Sponsored by:

Walker's daughter suing Porsche.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Sixisenuff
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
The girl and lawyer are not thinking clearly - Paul Walker did great things for many and most if not all of the time it was anonymous.

OTH - Porsche should send her and her lawyer a VW tdi and call it a day.
OTO,OH - I think the tactic is to sue Porsche, take their defense arguments and research then go to court and sue the driver, Roger, armed with all that free info.

Make Porsche do the research and make it public record that the driver was to blame in this trial. Use the free info to sue Roger. BRILLIANT!

Old 11-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Sixisenuff
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I also somewhat resent the implication that it was a normal speed- that business park is not a freeway with guard rails or a race track with runoff. They were going 80-100mph in a 40mph zone.

The driver (rodas) is 100% at fault for bad driving. The implication that him and paul were professional level drivers is also somewhat disheartening as someone who employs pro drivers. She or her lawyers should go after rodas' estate or someone should reach out and let her family know that their legal team is a bunch of greedy vampires.
Been thinking about all this. My guess is that this suit forces Porsche to do the research and present it as public record. The payoff for the daughter is when they take that info and sue Rojas.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:47 PM
Sixisenuff
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Not sure where this lawyer thinks the GT has no PASM, its the same for most you have to turn it off. Cold tires, PASM = trouble, clearly the drivers fault!
Kevin:

"PASM"????

Know you're Porsche lingo.

PASM is "Porsche Active Suspension Management"...basically active suspension and not a safety feature...more for giving a controlled ride for track use when you put it in "SPORT or SPORT +" and a softer ride for street use. There's more to it, but that's the gist.

PSM is "Porsche Stability Management" applies rear brakes singly in a way that discourages a spin. Doesn't prevent...discourages.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:24 PM
911pcars
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct if I'm wrong, but the Carrera GT does not have PSM (Porsche Stability Management), most likely the gist of Walker's lawsuit considering the car's performance potential. Several reviewers mentioned the car needed a skilled hand in controlling it at speed.

Article here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lker-road.html

Sherwood
Old 11-24-2015, 05:42 PM
FT_Factorytuned
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple things:

Walker was cool! Nose clean guy. No trouble, nor mischief, stayed out of bloids, for most part.... AND rich, filthy rich, of any of the cars, he could nearly own any car, he chose to own Porsche. One of us! Porsche owner, drivers, lovers enthusiasts... A true tuner, with means..

Let hope his daughter doesn't ruin his name. And could someone get that attorney a Porsche. Get him out of that RICE BURNER day driver he's LIKELY driving.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:59 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yawn
Old 11-25-2015, 05:05 PM
AzCoronaDog
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I have done plenty of stupid things in vehicles of all sorts, so I would be the last one to cast stones when it comes to pushing a car to its limits for the thrill of it.
So I really don't think less of Mr. Walker for going on a joy ride in an area that probably did not put other people in danger.
It is only common sense that performance cars come with an inherent risk that they can get into trouble fast if their limits are exceeded.
As far as I know, that car conformed to the required safety standards at the time it was built, so blaming the manufacturer seems analogous to blaming the knife maker if you cut yourself.
I have always taken full responsibility for any consequences of my actions, and I would hope that he would too.
Apparently common sense is so rare these days that it could be considered a superpower.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 503 Posts

Greedy American lawyers at work for the lawsuits. Even the dad filed one.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:42 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

Is what is really sad is that are society is full of people like this. Everyone blame fixing for their own ignorance, stupidity and dis-obeying of the law yet then it is someone else to blame.

There is example after example. It is just like the crack head grabbing the cops gun and then getting killed but again it is everyone elses fault.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:27 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

There's been a lot of speculation about the speed of the car. I've read reports as low as in the 70s to as high as 93 MPH. I'm not familiar with the area in which the fatalities took place but based on my fifty years and nearly million miles of driving, absent any traffic, I can't recall any 45 MPH road in which I couldn't have safely driven at 93 MPH.

Let me be clear. By safely driving at 93 MPH I mean retaining control of the car. I certainly don't condone doubling speed limits, since they aren't established by how fast a car can travel the road without losing control. There are numerous safety factors that must be considered when setting a safe speed limit such as the traffic volume, number of intersecting roads, proximity of schools, etc.

I live in the country in which most of the speed limits for two lane roads are 50 MPH. The typical car speed for these roads are 60 - 65 MPH which I expect would be the norm for most 50 MPH limited access country roads roads in the US. And let's not forget that the vast majority of cars driving these speeds are at least 4 - 5 years old and most are appliance cars like Toyotas, Fords, Chevies, Hondas etc. When the traffic conditions permit, such as the early hours on a Sunday morning, I have been known to drive these roads for short stretches at speeds allegedly driven by Walker's GT, and the stability management system on my 997S didn't even engage.

My total time behind the wheel of a GT is approximately 15 minutes and that was over eight years ago, so I'm certainly no expert, but it's hard for me to believe that an experienced track driver would find it challenging to maintain control of his car if he were going 93 in a 45 MPH zone.

So something happened and the first thing that comes to my mind are the tires. Porsche claims that at least two of the tires were nine years old at the time of the accident. Six years is the maximum time frame that I will keep tires, regardless of mileage. Other than tires the only other factor that would come to my mind would be a momentary distraction of the driver, which could have precipitated an over-steering condition which the driver couldn't correct in time.

Although speed was obviously a major factor in the accident, I strongly suspect that there was another factor other than speed which played a decisive role.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:20 PM
AdPock
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Walker's Father is now filing against Porsche

Walker’s father claims that the Carrera GT should have been equipped with lifesaving features like stability control, a breakaway fuel line, and reinforced doors...

https://rennlist.com/articles/paul-w...ainst-porsche/
Old 12-01-2015, 09:53 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

walkers father is either a POS or has a POS lawyer....
Old 12-02-2015, 07:50 AM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

This has nothing to do with Porsche. Two fools driving like A-Holes kill themselves. Both should be nominated for Darwin awards.

And the A-Hole lawyers filing these frivolous claims ought to be permanently disbarred.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:34 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixisenuff
Been thinking about all this. My guess is that this suit forces Porsche to do the research and present it as public record. The payoff for the daughter is when they take that info and sue Rojas.

Interesting. Now this is making sense. I'm guessing that any beneficiary from Walker's estate would benefit if Rojas is found to be held to some level of legal accountability for this.

Walker's father is likely a beneficiary as well, but why would he sue Porsche too unless he's just looking from a settlement for Porsche. It would make more sense to let his Granddaughter's attorney do the legwork with Porsche and then just sue the Rojas estate. I'm guessing his attorney just wants to rack up fees with a suit against Porsche as well.

This situation is truly tragic and effed up on so many levels.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:44 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

This just underscores the need for healthy respect for these cars. It doesn't matter who you are. You can die in these cars if you aren't careful.

Quick Reply: Walker's daughter suing Porsche.