Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 10:46 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

FF the car is wonderful - beyond all expectations.

SV arrived in the states last Friday fingers crossed it hits the dealer tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:48 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

SV should be finished today from the detail shop.
Attached Images    
Old 05-25-2016, 10:55 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Nuvolari.... Congratulations. Awesome color. Glad you went for blue.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:51 PM
SpeeddemonC2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stunning SV! Congrats! Enjoy in good health!
Old 06-15-2016, 11:55 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Thanks guys. Blue Sideris has many variations at night it's almost black to light blue in the sun.

After 300 miles the car is a blast and receives ridiculous amounts of attention.

Feels a lot like the CGT - SV has more torque and power exits corners like it's clawing at the asphalt.

One nice feature is the Roadsters rear window lowers letting the driver hear the V12.

Shifting is crisp and hammers like the 16M with 200 more hp. Very impressed with Lamborghini fit and finish after it left the detail shop (paint correction) is perfect.

That being said before the last big engines are gone ordered the ACR Extreme!
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2016, 07:57 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Beautiful color. Enjoy it.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:25 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by CGT000
Beautiful color. Enjoy it.
Thanks - racing exhaust went on today.

Sounds insane!
Old 06-20-2016, 08:47 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Thanks - racing exhaust went on today.

Sounds insane!
We need a sound clip!
Old 06-21-2016, 03:12 AM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxt
Lambo driver is Marco Mapelli, good racing driver and development tester for Pirelli

The car was running on Pirelli Trofeo R (despite the video header saying it was on PZero Corsa)

Standard car but with a slighlty more aggressive ecu map, known as "press kit", car should have around 800hp...
Press Kit? Sounds like something Ferrari would do and. Chevrolet did with their original Corvette ZR1. They juiced those 'Vettes up for the press cars.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:40 AM
SpeeddemonC2
Instructor

Congrats on the SV Roadster! Beautiful color and the exhaust is a must! Let's see a video of it going through the gears!
Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The lambo SV finally did a supertest. From lambo power

Ring - 7:15 (Porsche 918 did 7:13 with the same driver)
Hockenheim - 1:07.8
0-100: 2.8 sec
0-200: 8.6 sec
Weight: ~ 3850 lbs
Tires: P Zero Corsa

Old 07-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Scuderia980
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunning!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:40 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Superleggera rumor mill:
Interesting rumor I heard when I picked up my R8 at my Audi dealer (who also sells Lamborghini): Apparently, there has been a new Nordschleife record, achieved by a Lamborghini Huracan Superleggera mule but with production power and production chassis setup. Tires were also the Pirelli tires the Superleggera will be delivered with. This hasn't been made public (yet?) because VW Group put a lid on this information. This rumor has circled for a couple of weeks but apparently there was a Lamborghini engineer who confirmed it. Record time was a fractions of a second better...

I know, I know...just a rumor but if true, the new Superleggera should be an interesting product. The Audi version will very likely be named R8 GT.

Rumored power 640 hp (other sources indicate 630), rumored weight 85-100 kg less than current Huracan.

Lamborghini has recently been very active in GT racing whether Blancpain or other series and I am sure they are harvesting some of the fruit from these efforts. A race engineer I know has said that from day 1 they worked on the car they were very impressed with everything from the quality to the layout. He is also working on Audi, Ferrari and McLaren GT3 cars. Good to see a brand who has less history in racing step up, and deliver to the clients.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:49 PM
SpeeddemonC2
Instructor

Originally Posted by kingjr9000
Superleggera rumor mill from RT:
Interesting rumor I heard when I picked up my R8 at my Audi dealer (who also sells Lamborghini): Apparently, there has been a new Nordschleife record, achieved by a Lamborghini Huracan Superleggera mule but with production power and production chassis setup. Tires were also the Pirelli tires the Superleggera will be delivered with. This hasn't been made public (yet?) because VW Group put a lid on this information. This rumor has circled for a couple of weeks but apparently there was a Lamborghini engineer who confirmed it. Record time was a fractions of a second better...

I know, I know...just a rumor but if true, the new Superleggera should be an interesting product. The Audi version will very likely be named R8 GT.

Rumored power 640 hp (other sources indicate 630), rumored weight 85-100 kg less than current Huracan.

Lamborghini has recently been very active in GT racing whether Blancpain or other series and I am sure they are harvesting some of the fruit from these efforts. A race engineer I know has said that from day 1 they worked on the car they were very impressed with everything from the quality to the layout. He is also working on Audi, Ferrari and McLaren GT3 cars. Good to see a brand who has less history in racing step up, and deliver to the clients.
I have heard something similar from a source who has a Lamborghini tuning shop who has a close relationship with the local dealer and Lambo USA also. What I heard was that the Huracan SL beat the Aventador SV's Nurburgring lap and that it will have 650 PS (approx. 640 HP SAE). Also massive aero down force compared to the standard Huracan.

Looking forward to this car being shown may be at Frankfurt or Paris this year!
Old 08-18-2016, 03:42 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Heres a nice little tidbit I saw from an SV owner on instagram regarding the N-ring time as well as a hint about its full potential:

Trofeo Rs come out from factory and dealers as options starting September I believe. In addition, EVERY single automotive test of the McLaren and Porsche has been with the Race options (Trofeo R and titanium exhaust) and Weissach (Lighter wheels, more agressive aero) respectively. Nobody has used a Lamborghini with race option from Santa'gata being Factory Race Exhaust w/ Exhaust tune. I have only exhaust tune on my car from factoryand I am hitting 155 on the straight at Thermalbefore slowing down at brake zone 3. Oh and I've only been to that track once ������ If Randy Pobst had a race option SV I believe he would have decimated his time. With Trofeo Rs braking would have improved along with Acceleration, allowing this car to possibly compete or even surpass the performance of the 918.

Another Owners' review from instagram:

So how was the sv on track?
First the disclaimers; I'm used to driving mclarens so when I drove 675 lt on track it was very natural to me. @racesonoma is self proclaimed "the most technical track in USA" .Only two places where one can hit 130 mph. 600 + horsepower one won't feel much of a difference in lap times. No real advantage for 740 hp versus 666 ho at a track like Sonoma )
Sv felt very planted. The all wheel drive and weight of the car made me feel pretty secure. It didn't seem that I would lose control of the car. Rear wheel drive and lower weight like the 675 it feels like one is driving a feather and the slightest twitch and car could go sideways.
I'd say 80% of the time one is in third gear in the mclarens and sv. Since the 675 is so light you can really power out of corners versus the sv. I reached higher speeds in 675 vs sv
Sv has p zero corsas vs trofeo on 675. This alone gives a big advantage to 675 (p1 was 2 seconds faster in chris Harris test with trofeos vs corsas). This is a huge advantage for the 675 when going through the fast corners (turn 12. 1 and 2).
Sv handled the eses very well. However, weight advantage allows 675 to build up speed much faster before one starts gliding through the eses.
I was impressed with sv braking. The abs didn't kick in under heavy braking where's the 675 it will the odd time.
Overall on a track like Sonoma the 675 was faster due to its weight advantage, tires.). I'd say that an intermediate driver would be able to get more out of an sv then they would from a 675.
The sv ring results were not known or even tested When I committed to the car. I didn't buy it for its track capabilities but it is icing on the cake in that it not only looks great but has some good performance behind it.
I look forward to tracking it on a longer and less technical track to see how it does against the 675.

Quick Reply: Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min.