Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Another good read on the Whittington brothers:

https://jalopnik.com/tag/whittington-brothers-racing
Old 12-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 204 Posts

It amazes me that Tucker was repeatedly having conversations/texts with Therrien. It's like his guilty conscience was showing. Totally Shakespearean!
Old 12-10-2017, 05:18 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

If even half of this stuff is true then I wish the surviving Tucker clan a seasonal jail based *** assault.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:48 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Great story on Tucker's multi-million dollar run at the SCCA DSR championship. I guess he had to dispose of some of that money.

http://www.dinnerwithracers.com/epis...vel-5-special/
Old 01-06-2018, 07:11 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

17 years. good story on msn on the sentencing stuff. blamed his attorneys for failing to disclose. judge slapped the cuffs on him right in court.
bye bye
Old 01-08-2018, 10:08 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for posting...definitely shed new light on the story!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

There is a new show on Netflix called Dirty Money. Episode 2 is about Tucker. His denials are comical. His lawyer who went down with him is also a real piece of work. Complete scumbags!
Old 01-28-2018, 11:28 PM
gtreddy
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

A family friend directed the Scott Tucker Episode on Netflix.

Here's the link to the Netflix Documentary. It's Episode 2.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80118100
Old 01-29-2018, 08:21 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Dirty Money

not sure if this was posted but netflix has a series called Dirty Money and there is a full episode on Scott Tucker.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:11 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

He saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:08 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gtreddy
A family friend directed the Scott Tucker Episode on Netflix.

Here's the link to the Netflix Documentary. It's Episode 2.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80118100
I watched the program last night. I was left wanting for more information on the government's case. I think it was made clear that Tucker and Muir knew they were fleecing poor people and quite frankly didn't care, they present it as being purely business people. There is a little bit of Enron flavor to the story, they thought they were smarter than the system and could find a legal mechanism to skate from this if someone came looking. I think the government, especially under the previous administration was particularly hard on people who took advantage of those living at the margin. The show put about the best face they could on Tucker, which still was not favorable. Muir came across as smug and bitter. Some of his bitterness appears justified based on the way they raided Muir's home.... what was the government was thinking when they sent a tactical team to his house while the whole family was home?
Old 01-29-2018, 02:39 PM
gtreddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Texas RS
I watched the program last night. I was left wanting for more information on the government's case. I think it was made clear that Tucker and Muir knew they were fleecing poor people and quite frankly didn't care, they present it as being purely business people. There is a little bit of Enron flavor to the story, they thought they were smarter than the system and could find a legal mechanism to skate from this if someone came looking. I think the government, especially under the previous administration was particularly hard on people who took advantage of those living at the margin. The show put about the best face they could on Tucker, which still was not favorable. Muir came across as smug and bitter. Some of his bitterness appears justified based on the way they raided Muir's home.... what was the government was thinking when they sent a tactical team to his house while the whole family was home?
I agree. I had to look up some information after watching it.

The thing I did like about it, was unlike most documentaries, it wasn't made with an opinion or result in mind. It seemed like it was about as fair as possible. It didn't even mention his previous 1.5 year at Levinworth for fraud. Even then, he came off looking pretty guilty.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:06 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gtreddy
I agree. I had to look up some information after watching it.

The thing I did like about it, was unlike most documentaries, it wasn't made with an opinion or result in mind. It seemed like it was about as fair as possible. It didn't even mention his previous 1.5 year at Levinworth for fraud. Even then, he came off looking pretty guilty.
I added a thread regarding the show. Sadness all around, his brother killing himself, the poor people who took out the loans and his daughter.

I understand some of the loans were misleading, what I don’t understand is how the govt allows credit card companies to charge crazy interest rates and when you do pay, it pays off the most recent purchase not the oldest with interest.

It was definitely eye opening.

i never heard of his driving coach was he an ex racer?
Old 01-29-2018, 05:45 PM
gtreddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by ajcjr

I added a thread regarding the show. Sadness all around, his brother killing himself, the poor people who took out the loans and his daughter.

I understand some of the loans were misleading, what I don’t understand is how the govt allows credit card companies to charge crazy interest rates and when you do pay, it pays off the most recent purchase not the oldest with interest.

It was definitely eye opening.

i never heard of his driving coach was he an ex racer?

The issue wasn’t the interest rate here, it were the fees that the consumer paid that didn’t end up paying down the principal and how the loans were marketed to obscure these fees.

As as far as credit cards go, there is no difference in paying off old or new debt with the same interest rates. However, up until 2010, banks could choose which debt to apply payments over the minimum. So if you had a cash advance line of credit and a purchase line of credit, they could apply your payment towards the purchase line of credit knowing your cash advance line had a higher interest rate. In 2010 the credit card act mandated any payment above the minimum has to go to the line of credit that has the highest interest rates. Minimum payments still typically go toward the lowest interest rate lines.

Quick Reply: Follow up to the Scott Tucker Thread.