Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:57 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min.

Aventador SV - question is how will the limited F12 respond.

https://www.facebook.com/Shmee150/vi...type=2&theater
Old 05-17-2015, 01:12 AM
Kulak
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said before, the hypercars of today are not very hyper. And don't deserve all the fanfare and pomp. And other stuff. Well they are hyper for the first ten minutes or so but once the batteries drain, they become ordinary supercars. And hence the Aventador having a near identical time as the 918 at the Nurembergring.

Last edited by Kulak; 05-19-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:16 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,725 Likes on 4,759 Posts

Originally Posted by Kulak
Like I said before, the hypercars of today are not very hyper. And don't deserve all the fanfare and pomp. And other stuff. Well they are hyper for the first ten minutes or so but once the batteries drain, they became ordinary supercars. And hence the Aventador having a near identical time as the 918 at the Nurembergring.
Well, hypercars aren't just about going fast.

They're about going fast on a hybrid (or KERS) platform.

Hence the name, y'know, hypercar.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:54 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Well, hypercars aren't just about going fast.

They're about going fast on a hybrid (or KERS) platform.

Hence the name, y'know, hypercar.
Understood.

But were talking about a modified Aventador - that's going to raise some eyebrows.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:15 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Understood.

But were talking about a modified Aventador - that's going to raise some eyebrows.
You can see that they used a true race seat. And I am sure they put a hefty extinguisher in there and removed the second seat. I think you can see the button for it in the center counsel. Net net weight is probably equal. Difference is the car is a crap load safer to do those speeds should a crash happen. This video is no freaking joke. Driver is SUPER COMMITTED.

Also these are street P Zero Corsa tires and thats what comes with an SV so not modified there either, it just happened at the Pirelli development day at the ring. Instead of Lambo having to rent the track alone for the day, Pirelli may have given them a shot at it. Thats just speculation from me BTW. But running the ring is something the CEO of Lambo has said recently in interviews. They promised a result that would be extraordinary but I didnt think this was possible.

I am still a little skeptical too but it seems like it really could be legit. Crazy speeds are achieved in that vid. And you have to remember a SV is MARKEDLY different from a regular Aventador. In its bodywork for aero, in its suspension, and its stock tires.

Could it knock 25 seconds off??.

As some people have said here, and I believe it too, if a slightly tuned CGT (Straight pipes, filters, ecu tune) wearing the stickiest road tires of today went back to the ring we would see something astonishing. Someone in Europe whos listening, please go do this.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:27 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I agree - but that track is tough one slip in the CGT and it's a yard sale.

Hoping Ford GT and F12 respond to the Aventador - same driver as ice runs thru that mans veins.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:21 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by cgt04115
You can see that they used a true race seat. And I am sure they put a hefty extinguisher in there and removed the second seat. I think you can see the button for it in the center counsel. Net net weight is probably equal. Difference is the car is a crap load safer to do those speeds should a crash happen. This video is no freaking joke. Driver is SUPER COMMITTED.

Also these are street P Zero Corsa tires and thats what comes with an SV so not modified there either, it just happened at the Pirelli development day at the ring. Instead of Lambo having to rent the track alone for the day, Pirelli may have given them a shot at it. Thats just speculation from me BTW. But running the ring is something the CEO of Lambo has said recently in interviews. They promised a result that would be extraordinary but I didnt think this was possible.

I am still a little skeptical too but it seems like it really could be legit. Crazy speeds are achieved in that vid. And you have to remember a SV is MARKEDLY different from a regular Aventador. In its bodywork for aero, in its suspension, and its stock tires.

Could it knock 25 seconds off??.

As some people have said here, and I believe it too, if a slightly tuned CGT (Straight pipes, filters, ecu tune) wearing the stickiest road tires of today went back to the ring we would see something astonishing. Someone in Europe whos listening, please go do this.
Is it me or is the Aventador SV lap much more exciting to watch than Marc Lieb's lap in the 918? That Lambo driver is sure committed!!

A few things to point out though, the SV is not 25secs faster than the regular Aventador because the Lamborghini never disclosed their official lap time at the Ring with the regular production Aventador. The N-Ring lap time was by the German magazine, by a very good driver, but not by a factory racing driver in any means.

Nonetheless, this just shows how capable the Aventador chassis is. I have always known with my Aventador, it is such a blast to drive around (albeit very heavy) on the track.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:24 PM
home7271
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

So I watched the Aventador SV lap and the 918 lap sided by side. These are my observations:

1) SV is actually a shade faster in the tighter corners. (SV is lighter?)

2) 918 is noticeably quicker around faster corners. (918 has more power?)

3) Looks like SV reached higher top speed at end of back straight. (918 ran out of electric juice?)

4) 918 seems softer sprung. In the back straight, 918's cabin is very calm where SV is shaking with every bump on the track. (918 is more all around?)

5) Both drivers have big *****! (No guesses here!)
Old 05-18-2015, 10:53 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Lieb, who drove the 918, is a well known driver. Does anyone know who is the SV driver? Lamborghini did not give him credit (at least I couldn't find it). Otherwise he might end up as one of those anonymous heroes... In the old days, we could guess it was Balboni.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:13 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Lambo driver is Marco Mapelli, good racing driver and development tester for Pirelli

The car was running on Pirelli Trofeo R (despite the video header saying it was on PZero Corsa)

Standard car but with a slighlty more aggressive ecu map, known as "press kit", car should have around 800hp...
Old 05-20-2015, 03:13 PM
xybyx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxt
Lambo driver is Marco Mapelli, good racing driver and development tester for Pirelli

The car was running on Pirelli Trofeo R (despite the video header saying it was on PZero Corsa)

Standard car but with a slighlty more aggressive ecu map, known as "press kit", car should have around 800hp...
Do you mind telling us how you know this?
Old 05-21-2015, 05:45 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xybyx
Do you mind telling us how you know this?
I know people...
Old 05-21-2015, 10:13 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by maxt
I know people...
I am sure you do but do you realize what you wrote?

You are calling out two prominent factories.

Slippery slope.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:09 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Now I know what to ask for Father's Day.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Say what you will, that lambo is on street tires. The SV comes with Pzero Corsa tires. Read the specs....... This is a completely legit effort from the factory to showcase the speed and fury only a raging bull with a massive V-12 can achieve.

Not only that, but the video itself is so fun to watch. What a wild ride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min.