BW trailer you saw was Andrew Eagan of Bob Woodan's Race shop supporting a Lotus Elan race car for the weekend.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 03-30-2018, 08:03 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
Peter,
Just occurred to me the BW trailer you saw was Andrew Eagan of Bob Woodan's Race shop supporting a Lotus Elan race car for the weekend.
Thanks.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:16 AM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 20 Posts

I just spoke with Woodman today to clarify my orders. I had order sets from them for all races at beginning of year. NOTHING has changed as far as ordering. They will be put on a truck and reserved for me. Only pay for what you use. Whoever is servicing that race will have my tires in a truck and they will mount them. SUPPORT WOODMAN!
Old 05-21-2018, 10:23 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

^ The Hoosier guy at Mid-O gave me a small lecture (WTF?) about buying from Woodman (who, per Ryan's comments simply arranged to have tires for me on the Hoosier trailer).

There's obviously something going on with Hoosier/dealer politics.

Quick Reply: Bob Woodman Tires out...?