Sponsored by:

Save the Dates - Northeast Region 2018 DE Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:35 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
If you're in the Squan, join PCA NNJR and you're good to go. (Maybe even JS region, but NNJR has the best DE program IMHO. (In this area).

Link here:

http://nnjr-pca.com/join-pcannjr/

Welcome aboard. You won't regret it.
Exactly what dgrobs says above! Back in 1981, when I first joined PCA my region was NNJR (Northern New Jersey Region) - and it is simply an outstanding & friendly group. Once you join PCA, you can attend any "NER" (Northeast Region) DE if:
- Your Cab has roll over protection; and if
- The track allows soft-tops.
How to know if your car is eligible to run at the track? Aww - that's easy - simply contact the track chair or registrar for that event. As well, NNJR has three events scheduled for NJMSP this reason:
NJMP/Lightning - April 28-29
NJMP/Thunderbolt - June 1-2
NJMP/Lightning - October 13-14

But again, you need to check with the event registrar/chair to be sure you won't be turned away...

Hope to see you at an event soon! And thanks dgrobs for your reply - it saved me a bit of typing

My Best,

John D.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:21 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
If you're in the Squan, join PCA NNJR and you're good to go. (Maybe even JS region, but NNJR has the best DE program IMHO. (In this area).

Link here:

http://nnjr-pca.com/join-pcannjr/

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

As for the Cab, it depends on the track. I'm surprised you were able to get on NJMP with a ragtop, Usually not the case, but good on you.

First step is to join NNJR (if you're in Jersey), then you can do any regions DE's as long as you register on MSR or CR.

Again, feel free to pm me with any questions or help in joining PCA.

Welcome aboard. You won't regret it.
Thank you both for your fast replies! I went on the NNJR and there is a join button that brings you to PCA national membership. I am already a PCA member. How do you join a region? I can't find any links for that. Mark
Old 12-16-2017, 06:23 PM
John D.
Banned

I haven't joined as a "new" Member to PCA for, well since I originally joined back in the "Dark Ages" - but....

When you join, I think they automatically assign you to region your address is located? So, if you are in NNJR's "region" by mailing address - that's where you'll be placed initially. If not, you can "change" Regions with a simple phone call to PCA National, and the folks there are simply terrific and place you in any region you'd prefer.

Welcome to PCA - and hope to see you at an NNJR and/or NER Event next season!

John D.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:29 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.
I haven't joined as a "new" Member to PCA for, well since I originally joined back in the "Dark Ages" - but....

When you join, I think they automatically assign you to region your address is located? So, if you are in NNJR's "region" by mailing address - that's where you'll be placed initially. If not, you can "change" Regions with a simple phone call to PCA National, and the folks there are simply terrific and place you in any region you'd prefer.

Welcome to PCA - and hope to see you at an NNJR and/or NER Event next season!

John D.
Thank you!
Old 12-17-2017, 11:17 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

How about posting the NNJR sked?
Old 12-17-2017, 11:56 AM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

2018 NNJR Driver Education Schedule

Lime Rock - April 4-5
NJMP/Lightning - April 28-29
Mid-Ohio Advanced - May 18-20
NJMP/Thunderbolt - June 1-2
Pocono - June (Dates TBD)
LCMP/Tremblant (NER) - July 5-7
Watkins Glen - July 23-24
Watkins Glen (NER) - August 10-12
Watkins Glen Advanced - September 12-13
NJMP/Lightning - October 13-14
VIR - October 26-28
Old 12-17-2017, 01:29 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Anyone know why the NNJR July WGI is 2 days instead of 3?
The 3 day NER WGI 8/10-12 more than makes up for it, but why is our July event 2 days instead of 3? I hadn't heard anything about that.
Any info?
Thanks....
Old 12-17-2017, 02:03 PM
John D.
Banned

My thanks erko for throwing that up, as I usually don't post other Track Chairs Schedule for them - and I'm hoping the folks at NNJR feel free to post their own thread, as I don't want to "steal their thunder", as it were.. So - my thanks!!!!

Also, dgrobs... Yes, it was changed by the track, rather than Tom/Janice (NNJR), who were left without a choice in the matter. I'll let them explain why - but, it absolutely wasn't under their control nor certainly their decision - obviously.. When they first learned of it, and based on our pre--existing close working relationship with NER - we came up with the temporary alternative for this year. While I know our event can't replace the incredible event NNJR typically schedules - we'll try our best to make this years WGI Event "look and feel" like being home.

I hope I haven't said anything I shouldn't have, and if I did, I apologize. I wanted you, and others, to know it's a temporary solution for this year only - so, we'll make the best of it... I will also say, again - in my role as NER Track Chair, working alongside Tom and Janice has been an incredible positive experience.

My best always,

John D.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:09 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,017 Posts

My thanks erko for throwing that up, as I usually don't post other Track Chairs Schedule for them - and I'm hoping the folks at NNJR feel free to post their own thread, as I don't want to "steal their thunder", as it were.. So - my thanks!!!!

Also, dgrobs... Yes, it was changed by the track, rather than Tom/Janice (NNJR), who were left without a choice in the matter. I'll let them explain why - but, it absolutely wasn't under their control nor certainly their decision - obviously.. When they first learned of it, and based on our pre--existing close working relationship with NER - we came up with the temporary alternative for this year. While I know our event can't replace the incredible event NNJR typically schedules - we'll try our best to make this years WGI Event "look and feel" like being home.

I hope I haven't said anything I shouldn't have, and if I did, I apologize. I wanted you, and others, to know it's a temporary solution for this year only - so, we'll make the best of it... I will also say, again - in my role as NER Track Chair, working alongside Tom and Janice has been an incredible positive experience.

My best always,

John D.
Thanks John. Yes, they are both great folks, and it's awesome that you folks stepped up to the plate to help out as well. I did both the NER and NNJR DE's at The Glen last year and both were equally amazing.
I will say nothing more about it and hopefully we get an explanation at some point as to why it's only 2 days. All good, and sorry if I ruffled any feathers with my post. Def not my intent.
Thanks again for the response.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:52 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

No problem John - hopefully I didn't break any rules; I was a bit unsure about posting myself to be honest as I was already feeling the heat from the release of the calendars on booking.com - it was a real dilemma, I kept thinking, shouldn't we keeping this as a secret, maybe some people just won't see the emails that go out, I went back to recheck when the registrations open

While I know our event can't replace the incredible event NNJR typically schedules - we'll try our best to make this years WGI Event "look and feel" like being home.
That's awesome - can't speak for the whole group but one key item to make us feel at home is definitely the BBQ.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:14 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by erko1905
No problem John - hopefully I didn't break any rules; I was a bit unsure about posting myself to be honest as I was already feeling the heat from the release of the calendars on booking.com - it was a real dilemma, I kept thinking, shouldn't we keeping this as a secret, maybe some people just won't see the emails that go out, I went back to recheck when the registrations open

That's awesome - can't speak for the whole group but one key item to make us feel at home is definitely the BBQ.
A couple of notes.....

You didn't break any Rennlist rules at all that I'm aware of, and since I started this site in 1998, I'm pretty sure that's the case... And honestly? I really appreciate your's and @dgrobs replies in this thread... I really want this to be an event for NNJR that is "like being home", as I mentioned. I think if roles were reversed, NNJR would do the same if we lost our signature Watkins Glen Event for a season given the track scheduled something over our dates... Just sayin'...

As well - a BBQ? As in a "Dinosaur BBQ" ?

My NER DE Social is already on that (thanks, Kristin, Pam and Judi!). But - here's the rub (no pun intended).. I don't have a Sponsor for the BBQ, if we can pull it off - and I'd never expect the traditional "NNJR BBQ Sponsor" (you know - that Porsche dealership where I bought my first Porsche in 1981 ) to make it free for our event, as it wouldn't make sense for them. So, there may be a small fee for the social to drivers & family & friends, which NER will match from event proceeds for the entire evening. Maybe I can try to pick up a Sponsor for that between now and then - but, I can't promise that right now?

I really appreciate all these comments - and it's interesting timing as well, as I was working on the final 2018 NER DE Budget today for review by the NER BOD...

My best and my thanks!

John D.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Conekiller
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can’t wait looks like a great schedule!

Any chance there will be a Club Motorsports day added?

Quick Reply: Save the Dates - Northeast Region 2018 DE Schedule