Sponsored by:

918 Timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 12:46 AM
DesmoRR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 918 Timeframe

I wanted to ask the 918 owners how the timing has been on the delivery of their cars. Did they come early? Late?

Mine is showing in production, but i heard a rumor that all 918s will be complete by next week?! That would mean mine would be done 2 weeks early.

Has anyone had this experience? Thanks in advance...
Old 06-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 503 Posts

Latest word is that production will finish around end of June, it 'might' stretch to 1st week of July, the special ordered cars are going last as they takes the most time.

If your car is showing production, that means it has entered the floor, it will stay there for 4 days then another week at validation. But it's very likely the car will spend another week after validation to fix something. If nothing else goes wrong then it will get lined up and wait for shipping. Your car should be ready for shipping before the end of June, and if you didn't choose air freight it should arrive at your dealership mid July-ish.

For some reason the 918s always seems to fall into a black hole after production, it will get stuck somewhere for some reasons and Porsche sometimes are not very transparent about it. Be it custom delay, shipping delay, or stop sale, or production hold to check on newly discovered glitches. One needs to be very forceful with them to get information out of them.

Of the 40 or so cars that I know of, just about every one was late by at least a week, some more, some a lot more. Only 2 ended up appearing at the expected date.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:29 PM
DesmoRR
Instructor

Copy thanks, mine is airfreight, but also is fully custom with paint and interior finishes. So lets see what happens here!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:17 PM
FastCarNut
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, mine is, according to the latest Porsche update from last Thursday, leaving "Production (C.P. 7.8)" -whatever that means, but I guess that's where they build the cars- on the 19th or the 20th. This is right on top of the originally scheduled date.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:23 PM
DesmoRR
Instructor

Ok, we may be in the same boat. Mine says production should be complete the 19th. Who knows...
Old 06-06-2015, 03:26 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoRR
Copy thanks, mine is airfreight, but also is fully custom with paint and interior finishes. So lets see what happens here!
Nice. Love it when we take full advantage of Porsche Exclusive.

May I ask what some of your custom requests were?
Old 06-06-2015, 04:14 PM
DesmoRR
Instructor

Yes for sure.

Car is viper green, one of 2 in the world I am told. However mine has all black 918 Spyder badging, silver brake calipers, standard wheels painted black, black interior with custom viper green leather on the steering wheel 12 o'clock ring, viper green stitching everywhere you can get it, viper green leather bound carbon floor mats, viper green leather key pouch with painted key, viper green piping on the seats as well.

Should be pretty slick!

Trending Topics

Old 06-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 503 Posts

No wonder they had your car up at the last group, takes a lot of time for them to validate the custom colours for the interior on the leather.

Quick Reply: 918 Timeframe