Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JX2 cut from PCA

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Jram
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course JX2 will honor any certificates that are still floating around, they are and will continue to be a first class operation. As far as tires that are labeled…I think I stopped seeing that mid way through the year so unless you have had tires sitting around and not racing it shouldn’t even be an issue.JX2 is just a small part of a huge motorsports company (Jackson Motorsports and Jackson Marketing Group). They support not just PCA but also Challenge and Lambo (and the parent does huge races like the massive effort required of the Baja 1000...having raced off road and used BFG Pits the logistics boggle my mind).JX2 has gone above and beyond for my customers and myself over and over again. Based on when I order tires and often things are “currently out of stock at Pirelli and I hope they can get them here in time” my conclusion is that dealing with Pirelli on a daily basis is at best “Challenging”(like many Italian companies are...I have worked for a couple)…Evan and the gang at JX2 constantly work twice as hard as necessary I think to make sure Pirelli had tires for YOU/US at these races.Pirelli really had little choice but to use the Frisby gang for 2018 (they sure as hell weren’t going to go back to a previous service provider so that left Frisby…or find someone new IF they could find a qualified company to even take the work). I only hope that the lovable band of rednecks can provide a seamless transition to the series that they have no experience with (F car and L car etc). They are super nice guys but one only had to look at the Pirelli trailer at SEMA to see what I mean…I walked past and two guys standing under a tent next to a Bugatti smoking cigarettes looking like they just rolled out of bed =) not the same level of “polish and professionalism” as JX2 lol. When JX2 took over these series it was SEAMLESS!!

As far as my opinion on PCA tires, let cup guys run what they want (Michelin, Hoosier, Pirelli, Yoko etc). I personally believe this is a follow the $ and you will find the answer why PCA has spec tire. Because it certainly wasn’t to save the racer any $ nor was it because you gained performance or because Porsches come standard with Pirelli.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:24 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

so why did JX2 end the deal?

Originally Posted by Jram
Of course JX2 will honor any certificates that are still floating around, they are and will continue to be a first class operation. As far as tires that are labeled…I think I stopped seeing that mid way through the year so unless you have had tires sitting around and not racing it shouldn’t even be an issue.JX2 is just a small part of a huge motorsports company (Jackson Motorsports and Jackson Marketing Group). They support not just PCA but also Challenge and Lambo (and the parent does huge races like the massive effort required of the Baja 1000...having raced off road and used BFG Pits the logistics boggle my mind).JX2 has gone above and beyond for my customers and myself over and over again. Based on when I order tires and often things are “currently out of stock at Pirelli and I hope they can get them here in time” my conclusion is that dealing with Pirelli on a daily basis is at best “Challenging”(like many Italian companies are...I have worked for a couple)…Evan and the gang at JX2 constantly work twice as hard as necessary I think to make sure Pirelli had tires for YOU/US at these races.Pirelli really had little choice but to use the Frisby gang for 2018 (they sure as hell weren’t going to go back to a previous service provider so that left Frisby…or find someone new IF they could find a qualified company to even take the work). I only hope that the lovable band of rednecks can provide a seamless transition to the series that they have no experience with (F car and L car etc). They are super nice guys but one only had to look at the Pirelli trailer at SEMA to see what I mean…I walked past and two guys standing under a tent next to a Bugatti smoking cigarettes looking like they just rolled out of bed =) not the same level of “polish and professionalism” as JX2 lol. When JX2 took over these series it was SEAMLESS!!

As far as my opinion on PCA tires, let cup guys run what they want (Michelin, Hoosier, Pirelli, Yoko etc). I personally believe this is a follow the $ and you will find the answer why PCA has spec tire. Because it certainly wasn’t to save the racer any $ nor was it because you gained performance or because Porsches come standard with Pirelli.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:16 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Hopefully they stay with Pirelli, as my Stand21 suit is labeled as such. lol
Although we have experienced tire failures in clubsport a little too often...FYI
Old 11-27-2017, 09:18 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,856 Likes on 1,678 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
so why did JX2 end the deal?
Wasn't their choice...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-01-2017, 11:43 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Eric and JX2 a are a class act in my book. I only hope this is not true! If so they will be missed by me immensely.
Steve it would kill us to go to the other brand! $$$$
Old 01-04-2018, 12:44 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

So it looks like Pirelli has now formally selected Frisby Performance Tire to replace JX2 as servicing dealer for PCA Club Racing and there is no switch away from Pirelli.

Quick Reply: JX2 cut from PCA