Sponsored by:

COTA 3 Day Event Nov 17-19

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 05:52 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by TXE36
Any reason to be concerned with the slow rate of confirmations? The roster also has wait list people on it now.

-Mike
Its still almost 2 month away. Plus they have to crunch the data to determine who, what, when and where will fit into what category considering that a lot of regions outside of the demographics might just use a different system as well as different criteria for run groups.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Any reason to be concerned with the slow rate of confirmations? The roster also has wait list people on it now.

-Mike
Mike,

No need to be concerned, the process hasn't started yet. There are a large number of unassigned because many of the registrants weren't part of the previous AustinSchnellFest and therefore were not automatically assigned. The assignments should start soon.

The folks that are shown as waitlisted have not paid. The assignments will be done based on when people paid.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:30 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Since this is a three day event for all run groups the schedule should be the same as the Sat/Sun schedule from the prior event as referenced by zedcat.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Its still almost 2 month away. Plus they have to crunch the data to determine who, what, when and where will fit into what category considering that a lot of regions outside of the demographics might just use a different system as well as different criteria for run groups.
I've very well aware of the system used. TXE36, COTA is in TX, connect the dots.

With TWS going belly up, there are few track events from Sept to Dec compared to what we are used to. I'm used to instructor confirmations coming very quickly.

David Gross just sent out another instructor call, so if you have instructor cred, it may be worth a shot. Instructing at COTA is pretty straightforward and enjoyable with a good student.

-Mike
Old 09-19-2017, 09:02 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

I've very well aware of the system used. TXE36, COTA is in TX, connect the dots.

With TWS going belly up, there are few track events from Sept to Dec compared to what we are used to. I'm used to instructor confirmations coming very quickly.

David Gross just sent out another instructor call, so if you have instructor cred, it may be worth a shot. Instructing at COTA is pretty straightforward and enjoyable with a good student.

-Mike
Thanx for the heads up. Yes I have instructor credentials but am outside of TX. So David's email blast may be limited to a certain list of known candidates.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:43 PM
BlackRain
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Up to 306 signed up now and most assignments done
Old 09-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Brian C in Az
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx for the heads up. Yes I have instructor credentials but am outside of TX...
Sign up as an instructor and fill in the boxes listing experience and other useful info. Many regions are in need of instructors and welcome anyone that is a verifiable experienced instructor.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:21 AM
BlackRain
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like 319 signed up now

Yes we can always use more instructors, lower instructor entry fee ends this week
Old 09-28-2017, 11:57 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

😢😢😢😢. Looks like I’m going to miss this epic event. May 2017 event was so awesome. Hope I will make it next time. Have fun guys.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:39 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanx for the heads up. Yes I have instructor credentials but am outside of TX. So David's email blast may be limited to a certain list of known candidates.
Normally local PCA opens events 30 days prior and confirmations 2 weeks +/- out...

I signed up as instructor and didn't receive any confirmation, but when I looked on clubregistration.net it listed me as confirmed.

you might want to check there,

Mike
Old 10-01-2017, 01:35 PM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Coda

Originally Posted by txhokie4life
Normally local PCA opens events 30 days prior and confirmations 2 weeks +/- out...

I signed up as instructor and didn't receive any confirmation, but when I looked on clubregistration.net it listed me as confirmed.

Mike
This is a great weekend, what ever car you are driving.
If you are around come over to the REGO GO race team on Friday night 5-7pm for good old fish and chips and free beer, all are welcome.
You cant miss there Big Blue tractor trailer and the little lotus T23 that Dock Bundy drives.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:13 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by txhokie4life

Mike
Thanx for the invite. The roster shows 77 instructors with 1 wait listed and 10 with no vehicles. I think its full.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:06 AM
ConcreteCowboy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be my first event with PCA but probably close to my 20th at COTA, any help on signing me off to the advanced run group?

Originally Posted by Texas RS
Registration opens Sept 15th

3 days only $945. Limited to 50 cars per run group.

Registration on ClubRegistration.net

http://clubregistration.net/events/s...cfm/event/8413

Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 AM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ConcreteCowboy
This will be my first event with PCA but probably close to my 20th at COTA, any help on signing me off to the advanced run group?
Make sure you provide a detailed listing of your track experience including the groups you run with in Club Registeation. The CDIs use that as well as discussions with CDIs from other groups to try and get the groupings right. It is difficult to do when people don’t provide the information or on a rare occasion inflate their experience.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:51 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ConcreteCowboy
PCA actually made an excellent video detailing the exact procedure used to secure placement in the advanced run group. Follow the steps laid out in this informative clip, and you will be sure to have a great DE!

Quick Reply: COTA 3 Day Event Nov 17-19