Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min. - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960

Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min.

Reply

Old 05-21-2015, 01:23 PM
  #16
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Alec@Fabspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fort Washington, Pa
Posts: 4,311
Default

Everyone is so obsessed with Ring' numbers. I don't get it. I mean it's cool and all but anything below a 7:30 is asking SO much from the people who buy these cars.

I would be surprised if anyone who buys this car could legitimately do less than a 7:30 ring time. It's just a measuring contest at this point. Which is a shame. Because now if the limited F12 isn't as fast most people will automatically look at it as a failure.
__________________
Alec Acuff
Porsche Performance Specialist
[email protected]
267-742-3047

Fabspeed Motorsport USA
155 Commerce Drive Fort Washington, PA 19034
www.Fabspeed.com
Alec@Fabspeed is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:54 AM
  #17
maxt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
maxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London - Milan
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 View Post
I am sure you do but do you realize what you wrote?

You are calling out two prominent factories.

Slippery slope.
I don't understand what you mean?

I'm not calling out anyone...the SV that did the test is running a more aggressive ECU map that sooner or later will be offered (as last SV) also to clients ...and the fact it was running on Trofeo R tyres rather then Corsa is just a technicality...really can't see the problem on what I wrote?
maxt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:04 AM
  #18
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
nuvolari612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,678
Default

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Everyone is so obsessed with Ring' numbers. I don't get it. I mean it's cool and all but anything below a 7:30 is asking SO much from the people who buy these cars.

I would be surprised if anyone who buys this car could legitimately do less than a 7:30 ring time. It's just a measuring contest at this point. Which is a shame. Because now if the limited F12 isn't as fast most people will automatically look at it as a failure.
Having a deposit on the new F12 it's well known it will be a special car - for years the Ferrari forums associate their cars with F1 - talk about a stretch but it's a fun ride which was one of the things that pushed me to the 16M. It's a celebration car that reflects constructor championships that raised the bar - love the car.

Competition for a street car at the track is the new job #1 at many factories.

Ferrari will always be the top dog - the Ring is the cheapest way to gain huge recognition for factories with little to zero racing programs.

918 Aventador SV and many others use the ring while Ferrari and Mclaren have endless expenses in F1 - best bargain in the world.

Guys without training who think they can drive like a pro - we all know better.
nuvolari612 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:28 PM
  #19
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
nuvolari612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,678
Default

Originally Posted by maxt View Post
I don't understand what you mean?

I'm not calling out anyone...the SV that did the test is running a more aggressive ECU map that sooner or later will be offered (as last SV) also to clients ...and the fact it was running on Trofeo R tyres rather then Corsa is just a technicality...really can't see the problem on what I wrote?
You called it a "press kit tune" and the tires were not as described.

When asked you stated - you know people - which is inferring the test car / lap time has been juiced up vs the customer cars.

Now you are saying it will be offered sooner or later - doubt the SV is not going to have two ECU maps as an option why would anyone take the lessor - it either is or is not a "press kit" tires aside ... so?
nuvolari612 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:31 PM
  #20
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Alec@Fabspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fort Washington, Pa
Posts: 4,311
Default

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 View Post
Having a deposit on the new F12 it's well known it will be a special car - for years the Ferrari forums associate their cars with F1 - talk about a stretch but it's a fun ride which was one of the things that pushed me to the 16M. It's a celebration car that reflects constructor championships that raised the bar - love the car.

Competition for a street car at the track is the new job #1 at many factories.

Ferrari will always be the top dog - the Ring is the cheapest way to gain huge recognition for factories with little to zero racing programs.

918 Aventador SV and many others use the ring while Ferrari and Mclaren have endless expenses in F1 - best bargain in the world.

Guys without training who think they can drive like a pro - we all know better.
I understand and I am not saying that the new F12 wont beat it. I am just saying that IF it didn't it would have huge consequences over what is arguably an unattainable and silly statistc. I am a Ferrari guy btw
__________________
Alec Acuff
Porsche Performance Specialist
[email protected]
267-742-3047

Fabspeed Motorsport USA
155 Commerce Drive Fort Washington, PA 19034
www.Fabspeed.com
Alec@Fabspeed is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:57 PM
  #21
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
nuvolari612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,678
Default

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
I understand and I am not saying that the new F12 wont beat it. I am just saying that IF it didn't it would have huge consequences over what is arguably an unattainable and silly statistc. I am a Ferrari guy btw
I agree - but these factories competing is a good thing. The Ring sits in the backyard of one factory in particular.

You performed the best sounding / performing 360C exhaust on the planet - great work!
nuvolari612 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:50 PM
  #22
kingjr9000
User
 
kingjr9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 218
Default

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 View Post
Having a deposit on the new F12 it's well known it will be a special car - for years the Ferrari forums associate their cars with F1 - talk about a stretch but it's a fun ride which was one of the things that pushed me to the 16M. It's a celebration car that reflects constructor championships that raised the bar - love the car.

Competition for a street car at the track is the new job #1 at many factories.

Ferrari will always be the top dog - the Ring is the cheapest way to gain huge recognition for factories with little to zero racing programs.

918 Aventador SV and many others use the ring while Ferrari and Mclaren have endless expenses in F1 - best bargain in the world.

Guys without training who think they can drive like a pro - we all know better.
You do realize that porsche and a few others are in LeMans, right? Plus, F1 isn't really the top dog anymore for innovations.
kingjr9000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:52 PM
  #23
kingjr9000
User
 
kingjr9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 218
Default

kingjr9000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:15 PM
  #24
Mumbles
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mumbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,231
Default

That's faster than my wife drives to the mall on Black Friday...............maybe not ..
Mumbles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:19 AM
  #25
Der-Schwabe
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 View Post
Having a deposit on the new F12 it's well known it will be a special car - for years the Ferrari forums associate their cars with F1 - talk about a stretch but it's a fun ride which was one of the things that pushed me to the 16M. It's a celebration car that reflects constructor championships that raised the bar - love the car.

Competition for a street car at the track is the new job #1 at many factories.

Ferrari will always be the top dog - the Ring is the cheapest way to gain huge recognition for factories with little to zero racing programs.

918 Aventador SV and many others use the ring while Ferrari and Mclaren have endless expenses in F1 - best bargain in the world.

Guys without training who think they can drive like a pro - we all know better.
Hang on, I would agree with what you say as regards the Lambo in particular as the Aventador delivers nothing new as regards technology or is race derived but you are way off course on Porsche & the 918. I am sure you know that Porsche has for decades taken part in the FIA World Endurance Championship and won and used technology in their road cars from these race programs including the 918 as it's engine was derived from the LMP2 RS Spyder. One could argue for hours whether the FIA World Endurance Championship or F1 is more relevant for innovation. Did you feel compelled to order an Infinity Q50 that was offered on the back of Red Bull's F1 successes? I would also be cautious citing McLaren's F1 efforts having any relevance for their road cars. McLaren has never supplied the engine on their F1 cars, back in the day, between 1984 to 1987 it was actually Porsche that supplied the engines to McLaren's F1 efforts allowing the win of the 1984, 1985 and 1986 driver's title, more recently this was done by Mercedes and is now done by Honda.
Der-Schwabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:30 AM
  #26
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
nuvolari612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,678
Default

Originally Posted by kingjr9000 View Post
You do realize that porsche and a few others are in LeMans, right? Plus, F1 isn't really the top dog anymore for innovations.
LeMans awd vs F1 innovations.

F1 - two seconds slower with V6 engines. LeMans is running the same times as last year.

See the steering wheel of F1 vs LeMans

No comparison in talent money spent let alone innovations.
Attached Images   

Last edited by nuvolari612; 05-23-2015 at 12:01 PM.
nuvolari612 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:36 AM
  #27
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
nuvolari612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,678
Default

Originally Posted by Der-Schwabe View Post
Hang on, I would agree with what you say as regards the Lambo in particular as the Aventador delivers nothing new as regards technology or is race derived but you are way off course on Porsche & the 918. I am sure you know that Porsche has for decades taken part in the FIA World Endurance Championship and won and used technology in their road cars from these race programs including the 918 as it's engine was derived from the LMP2 RS Spyder. One could argue for hours whether the FIA World Endurance Championship or F1 is more relevant for innovation. Did you feel compelled to order an Infinity Q50 that was offered on the back of Red Bull's F1 successes? I would also be cautious citing McLaren's F1 efforts having any relevance for their road cars. McLaren has never supplied the engine on their F1 cars, back in the day, between 1984 to 1987 it was actually Porsche that supplied the engines to McLaren's F1 efforts allowing the win of the 1984, 1985 and 1986 driver's title, more recently this was done by Mercedes and is now done by Honda.
Caution all you wish while referencing a Q50.

Porsche Honda Infinity Toyota - no one gets excited until they see the window dressing of Red Bull Mclaren Mercedes Ferrari etc.

All one has to do is look at trinket sales - place a Q50 signed hat next to a Schumacher at equal price and see which sells first.

All I am saying is the Ring is low cost marketing - that's why Ferrari won''t play in that sandbox. Ferrari will not give the Ring credibility they save that for F1.

Again - like it or not Ferrari F1 is #1.

I love LeMans - but it's no F1 even with the largest / smallest db in the world running it.
nuvolari612 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:14 PM
  #28
Der-Schwabe
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 View Post
Caution all you wish while referencing a Q50.

Porsche Honda Infinity Toyota - no one gets excited until they see the window dressing of Red Bull Mclaren Mercedes Ferrari etc.

All one has to do is look at trinket sales - place a Q50 signed hat next to a Schumacher at equal price and see which sells first.

All I am saying is the Ring is low cost marketing - that's why Ferrari won''t play in that sandbox. Ferrari will not give the Ring credibility they save that for F1.

Again - like it or not Ferrari F1 is #1.

I love LeMans - but it's no F1 even with the largest / smallest db in the world running it.
I have no beef with Ferrari whatsoever. What I felt needed saying was that Porsche is NOT one of those companies that has "little to zero racing programs" and therefore uses the NŘrburgring lap times as a cheap marketing tool. That would be manifestly untrue about Porsche as it is running major racing programs as I had highlighted in my previous post.
Der-Schwabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:53 PM
  #29
kingjr9000
User
 
kingjr9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 218
Question

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 View Post
LeMans awd vs F1 innovations.

F1 - two seconds slower with V6 engines. LeMans is running the same times as last year.

See the steering wheel of F1 vs LeMans

No comparison in talent money spent let alone innovations.
I don't quite get what you're saying. Are you saying that f1 is better than sec on innovations? The lap times from catalunya from 2014 and 2015 for f1 are:
RB: 1:28.9 MB: 1:28.2

The lap times from silverstone from 2014 to 2015 for wec are:
Toy: 1:42.7 Por: 1:39.7

And then if you want to, f1 2014 to WEC 2015 times from silverstone are f1: 1:37.2 WEC: 1:39.7

I don't get what you're getting at with the steering wheel, or what you're getting at with the money spent. Could you clarify?

Last edited by kingjr9000; 05-23-2015 at 07:13 PM.
kingjr9000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:55 PM
  #30
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
nuvolari612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,678
Default

Originally Posted by kingjr9000 View Post
I don't quite get what you're saying. Are you saying that f1 is better than sec on innovations? The lap times from catalunya from 2014 and 2015 for f1 are:
RB: 1:28.9 MB: 1:28.2

The lap times from silverstone from 2014 to 2015 for wec are:
Toy: 1:42.7 Por: 1:39.7

And then if you want to, f1 2014 to WEC 2015 times from silverstone are f1: 1:37.2 WEC: 1:39.7

I don't get what you're getting at with the steering wheel, or what you're getting at with the money spent. Could you clarify?
F1 drivers teams engineering from a fan is IMO the best racing in the world - even with the new sound.

Comparing the two is very subjective.
nuvolari612 is online now  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
991gtR
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
66
07-23-2016 04:33 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
GT4
32
04-12-2016 11:41 PM
neanicu
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
5
03-17-2016 09:27 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: