Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real price of CGT

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...by the way, yes I am serious. So feel free to send me a PM if you would be so generous. Yep...I am a real car nut.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Chris1
4th Gear

If you are really that much of a car nut Meeyatch, I would be happy to give you a ride .
Old 01-27-2004, 09:45 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

meeyatch1, if you're ever in s. cal, i'd be happy to give you a scare (er: ride)
Old 02-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Les, you got a GREAT deal!! The one I saw today at McKenna Porsche was stickered at $469K, and they were already offered $160K over that price, and I think it just came in yesterday!

Heh, hehehehheh, the General Sales Manager did give me the Carrera GT book, all 48 pages of it, heheheheh.

Now, I just have to become a Millionaire again, so I can buy one!

I go to Vegas more frequently, and I'd like to see this dealership, they sound about as good as McKenna!

Yeah, I'd love to have a ride, but that would have to wait until next year. Maybe I could interest you in going to see Penn & Teller then?

- Julie
Old 02-11-2004, 04:57 PM
mspiegle
Three Wheelin'

if you charge enough people this $100 ride, you'll pay the car off.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:06 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 22 Posts

Les, we seem to have a name, as well as a number of cars in common (see signature), and both have a Carrera GT coming. Mine is Carrera GT silver with natural grey interior and is to be delivered in March (was told today that it has left the factory and been invoiced to PCNA). My '94 Turbo S flachbau is at my house in Scottsdale, and I will have the CGT transported there too. Given that you're in Vegas, we ought to get together and carve some canyons! Whattaya say?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Les at labcars, If you haven't already take a look at flachbau.com run by Mark Smith he is keeping track of our cars to keep the fakes from getting to the market . Tell me about both your Turbo Ss. Colors, miles etc. Also I am working with some guys to create a 97 turbo S registry and website. We need to get together for sure!!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 11:34 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Les, have known Mark since before flachbau.com went up and my car is #480424 on the site. My Turbo S is Ocean blue/black. BTW, are you going to Leipzig on the 12th of March for the CGT drive around. I am, and should be returning to take delivery in the US immediately afterwards!!! Aint life grand?!?!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Labcars, flying to Germany is to far for me to go to hitch a ride in the car. I am driving to calif. tomorrow to look at another flachbau. Your flachbau is the only one I have heard of other than red black and pearlessence. How many miles and are you the original owner?
Old 02-14-2004, 07:22 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Les Quam
Labcars, flying to Germany is to far for me to go to hitch a ride in the car. I am driving to calif. tomorrow to look at another flachbau. Your flachbau is the only one I have heard of other than red black and pearlessence. How many miles and are you the original owner?
Les, I'm not the original owner, but have had the car for five plus years. Car now has 33k. Are you going to see Mike B's black/black flachbau? Sounds like a hot car. There is another for sale (red/tan) in Orlando. Going to Leipzig is worth it to me as I need to know from a very real perspective about the ground clearance issue. My car (chassis #11) may well be here before I go to Germany, and will CERTAINLY be here by the time I get back, so I need to decide whether I keep this one, as well as the black one I have ordered, or sell this and keep the black one at our place in AZ. Big problems, huh? I know no one is exactly feeling bad for me! Let me know what you think about Mike's car. My email is labcars@hotmail.com.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:10 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

i would fly to vegas and i would get myself a hotel room for the weekend and i would pay $100 towards gas but i dont want a ride.... i want to drive it.

give me a call this week, we will make arangements
Old 02-17-2004, 08:35 PM
red9four4
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill fill your tank up for a ride hell ill even let you drive my car for free
Old 02-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Boys, boys, my 446,000 dollar boxster won't be here until sometime in 05.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:26 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Re: Real price of CGT

Originally posted by Les Quam
...Chris Horton says yeah I drove it and its a great car, but not worth 4 times a GT3 or 3 times a GT2 or even 10 times a boxster. Its really for people with more money then they know what to do with. (which ain't me).
hmmmm....

04 Cayenne Turbo
04 GT 2 ( April build)
97 Turbo S
94 Turbo S 3.6 slantnose (2)

Hmmm....

The contents of your garage seem to contradict that last statement, especially with the $446K addition on it's way...

On the plus side, you'll only have to give 4,460 $100 rides out in order to recoup the costs....

I'll take one!

Congrats on your purchase - I'm sure there are some serious nerves wrapped up in making a purchase that large. Wait till you are driving your very own CGT and I bet all those thoughts disappear...
Old 02-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Paul,
I sent my dealer a letter wednesday asking for my CGT deposit back. In my final analysis I came to the conclusion that it was a little to much, and not enough performance. My dealer who is getting 9 CGTs has had three deposit holders drop out in the last month including myself. They are nervous.

Quick Reply: Real price of CGT